that
we stayed until

such an interesting
so well
so little time
such tough work
so easy

二、基本句子:

It's such a strange place for someone to be.   
    We laughed so hard, we cried.
    We had such a good time that we  stayed until the restaurant closed

1、问答信息句子:

How many people in all  were present at the Nature  Center during the filming?
    What's the last word? We  laughed so hard, we . . . what?  Cried.

2、  It's such a 。。。for 。。基本句式替换:

A man.      It's such a strange place for a  man to be.   

Wonderful.      It's such a wonderful place for a  man to be.   

Live.          It's such a wonderful place for a  man to live.   

Stamford.  Stamford is such a wonderful  place for a man to live.

Town.        Stamford is such a wonderful town for a man to live.

Work.        Stamford is such a wonderful  town for a man to work.

People.    Stamford is such a wonderful town for people to work.

3、添加so or such 的复杂句子句型合成:

We laughed hard. We cried.      We laughed so hard, we cried.

We had a good time. We stayed until the restaurant closed.          We had such a good time that  we stayed until the restaurant  closed.   

The food was bad. It was funny.        The food was so bad, it was  funny.   

He's an interesting man. I can't  think of anything else these days.        He's such an interesting man  that I can't think of anything  else these days.   

We danced well together. People  stopped to watch.          We danced so well together,  people stopped to watch.

There's little time left today.  Maybe we should continue  tomorrow morning.          There's so little time left today,  maybe we should continue  tomorrow morning.

It's really tough work. I'm  exhausted at the end of the day.        It's really such tough work that I'm exhausted at the end of the  day.   

This is easy. I think we should  stop now.      This is so easy, I think we should  stop now.   

三、场景学习:

1、场景引导语:

This is Lesson Six. Chris and Jake  are looking at some of the video- tapes Chris took at the Nature  Center. How many  people in all were present during  the filming at the Nature Center?  Listen.

2、情景:

Some of these shots might  work, Jake.  The camera's so shaky, I  can't see what's happening.  What is that? I don't  remember anyone out there.  Of course I was holding the  camera for such a long time  that my arm almost fell off.  The tape's moving so fast  that I can't see. Let's slow it  down.  Look at that. That's a  person.  Wait a minute. I was there. Mike was there. You were  there. I don't remember  anybody else.  It's such a strange place for  someone to be. Behind a  tree?   

3、学习:

OK. How many people in all  were present at the Nature  Center during the filming?

Four. Mike, Jake, Chris, and the  mystery person behind the tree.

Now listen and repeat.

a strange place 

such a strange  place   

it's such a strange place

It's such a strange place for  someone to be.   

It's such a strange place for  someone to be.   

4、引导替换

Now you hear. . .    It's such a strange place for someone to be.      I say, "A man." And you say. . . It's such a strange place for a  man to be.      I say, "Wonderful." And you  say.. .      It's such a wonderful place for a  man to be.      OK? Let's begin.

5、替换练习:

A man.      It's such a strange place for a  man to be.   

Wonderful.      It's such a wonderful place for a  man to be.   

Live.          It's such a wonderful place for a  man to live.   

Stamford.  Stamford is such a wonderful  place for a man to live.

Town.        Stamford is such a wonderful town for a man to live.

Work.        Stamford is such a wonderful  town for a man to work.

People.    Stamford is such a wonderful town for people to work.

四、场景学习:

1、引导语:
    Listen to Rita telling Chris about  her new boyfriend. At one point  Rita says, "We laughed so hard,  we . . ." what? Listen for the  sentence, "We laughed so hard,  we . . . "What's the last word of  that sentence?   

2、情景:

I met a man. He's one of the  most interesting men I've  ever known. He's so  interesting that I don't even  think about my job.  What's his name?  Terry. Terry Smithers. I never thought I'd feel this  way toward anybody again.  A friend introduced us. We  went out to dinner and we  had such a good time that we  stayed until the restaurant  closed. And the food was so  bad! It was one of the worst  restaurants I've ever been to.  It was so bad that it was  funny. We laughed so hard,  we cried. It was wonderful.  We talked about everything.  And after that, we went  dancing.  No.  Yes. He's such a good  dancer.  You are too.  You should have seen us  dance. We danced so well  together that people stopped  to watch. And we've been  together ever since.

3、学习:

Well? What's the last word? We  laughed so hard, we . . . what?  Cried.

