• 32419阅读
  • 203回复

和我一起读报纸

级别: 管理员
只看该作者 20 发表于: 2006-12-03
21、Primary Navigation
HomeU.S.BusinessWorldEntertainmentSportsTechPoliticsScienceHealthTravelMost Popular
Secondary Navigation
Movies Music TV Industry Reviews Books Celebrity Fashion Dear Abby Dear Margo Humor Search:   All News Yahoo! News Only News Photos Video/Audio Advanced

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charlie and Denise Break for Good by Natalie Finn
Thu Nov 30, 12:11 PM ET

Los Angeles (E! Online) -     Charlie Sheen can start acting like a free man again. Legally.

His marriage to     Denise Richards is officially over, according to court documents obtained by E! News. The dissolution papers were filed Nov. 17 in Los Angeles Superior Court.

Not all is said and done, however. Still up in the air are the final division of the pair's assets (Sheen earns $350,000 an episode for Two and a Half Men, so there's even more money in the pot now) and the custody arrangement with their two daughters, Lola, 1, and Sam, 2.

Already off the to-do list is the matter of that pesky restraining order Richards obtained against Sheen in April. In August the duo announced they had "amicably resolved" their issues and the keep-away order was dropped.

A September custody hearing was canceled at the time, as well. Sheen, 41, who is seeking joint custody, had been having supervised visits with his kids since May.

Overall, the breakup proceedings are rivaling the couple's entire courtship in length.

Richards, 35, originally filed for divorce in March 2005 when she was six months pregnant with Lola, citing irreconcilable differences as the reason. The couple tied the knot in June 2002, Sheen's second trip down the aisle and Richards' first.

Sheen followed up three weeks later with his own divorce petition and a straight-up denial to rumors that he had been unfaithful, calling the reason for the split a "private matter" between the two of them.

At about this time last year, Richards and Sheen looked to be on the road to reconciliation, with Sheen showing off his wedding band and telling Late Late Show host     Craig Ferguson that things were "really good" between him and the missus.

But Richards was moving ahead with the divorce by January and dating     Richie Sambora by June―supposedly after canceling all her shopping dates with     Heather Locklear.

"I know what everyone's saying: 'She stole her best friend's husband,'" the Wild Things star told People in August. "She and I were extremely close…I would never, ever pursue my girlfriend's soon-to-be-ex-husband…My friendship with Heather had ended. It ended before Richie and I were together."

Sheen is currently dating 29-year-old Brooke Mueller, an actress and real estate investor, and has more or less given his blessing to Richards and Sambora.

"Well, at least I knew the guy that she wound up with, Richie," Sheen told People earlier this month. "To know that it's somebody decent and smart and a good parent to be around your children, that's a good thing."
只看该作者 21 发表于: 2006-12-03
22、Clooney Doubles Up by Josh Grossberg
Thu Nov 30, 11:51 AM ET

Los Angeles (E! Online) - People just named George Clooney's the Sexiest Man Alive. He might also be the busiest.

The actor-writer-director is teaming up with Warner Bros. for a pair of thrillers poised to further cement his reputation for playing cool celluloid customers, a studio spokeswoman confirmed today.

The first picture, White Jazz, is a film noir based on James Ellroy's acclaimed crime novel―the final volume in the author's "L.A. Quartet" of books (L.A. Confidential, The Big Nowhere and The Black Dahlia) focusing on murder and police corruption in 1940s and 1950s Los Angeles.

In White Jazz, Clooney will essay the role of David Klein, a dirty police lieutenant beholden to the mob who gets set up to be the fall guy when feds launch a corruption probe into the police force.

The hardboiler will be produced by Patrick Cheh, Diane Nabatoff, Clark Peterson and Michelle Grace and is being cofinanced Cherry Road Films and Warner Independent Pictures, which will also distribute. According to the Hollywood Reporter, the film will be directed by Joe Carnahan (Narc) from a script by his brother Matthew Michael Carnahan, but the studio would not confirm.

The movie has been mired in development for a good five years now. According to Variety, before the Good Night, and Good Luck star got involved,     Nick Nolte and     John Cusack were previously attached to headline the project with Robert Richardson at the helm, but nothing ever came to fruition.

The second high-profile new project will see the Oscar winner direct and star in Belmont Boys, a heist drama written by Ocean's Thirteen scribes David Levien and Brian Koppelman that follows seven crooks who reunite at a racetrack to finish a job they started three decades earlier.

