• 5550阅读
  • 11回复

中高级篇第八册课文文本

级别: 管理员
只看该作者 10 发表于: 2008-02-16
LESSON 11 I DON'T THINK THERE ARE ANY OTHER STORIES HERE,

Jim: Maria? I'm at a phone booth at the Nature Center. I've done the interview. . . You want another story?
I don't think there are any other stories here, Maria. . . Maria, it's cold. There aren't very many people here.
All I see are ducks--hundreds of ducks--Do a story on ducks. Are you kidding? How can I do a story on ducks? . . . OK. OK. Well, I'll see. Goodbye.

Jim: Guess what, Mike. . .
Jim: What are we going to do, Mike? I can't do a story on ducks .
Jim: Huh. These ducks are funny. . . The gooses are funny too.
Jim: Look at that one! It's a very strange looking goose. There's another one just like it.
Jim: The big ones are Canadian geese. They're the biggest geese. They chase the others.
Jim: The white ones with orange bills are very beautiful. They live here all year.
Jim: I like the little green ducks . Those little green ones are mallards.
Jim: That one is mean! The others run away when it fights.
I like that little gray one. The kids like that one too. They like to feed it. See, they throw it bread.
But the other one steals it. . Let's do a story on the little gray duck. The kids'll love it.
Jim: Look, there's a little boy. Let's see what happens.
Jim: Where are the geese? There's one. Here's another. . . Now the others see the little boy. . . . and the little boy runs the other way.
Jim: Look out. Here comes another one! Let's shoot some more, Mike.
Jim: OK, Maria, we've finished the story on ducks. . . Yes, you were right. . . Yes, they are interesting. . . Yes, there were children.
We're done here, Maria. We're coming home. . . Otters? There are otters here? You want a story on otters? I can't do a story on otters. . .
级别: 管理员
只看该作者 11 发表于: 2008-02-16
LESSON 12 YOU'RE THE ONE THAT NEEDS THE BIG ROMANCE.

Connie : Do you know where to go for a breath of fresh air and wide open spaces? Jim Stuart found a place right here in Stamford.
Jim: We're here at the Stamford Nature Center with Brad Burnham. Brad, could you tell us a little about the farm?
Brad: Sure. We have a small New England farm here at the Stamford Museum and Nature Center. We have many types of farm animals here.
Jim: There are plenty of farm animals here. The school children love them. There are all the usual farm animals, but not many places have others.
Do you know anywhere in Stamford where you can see otters play?
Jim: But the stars of the show are the new baby lambs.
Jim: Can you tell me how old those lambs are?
Brad: Sure. They are six and a half weeks old and their names are Spot and Houdini.
And they are lots of fun to play with. They're very curious and a little shy of people.
Jim: Could you tell our viewers how big the farm is?
Brad: I'd say maybe about five to ten acres.
Jim: Does anyone know how many geese you have here?
Brad: No, I'm sorry, we don't. We have a lot of geese.
Jim: Can you tell me why the geese like it here?
Brad: Yes, 'cause the visitors love to feed them.
Jim: You can shop at the gift shop or you can walk on the hiking trails. But do you know how to keep a secret?
The most fun here is at the duck pond with all the ducks and geese. But watch out for a duck I call Sally.
Jim: Looking for a beautiful place? We found one right here in Stamford at the Stamford Nature Center. . . When we visited, we saw all sorts of strange geese and ducks. . . .
This one is strange-looking. . . The other ones are beautiful. . . There's another beautiful bird. . . And there's another one. . .
That's a Long Island goose. . . The other ducks near it come form Europe. . . The green ones are mallards.
Jim: Our favorite is Sally. . . the duck who never got fed. . . The other ones won't let her eat!
Jim: The kids bring lots of bread, but it's hard to eat when there's so much competition. . . And here it comes .
Jim: There's one who's hungry!
Jim: Look at that. The other one is hungry too!
Jim: Luckily, there are lots of people who like to feed these ducks and geese even Sally.
Jim: And with everyone's help. Sally finally gets some food.
Maria : These are good stories. The duck story is wonderful.
Connie : Have you heard from Sam Finch?
Maria : No. He hasn't called.
Connie : Did he buy the station in California?
Maria : I don't know. . . You're the one that needs the big romance. You're young. You're beautiful. You'll find someone.
Connie : I hope so, Maria.
Maria : Sam! . . . How are you? Where are you? . . . Well, my trip back was fine. . . Steven Winn had a baby boy. . Yes. . His name is Peter. . . Did you buy the station?
描述
快速回复

您目前还是游客,请 登录注册