Now listen and repeat.

we laughed so hard

we had such a good time

that we stayed until the restaurant closed

We had such a good time that we stayed until the restaurant  closed.

We had such a good time that  we stayed until the restaurant closed.

4、引导练习

Now you hear. . .  We laughed hard. We cried.  You say. . .  We laughed so hard, we cried.    You hear. . .  We had a good time. We stayed until the restaurant closed.  You say. . .  We had such a good time that we  stayed until the restaurant closed.  Ready? Let's begin.

5、合成句子练习:

We laughed hard. We cried.      We laughed so hard, we cried.

We had a good time. We stayed until the restaurant closed.          We had such a good time that  we stayed until the restaurant  closed.   

The food was bad. It was funny.        The food was so bad, it was  funny.   

He's an interesting man. I can't  think of anything else these days.        He's such an interesting man  that I can't think of anything  else these days.   

We danced well together. People  stopped to watch.          We danced so well together,  people stopped to watch.

There's little time left today.  Maybe we should continue  tomorrow morning.          There's so little time left today,  maybe we should continue  tomorrow morning.

It's really tough work. I'm  exhausted at the end of the day.        It's really such tough work that I'm exhausted at the end of the  day.   

This is easy. I think we should  stop now.      This is so easy, I think we should  stop now.   

So do I. This is the end of Lesson  Six.
级别: 管理员
只看该作者 21 发表于: 2007-10-27
第十册第七课

一、基本词组:

wanted him to
want to go
needed me to
wanted her to
asked her to
in.
up
out.
off.
over
I have to hand
She has to

1. verbs are  followed by a gerund and by an  infinitive:
            a verb in  the base form

enjoyed. . .    walk. . . in the park.: enjoy walking
                didn't want. . . go . . .  back to work:  didn't want to go back to 
                wanted him . . . tell . . .  her about
                avoided. . . say. . .  anything about  :  avoided saying
                needed her. . . stay. . .  home      :  needed me to ask
                kept . . . try . . . to get  :  kept on trying to figure out
              just wanted her. . . quit  . . . thinking about 
                He asked her . . . think . . .  about  :  asked her to think about 

二、基本句子:

She wanted him to tell her  something.  But he avoided saying anything  about it.
    Lucy and Ricky enjoyed. . .    walk. . . in the park.  Lucy and Ricky enjoyed walking  in the park.
    I have to hand in this report. I have to hand this report in. I have to hand it in.
    The computer pointed out my  mistakes.  The computer pointed my  mistakes out.   
    I have to run off a few copies. I have to run a few copies off.
    I have to type it again. That's right. You have to type it  over.
    I  love the peace and quiet.  Peace  Peace. p-e-a-c-e.

1.verbs are  followed by a gerund and by an  infinitive:

We enjoy walking in the park. We didn't want to go back to  work.
    She wanted him to tell her  something.  But he avoided saying anything  about it.
    He needed me to ask Mike to do  something.  I kept on trying to figure out the  reason.
    He just wanted her to quit thinking about it.
    He asked her to think about  their relationship instead.

a verb in  the base form:

Lucy and Ricky enjoyed. . .    walk. . . in the park.  Lucy and Ricky enjoyed walking  in the park.
  They didn't want. . . go . . .  back to work.:    They didn't want to go back to  work.
  She wanted him . . . tell . . .  her about his new show.  She wanted him to tell her about  his new show.
    He avoided. . . say. . .  anything about it.  He avoided saying anything
    about it.
    He needed her. . . stay. . .  home and answer the phone.  He needed her to stay home and  answer the phone.
    Lucy kept . . . try . . . to get a  job in Ricky's show.  Lucy kept trying to get a job in Ricky's show.
    He just wanted her. . . quit  . . . thinking about it.    He just wanted her to quit  thinking about it.
    He asked her . . . think . . .  about their maITiage instead.    He asked her to think about  their maITiage instead.

2. separable two- word verbs have two different  forms:
    I have to hand in this report.
    I have to hand this report in.
    I have to hand it in.

She has to type up this report.
    She has to type this report up.
    She has to type it up.

I just cross out the mistake.
    I just cross the mistake out.
    I just cross it out.

The computer points out the  mistakes.   
    The computer points the  mistakes out.   
    The computer points them out.

It fills in the COITect spelling.
    It fills the COITect spelling in.
    It fills it in.   