Boys will be distributed by Warner Bros. and produced by Jerry Weintraub, who has worked with Clooney on Ocean's Eleven and Ocean's Twelve. And like the latter, the film will be shot on locations in both the U.S. and Europe.

Weintraub told Variety that the film will feature an older ensemble than the Ocean's films, "though all big stars." He added that he and Clooney are recruiting actors now.

Both of the new flicks return the thesp to the familiar (if shady) territory he covered in Out of Sight, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind and the Ocean's saga.

A studio rep said Warners hasn't determined which film will shoot first. In any case, the studio will have to wait for Clooney to make room on his already jammed calendar, which means that neither is expected to go before the cameras until 2008.

The former ER hunk, who was just named People's Sexiest Man Alive for the second time, is set to reunite with Joel and Ethan Coen, who directed him in O Brother Where Art Thou? and Intolerable Cruelty, for their third collaboration, Burn After Reading. The film takes a humorous look at the secret world of spooks.

He then plans to direct and star in the period football film Leatherheads, which begins principal photography in March.

Clooney next hits theaters Dec. 15 in pal     Steven Soderbergh's stylized World War II period drama The Good German. He follows that next summer with the release of Ocean's Thirteen, also by Soderbergh, followed by a role as a high-powered attorney whose past comes back to haunt him in the thriller, Michael Clayton.
只看该作者 22 发表于: 2006-12-03
23、Primary Navigation
HomeU.S.BusinessWorldEntertainmentSportsTechPoliticsScienceHealthTravelMost Popular
Secondary Navigation
Movies Music TV Industry Reviews Books Celebrity Fashion Dear Abby Dear Margo Humor Search:   All News Yahoo! News Only News Photos Video/Audio Advanced

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clooney Mixes Drinks with DeVito by Natalie Finn
Fri Dec 1, 1:41 PM ET

Los Angeles (E! Online) -     Danny DeVito wasn't the only one knocking back the limoncello the other night.

ADVERTISEMENT

And that's as much as     George Clooney remembers.

In an interview scheduled to air Monday on the Today show, the Syriana Oscar winner tried to pinpoint just how much alcohol was consumed the night before DeVito's slur-heavy appearance on The View Wednesday.

"A lot," Clooney offered when Matt Lauer asked him how much of the sweet Italian liqueur he and his little buddy ingested.

"I got to the point where I was dumping the shots into, ah you know, a plant next to me and um, I don't think…I don't think Danny saw me do that," People's reigning Sexiest Man Alive said Friday, draped in a sash denoting his latest title and wearing a little crown, both presented to him by Lauer.

(     Brad Pitt is currently wondering why he doesn't try pouring alcohol into nearby plants.)

"Well, the funniest thing was, it was―ah, you know―we were just at a restaurant. It wasn't like we were out drinking," Clooney said laughing. "I was in bed by 11:30 at night and I woke up at, you know, 7―and I was still drunk. It was a brutal night."

DeVito exhibited the full effects of the ravages of the previous evening when he arrived for his sit-down with Barbara Walters & Co. at The View.

At one point perching himself on     Rosie O'Donnell's lap, DeVito proceeded to use a choice expletive to refer to the current U.S. president, and then waxed nostalgic about the days of the Clinton administration―namely how he and wife     Rhea Perlman made good use of the White House's Lincoln Bedroom.

The Deck the Halls star attributed "the last seven limoncellos" for his screwy behavior. He has since called Walters to "apologize for anything that could be construed as unfortunate," according to DeVito's (and Clooney's) publicist, Stan Rosenfeld.

That apparently was enough for the veteran ABC newswoman, who said on Thursday's show that they would be happy to have him back, "better sober than not."

Meanwhile, Clooney was off the hook Wednesday until later in the day, when he appeared on The Daily Show with     Jon Stewart to promote his latest film, The Good German, which takes place in the 1940s and was filmed in black and white, using that era's moviemaking technology.

The dramatic thriller was shot almost entirely on a studio backlot, with various Southern California locations and newsreel footage standing in for post-World War II Germany.

Steven Soderbergh directed Clooney as Jake Geismar, a former AP war correspondent who finds that Berlin is a shell of its former self;     Cate Blanchett as Jake's former employee and lover who's now working as a prostitute; and     Tobey Maguire as the black market-connected U.S. Army soldier assigned to be Jake's driver.

Clooney's real-life driver in New York, however, wasn't able to whisk him away from his midtown hotel on Thursday in time to avoid the paparazzi 's questions about his future partying plans. The literally dashing actor answered with his usual good-natured aplomb as he stepped into his waiting SUV.

When asked whether he'd be hitting the town with     Britney Spears and her new BFF,     Paris Hilton, when he returned to Los Angeles, Clooney good-naturedly said, "I guess not." A photog responded with, "Maybe you can get Danny to go with you," to which Clooney said, "I tell ya, Danny apparently can't drink with me, that's the problem."
只看该作者 23 发表于: 2006-12-03
24、Clooney, DeVito had 'brutal night' out Fri Dec 1, 7:56 PM ET

NEW YORK - Blame it on the shots of limoncello.     George Clooney says he woke up tipsy after a "brutal night" out on the town with his pal     Danny DeVito. "Well the funniest thing was, ah, you know, we were just at a restaurant," Clooney says in an interview to air Monday on NBC's "Today" show.

"It wasn't like we were out drinking. We were at a restaurant, sitting down, drinking. I was in bed by 11:30 at night and I woke up at, you know, 7 (a.m.) and I was still drunk (laughs). ... It was a brutal night."

Clooney, 45, tells "Today" co-host Matt Lauer that he and DeVito "were doing shots of limoncello and that's all I can really say on the subject."

He also tells Lauer it is "all I can remember."

DeVito made a loopy appearance Wednesday on ABC's "The View," saying he'd had a late night out with Clooney.

"I knew it was the last seven limoncellos that was going to get me," said the 62-year-old actor, apparently fond of the lemon li queur.

When Lauer asks Clooney how much was consumed, he replies: "A lot. ... I got to the point where I was dumping the shots into, ah, you know, a plant next to me and, um, I don't think ... I don't think Danny saw me do that."

DeVito ― who was promoting his new comedy, "Deck the Halls" ― slurred his speech and used some bad language when joking about     President Bush, among other gaffes, during his appearance on "The View."

"You know, we love him," Barbara Walters, co-host of the daytime talk show, said on Thursday's show. "We'll have him on again ... better sober than not."

DeVito's spokesman, Stan Rosenfield, said the actor would talk to Walters privately and that no further statement was planned.

___

ABC is owned by The Walt Disney Co. NBC is owned by the General Electric Co.

___

On the Net:

NBC: http://www.nbc.com/

ABC: http://abc.go.com/
只看该作者 24 发表于: 2006-12-03
25、Colbert portrait on display at eatery Thu Nov 30, 6:58 PM ET

CHARLESTON, S.C. -     Stephen Colbert's portrait is now on display at a barbecue restaurant in the TV satirist's hometown. Chad Walldorf of Sticky Fingers restaurants paid $50,605 for the portrait, which "The Colbert Report" sold on eBay, with the money going to charity. The work hung above the fireplace on the set of the Comedy Central show.

ADVERTISEMENT

"I'm a ribs guy. We don't know much about art," Walldorf conceded. "In my house, before I got married, I had the dogs playing poker full series."

Walldorf said he liked having a picture of one of Charleston's most prominent natives.

The portrait was unveiled Thursday at the Sticky Fingers in the city's historic district before a small crowd, which was served sweet iced tea in wine glasses and small barbecue sandwiches.

Colbert sent a note thanking the restaurant, adding: "You are the best thing to come out of Charleston since
只看该作者 25 发表于: 2006-12-03
26、Comic Richards to apologize to blacks from L.A. club
Fri Dec 1, 2006 8:08pm ET

advertisement
Entertainment News
Lindsay Lohan attending AA meetings: publicist
Is there such thing as bad publicity for stars?
Britney ditches her panties, raises eyebrows
VIDEO: Schumacher is back
More Entertainment News... Email This Article | Print This Article | Reprints [-] Text [+]
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - "Seinfeld" co-star Michael Richards will personally apologize to three black men and a black woman he offended in a torrent of racial slurs unleashed during a recent nightclub performance, his spokesman said on Friday.

"Since this happened, this is what Michael has wanted to do -- get in the room and apologize in person to the recipients of his unfortunate remarks," spokesman Chris Giglio said.

An attorney for the four, Gloria Allred, said Richards has agreed to meet her clients along with a retired judge who will serve as a mediator in recommending any further action. The retired judge has not been selected, and Allred said the meeting is likely to take place in January.