The computer pointed out my  mistakes.   
    The computer pointed my  mistakes out.   
      I have to cross my mistakes out.
      I have to cross out my mistakes.
      The machine fills in the correct spelling.   
      The machine fills the correct spelling in.   
      I have to run off a few copies.
      I have to run a few copies off.
      It's time to shut the computer  off.   
      It's time to shut off the computer.   

3。separable two-word verbs express the same idea :

I have to deliver my report. That's right. You have to hand it  in.
      I have to type a copy of it. That's right. You have to type it  up.
      The computer will print a copy.That's right. The computer will  print it out.
      I have to clean the room  thoroughly.  That's right. You have to clean it  up.
      I have to draw a line through my  mistake. That's right. You have to cross it  out.
      The computer identifies the  mistake.That's right. The computer picks  it out.
      I have to return the books to  their proper places.That's right. You have to put  them away.
      My computer shows where the  mistakes are. That's right. Your computer  points them out.
      I'm going to make the copies on  a photocopier.  That's right. You're going to run  them off.
      My computer adds the correct  spelling.That's right. Your computer fills  it in.
      I have to discard the paper.That's right. You have to throw  it away.

4。spell  the homonym :

Would you like a piece of my  ornge? Piece.  Piece. p-i-e-c-e.
  The flight is four hours long.  Four. Four... f-o-u-r.
  He works for his father's    company. For. For...f-o-r.
  Let's go swimming in the sea.  Sea. See... s-e-a.
    I don't see any of my friends  here. See. See... s-e-e.
  She bought a blue hat. Blue.  Blue... b-l-u-e.
  Blew...b-l-e-w. The wind blew her hat away. Blew..  Blew...b-l-e-w.

三、场景学习gerund.infinitive,  direct object :

verbs are  followed by a gerund.Others are followed by an  infinitive, sometimes with a  direct object in front of it:

1、引导语:

Welcome to Lesson Seven.  Listen to Rita as she talks about  a recent experience with her boyfriend, Terry.

2、情景:

Terry and I enjoy walking in  the park. Yesterday we went  for a walk, and we didn't want  to go back to work right away.  I wanted him to tell me what  he was working on, but he  avoided saying anything about  it. I couldn't understand why  he needed me to ask Mike to  let him into the editing room.  I kept on trying to figure out  the reason, but Terry just  wanted me to quit thinking  about it. He asked me to think  about our relationship instead.

3、学习:

Now listen and repeat.

We enjoy walking in the park.
    We enjoy walking in the park.
    We didn't want to go back to  work.
    We didn't want to go back to  work.

She wanted him to tell her  something.
    She wanted him to tell her  something.
    But he avoided saying anything  about it.
    But he avoided saying anything  about it.

He needed me to ask Mike to do  something.
    He needed me to ask Mike to do  something.
    I kept on trying to figure out the  reason.
    I kept on trying to figure out the  reason.

He just wanted her to quit
    thinking about it.
    He just wanted her to quit
    thinking about it.
    He asked her to think about
    their relationship instead.
    He asked her to think about
    their relationship instead.

4、引导学习:

verbs  followed by a gerund,infinitive,  direct object :

Notice how some verbs are  followed by a gerund. For  example. . .  We enjoy walking.  He avoided saying anything.  Others are followed by an  infinitive, sometimes with a  direct object in front of it. For  example. . . They didn't want to go.  She wanted him to tell her something.  He wanted her to do something.  Now you're going to hear a  sentence that includes a verb in  the base form. Complete the  sentence using either the gerund or the infinitive. For example, you hear . . .

Lucy and Ricky enjoyed. . .    walk . . . in the park.  And you say. . .  Lucy and Ricky enjoyed walking  in the park.  Or you hear. . .  They didn't want. . . go. . .  back to work.  And you say. . .  They didn't want to go back to  work.  All right? Let's begin.

5、练习:

They didn't want. . . go . . .  back to work.:    They didn't want to go back to  work.
  She wanted him . . . tell . . .  her about his new show.  She wanted him to tell her about  his new show.
  He avoided. . . say. . .  anything about it.  He avoided saying anything
    about it.
    He needed her. . . stay. . .  home and answer the phone.  He needed her to stay home and  answer the phone.
    Lucy kept . . . try . . . to get a  job in Ricky's show.  Lucy kept trying to get a job in Ricky's show.
  He just wanted her. . . quit  . . . thinking about it.    He just wanted her to quit  thinking about it.
  He asked her . . . think . . .  about their maITiage instead.    He asked her to think about  their maITiage instead.