Richards, best known for playing the wacky character Kramer for nine years on the NBC smash hit "Seinfeld," might be asked to make a cash payment to the four, but that has yet to be determined, Allred said.

Reuters Pictures

Editors Choice: Best pictures
from the last 24 hours.
View Slideshow

"They (her clients) will be telling him (Richards) about the pain they suffered" as a result of the racial epithets, Allred said during a press conference Friday.

Richards, 57, sparked a public outcry for spewing a torrent of racial slurs at hecklers during his stand-up act at the Laugh Factor comedy club in Hollywood on November 17. The incident was captured in digital camera video footage that was widely circulated on the Internet and was broadcast on TV newscasts three days later.

"I am very happy that Mr. Richards has agreed to meet with me and my friends so that we can tell him how his words made us feel and that he can apologize to us," said Kyle Doss, 26, one of Allred's clients.

Allred said her clients were among a large mixed-race birthday party of 23 individuals and were the only blacks at the large table of friends.

After exchanges between Richards and audience members sitting at a table on the upper level of the comedy club, Richards launched into a series of racial epithets, and used "the 'N-word'" as many as 10 times, she said.

The following Monday, Richards issued a public apology during an appearance with Jerry Seinfeld on the CBS "Late Show with David Letterman," saying he had lost his temper on stage.

Since then, Richards also has appeared on the radio show hosted by civil rights activist the Rev. Jesse Jackson, "Keep Hope Alive," to make a similar apology.

(Additional reporting by Bernie Woodall)
只看该作者 26 发表于: 2006-12-03
27、David Hare's second Iraq war play opens in N.Y.
Fri Dec 1, 2006 2:49pm ET

advertisement
Entertainment News
Comic Richards to apologize to blacks from L.A. club
More Entertainment News... Email This Article | Print This Article | Reprints [-] Text [+] By Christine Kearney

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Months after his anti-war drama "Stuff Happens" opened in New York to largely positive reviews, British playwright David Hare's follow-up on the Iraq conflict -- his first work to premiere on Broadway -- drew a mixed reaction from critics.

Hare's latest play, "The Vertical Hour," opened on Thursday night with four-time Oscar nominee Julianne Moore and English actor Bill Nighy making their Broadway debut under the direction of Academy Award-winning director Sam Mendes.

It marked the first time the acclaimed playwright has debuted a play straight to Broadway after premiering many of his works at the National Theater in London, including "Stuff Happens," about political events leading to the Iraq war.

Reuters Pictures

from the last 24 hours.
View Slideshow

That play, which portrayed Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld as an arrogant warmonger, was mostly well-received by critics when it opened in New York in April. But in reviews of "The Vertical Hour," some critics found Hare's latest work less assured.

Many, however, gave Nighy high marks for his role as a left-leaning English doctor opposed to the Iraq war, saying he outshone Moore's turn as an American pro-Iraq war academic.

New York Times critic Ben Brantley said Moore appeared comfortable on stage but was miscast. Moreover, "her American star shine is no match for Mr. Nighy's wily British craftsmanship," Brantley wrote. "Mr. Nighy, to put it bluntly, mops the floor with Ms. Moore."

Brantley also said Hare's "soggy consideration of the Anglo-American cultural divide" and the play's "obvious topicality" with debate on Iraq was less incisive than "Stuff Happens."

"Without Mr. Nighy, 'The Vertical Hour' would be heavy sledding," he said, calling Nighy's performance "one of the most vibrant portraits to be seen on a New York stage."   Continued...

© Reuters 2006. All Rights Reserved.
只看该作者 27 发表于: 2006-12-03

28、David Hare's second Iraq war play opens in N.Y.
Fri Dec 1, 2006 2:49pm ET

advertisement
Entertainment News
Comic Richards to apologize to blacks from L.A. club
More Entertainment News... Email This Article | Print This Article | Reprints [-] Text [+] By Christine Kearney

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Months after his anti-war drama "Stuff Happens" opened in New York to largely positive reviews, British playwright David Hare's follow-up on the Iraq conflict -- his first work to premiere on Broadway -- drew a mixed reaction from critics.

Hare's latest play, "The Vertical Hour," opened on Thursday night with four-time Oscar nominee Julianne Moore and English actor Bill Nighy making their Broadway debut under the direction of Academy Award-winning director Sam Mendes.

It marked the first time the acclaimed playwright has debuted a play straight to Broadway after premiering many of his works at the National Theater in London, including "Stuff Happens," about political events leading to the Iraq war.

Reuters Pictures

from the last 24 hours.
View Slideshow

That play, which portrayed Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld as an arrogant warmonger, was mostly well-received by critics when it opened in New York in April. But in reviews of "The Vertical Hour," some critics found Hare's latest work less assured.

Many, however, gave Nighy high marks for his role as a left-leaning English doctor opposed to the Iraq war, saying he outshone Moore's turn as an American pro-Iraq war academic.

New York Times critic Ben Brantley said Moore appeared comfortable on stage but was miscast. Moreover, "her American star shine is no match for Mr. Nighy's wily British craftsmanship," Brantley wrote. "Mr. Nighy, to put it bluntly, mops the floor with Ms. Moore."

Brantley also said Hare's "soggy consideration of the Anglo-American cultural divide" and the play's "obvious topicality" with debate on Iraq was less incisive than "Stuff Happens."

"Without Mr. Nighy, 'The Vertical Hour' would be heavy sledding," he said, calling Nighy's performance "one of the most vibrant portraits to be seen on a New York stage."   Continued...
只看该作者 28 发表于: 2006-12-03
29、DeVito's Not So Sobering View by Sarah Hall
Thu Nov 30, 10:47 AM ET

Los Angeles (E! Online) - Memo to stars making the morning television rounds: Think twice before going out on the town with     George Clooney on the night prior to your appearance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Danny DeVito made the mistake of partying with People's Sexiest Man Alive Tuesday―and paid the price in a Wednesday appearance on The View.

"I knew it was the last seven limoncellos that was going to get me," a disheveled DeVito said as he plunked himself down on the View sofa.

The pint-sized actor, who was ostensibly on the show to promote his new movie, Deck the Halls, then proceeded to discuss everything from his political views to his sex life with wife     Rhea Perlman, much to Barbara Walters' visible dismay.

DeVito made no secret of his distaste for     President George W. Bush, whom he referred to as "numb nuts" in a moment that was bleeped out by ABC.

He expressed fonder feelings for former President     Bill Clinton, who once invited him and Perlman to stay in the Lincoln Bedroom, where DeVito said they "made it [their] business to really wreck the joint."

"I mean, everyplace in that bedroom was utilized," DeVito crowed.

"Can we talk about this movie?" Walters asked dryly in response.

After the appearance, DeVito's publicist, Stan Rosenfield (who also reps Clooney), said that the actor wanted to apologize to Barbara Walters for his behavior.

"He wishes to keep this conversation with her private. No further statement is planned," the publicist told E! News.

On Thursday's View, Walters said she had received a message from DeVito, though she had not yet spoken with him.

“It said he was not going to say anything until he talked to me," she said.

Despite DeVito's booze-fueled antics, Walters said she would not hesitate to have him back on the show.

"We love him. We'll have him on again," she said.

Rosie O'Donnell, who held DeVito on her lap at one point Wednesday, defended his behavior.

"Danny DeVito is not an alcoholic. He's just a guy who had too many to drink with his friends," O'Donnell said Thursday. "He was here, he was enjoying himself, he had a wonderful night out and he was a little drunk."

Deck the Halls, which stars DeVito as a man who goes overboard while decorating his house for the holidays, opened last week in fourth place.
只看该作者 29 发表于: 2006-12-03
30、Desperate no more: Eva Longoria engaged Thu Nov 30, 7:28 PM ET

NEW YORK - Her marriage didn't work out on "Desperate Housewives," but things are looking rosy in real life for     Eva Longoria: She's engaged to her beau, basketball star Tony Parker.

ADVERTISEMENT

"Tony flew into Los Angeles last night after his game and surprised Eva at her home as she got off work," Longoria's spokeswoman, Liza Anderson, told The Associated Press on Thursday via e-mail.

"The proposal was romantic and perfect. The couple plans to wed in France in the summer of 2007 in what they describe as a big, happy ceremony with lots of family and friends."

The 31-year-old Longoria, who plays crafty Gabrielle Solis on the hit ABC show, met Parker, a 24-year-old Frenchman, in the San Antonio Spurs' locker room after a game two years ago.

Longoria divorced     Tyler Christopher, who stars on ABC's "General Hospital," in 2004, after two years of marriage.

___

On the Net:

Eva Longoria: http://www.evalongoria.com/

NBA Web site: http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tony_parker/
描述
快速回复

您目前还是游客,请 登录注册