四、场景学习two- word verbs have two different  forms;

1、引导语:

Now listen to Chris as she talks  about her computer and her  problems writing a report.  Notice  all the two-word verbs she uses.

2、情景:

I have to hand in this report  tomorrow, and I have to type it up myself. Thank heaven  for computers. If I make a  mistake, I don't have to type  it over. I just cross out the  mistake . . . Oh, I'm such a    bad typist. It's so hard to pick  out the mistakes on this  screen. . . Fortunately, this  computer can check spelling.  I just hit this button . . .  The computer points out the  mistakes and fills in the corect spelling automatically  . . . I just need to print out    the pages, . . . and run off  some copies. . . and we're  all set. . . I forgot to clean  up. I have to put away the pencils, . . . throw  away this  paper, . . . and shut off the  computer.

3、学习:

Now listen to and repeat these  sentences with two-word verbs.

I have to hand it in.

She has to type up this report.
    She has to type this report up.
    She has to type it up.

I just cross out the mistake.
    I just cross the mistake out.
    I just cross it out.

The computer points out the  mistakes.   
    The computer points the  mistakes out.   
    The computer points them out.

It fills in the correct spelling.
    It fills the correct spelling in.
    It fills it in.   

4、引导学习:

Notice how these separable two- word verbs have two different  forms. For example, you can  say. . .      I have to hand in this report.  Or you can say. . .    I have to hand this report in.

Now you're going to hear a  sentence with a two-word verb  using one of these two forms. Repeat the sentence, changing it to the other form. For example,  you hear . . .   

I have to hand in this report.    And you say . . .    I have to hand this report in.  Or you hear. . .  The computer pointed out my  mistakes.      And you say . . .  The computer pointed my  mistakes out.      OK? Let's begin.

5、练习:

The computer pointed out my  mistakes.   
    The computer pointed my  mistakes out.   
      I have to cross my mistakes out.
      I have to cross out my mistakes.
    The machine fills in the correct spelling.   
      The machine fills the correct spelling in.   
      I have to run off a few copies.
      I have to run a few copies off.
      It's time to shut the computer off.   
      It's time to shut off the computer.   

五、场景学习 separable two-word verbs express the same idea :

1、引导语:

Now let's see if you remember  what these two-word verbs  mean. You're going to hear a sentence that uses another verb  to express the same idea as one  of the two-word verbs. Respond  to the sentence using one of the  separable two-word verbs.  Change the direct-object noun  to a pronoun. For example, you  hear.. .

2、引导学习:

I have to deliver my report.  And you say . . .  That's right. You have to hand it  in.  Or you hear. .    I have to type a copy of it.  And you say . . .  That's right. You have to type it  up.  All right? Let's begin.

3、练习:

I have to deliver my report. That's right. You have to hand it  in.
      I have to type a copy of it. That's right. You have to type it  up.
    The computer will print a copy.That's right. The computer will  print it out.
    I have to clean the room  thoroughly.  That's right. You have to clean it  up.
    I have to draw a line through my  mistake. That's right. You have to cross it  out.
    The computer identifies the  mistake.That's right. The computer picks  it out.
    I have to return the books to  their proper places.That's right. You have to put  them away.
    My computer shows where the  mistakes are. That's right. Your computer  points them out.
    I'm going to make the copies on  a photocopier.  That's right. You're going to run  them off.
    My computer adds the correct  spelling.That's right. Your computer fills  it in.
    I have to discard the paper.That's right. You have to throw  it away.

六、场景学习spell  the homonym :

1、引导语:

Now, to end this lesson, listen to  these sentences.

I love the peace and quiet here.  Would you like a piece of my  orange?

Did you notice the homonyms in those sentence? They were  peace, splled p-c-a-c-e, and piece, spelled p-i-e-c-e.Now listen to these sentences.

I think I know the reason, but it dosen't make sence. That book cost a dollar and fifty cebts.

The homonyms in those sentences were sence, spelled c-e-n-s-e, and cents, spelled s-e-n-t-s. Now you're going  to hear a sentense that contains  a homonym. After each  sentence, repeat and then spell  the homonym in that sentence. Fow exmaple, you hear...

2、引导学习:

I live the peace and quiet.  peace.  And you say... Peace... p-e-a-c-e. Or you hear... Would you like a piece of my orange? Piece. And you say...  Piece... p-i-e-c-e.  OK? Let's begin.

3、练习:
  Would you like a piece of my  ornge? Piece.  Piece. p-i-e-c-e.
  The flight is four hours long.  Four. Four... f-o-u-r.
  He works for his father's    company. For. For...f-o-r.
  Let's go swimming in the sea.  Sea. See... s-e-a.
    I don't see any of my friends  here. See. See... s-e-e.
  She bought a blue hat. Blue.  Blue... b-l-u-e.
  Blew...b-l-e-w. The wind blew her hat away. Blew..  Blew...b-l-e-w.

End of Lesson Seven..
只看该作者 22 发表于: 2007-10-27
第十册第八课

一、基本词组:

1、短语:

I look back on
  I laugh at
  I pay attention to
  He listens to
  He talks about
  I look for 
  I wait for
  It's improtant to
  He talked about
  You should watch for
  I'd like to
  Please look at
  Tell me what you think about
    speak to
    type it over
  looked it up
  Throw it away

as he  talks about to Mike as

2、词组
preposition :to,at, for,with。
two-word verb: look  up" and "type  over”
direct-object pronoun  :it
type it over
  looked it up
Throw it away

3、提问回答的词组:

Did Chris show
Yes, she did.
What did Jeke say
  He said
  Mike talked about
  Did he talk about
He talking to Cheis about 
Did he talk to Chris about
He said
What did he say
Can I help you 
Would you please
It would help me
what you  think about
Are  you sure about
I think you'd 

what did you think
I thought
Did you think 
How did you like
was it marvelous or terrible
it was marvelous
  How was your

二、基本句子:

1、simple past  tence:

Did Chris show her interview    tape to Jake?  Yes, she did.
  What did Jeke say about the  interview?  He said it was interesting.

Yes. Chris showed her interview  tape to Jake.    Did Chris show her interview  tape to Jake?
  He said it was interview. What did he say about it? 
  Yes.  Mike talked about his interview. Did he talk about his interview?
  Mike said he lived his job.  What did Mike said he loved his job?
  He said he paid attention to details.  What did he say he paid attention to?
  Yes. He talking to Cheis about    the technical problems.Did he talk to Chris about the technical problems?
  He  said it was impotant  listen carefully.  What did he say it was impotant  to do?

2、 verbs with preposition:  talk to  , talk about;look at ,look for

I look back on those years.
      I laugh at those people.
      I pay attention to details.
    He listens to people.
    He talks to people.
    He talks about people.
    I look at photograghs.
    I look for things to film.
    I  wait for opportunities.

It's important to listen . people. ...  It's important to listen to people
  He talked ... his problems at work. ... He talked about his problems at work.
  Please don't laugh ...me.Please don't laugh at me.
  I pay attention ... setails.I pay attention to details.
  You should watch. .  . mistakes.  You should watch for mistakes.
  I look back. . . my childhood  with pleasure。    I look back on my childhood  with pleasure.

3、学习简单句子:

I'd like to speak to you.
    Please look at it.
    Tell me what you think about it.
    I'll type it over.
    You looked it up.
    Throw it away.

4、either  verb and preposition or  two-word verb. direct object 
    Correct  and incorrect to correctly

Please look at this paper.  Correct.   
    You should type over it.    You should type it over.
    Do you want to talk her to now?  Do you want to talk to her now?
  Throwaway it !    Throw it away !
  May I please speak to Professor  Wong?   
  Correct.   
    There's a mistake here. Cross out  it.    There's a mistake here. Cross it  out.   

5、 ask  opinion, either answer is correct because you're giving  your opinion:

Jake, what did you think of  my story?    Well, I thought it was  remarkable.

What did you think of the last movie you saw? Did you think it  was boring or impressive? 
I thought it was impressive.    I thought it was boring. 
How did you like the last party  you went to? In your opinion, was it marvelous or terrible?
  In my opinion, it was marvelous.    In my opinion, it was terrible.

How did you like the last party  you went to? In your opinion,  was it marvelous or terrible?
What do you think of Chris's  story about spring fever? Do you  think it's excellent or  embarrassing?
  How do you like murder  mysteries? In your opinion, are they interesting or silly?
  How do you like modem  furniture? In your opinion, is  most of it marvelous or awful?
  How was your last vacation? Did  you think it was fantastic or  boring?

And in my opinion, that's  enough for this lesson

三、场景学习--过去式提问问题及回答:

1、引导语:

This  is Lesson Einght. You're going  to practice asking  questions  using  the simple past  tence. First, lisen to these two  question and thire answers.

2、问答:

Did Chris show her interview tape to Jake?  Yes, she did.
  What did Jeke say about the  interview?  He said it was interesting.

3、引导语:

Now you're going to hear some  statements. Use each statements  to make either a Yes/ on  or a  WH-question using the simple  past tence. For example,you hear...

4、引导学习:

Yes. Chris showed her interview  tape to Jake.  And you say... Did Chris show her interview  tape to Jake? And you hear... He said it was interview. And you say... What did he say about it?  All right? Let's begin.

5、提问练习:

Yes. Chris showed her interview  tape ti Jake.  Did Chris shoe her interview  tape to Jake?
  He said it was interview.  What did he say about it?
    Yes. Mike talked about his interview. Did he talk about his interview?
  Mike said he lived his job.  What did Mike said he loved his job?
  He said he paid attention to details.  What did he say he paid attention to?
  Yes. He talking to Cheis about  the technical problems.Did he talk to Chris about the technical problems?
  He said it was impotant  listen carefully.  What did he say it was impotant  to do?

四、场景学习--麦克的工作经验:

1、引导语:

Now let's listen to Mike as he  talks about to Mike as he talks about his experices  working at WEFL.

2、情景:

I've been working at WEFL  fow many years now. I live my  job. When I look bach on  those years, I miss some of the people I used to work with. It  can get crazy hear sometimes,  but I don't pay any attention.  I just  laugh at people who take themselves too seriously.  It's important to listen to  people and what they have to  say. That's probably why I've  been  able to stay here so long.  I pay attention to details, and  I keep a sence of humor about  my job.

3、学习:

Now listen and repeat.

I look back on those years.
      I look banck on those years.
      I laugh at those people.
      I laugh at those people.

He listens to people.
    He listens to people.
    He talks about people.
    He talks about people.

I look at photograghs.
    I look at photographs.
    I look for  things to film.
    I look for things to film.
  I wait for opportunities.
    I  wait for opportunities.

4、引导语:

Notice how some verbs can be  used with more than one  preposition: for example, talk to  and talk about, look at and look for. Now you're going to hear  some sentences with a verb that  should be followed  by a preposition. When you hear the sentense, the proposition will be  missing. Repeat the sentence,  putting in the correct  proposition.  For example, you hear...

5、引导学习:

It's important to listen ... people. And you say...  It's important to listen to people..You hear...  He talked ... his problems at work. And you say... He talked about his problems at work. OK? Let's begin.

6、练习:

It's improtant to listen ... people. It's improtant to listen to people.
  He talked ... his problems at work.  He talked about his problems at work.
  Please don't laugh ...me.Please don't laugh at me.
  I pay attention ... setails.I pay attention to details.
    You should watch. .  . mistakes.  You should watch for mistakes.
    I look back. . . my childhood  with pleasure。    I look back on my childhood  with pleasure.

五、场景学习 --师生对话 :

1、引导语:
  Now listen as we hear two people a student and her teacher  discussing a report the student is  having trouble with.

2、情景:

Professor Wong, I'd like to speak  to you. Certainly, Julie. Can I help you  with something? Would you please look at this  paper I'm writing? It would help me if you would tell me what you  think about it before I type it  over. Sure, I'll look at it. Hmmm. Are  you sure about the information you have here? I looked it up in my books. It looks all wrong to me. I'm  sorry, but this paper will have to  be done again. I think you'd  better throw it away.

3、学习:

Now listen and repeat.

Please look at it.
    Please look at it.
    I'll type it over.
    I'll type it over.

You looked it up.
    You looked it up.
    Throw it away.
    Throw it away.

六、场景学习---双动词中间加方向词的表达方式判断正误:
sentence  that uses either a verb and a preposition or a two-word verb.

1、引导语:

Notice that when we use a verb    and a preposition, like look at  or speak to, we put the direct object  last. We say "look at it" and  "speak to Professor Wong."  When we use a two-word verb,  we put the direct-object pronoun  in the middle. We say "look it up" and "type it over." Now  you're going to hear a sentence  that uses either a verb and a preposition or a two-word verb.  If the sentence you hear is  correct, say "Correct." If it is incorrect, say the sentence  correctly. For example, you hear.. .

2、引导学习:

Please look at this paper.    And you say . . .  Correct.      You hear. . .    You should type over it.    And you say . . .  You should type it over.    OK? Let's begin.

3、练习:

Please look at this paper.  Correct.   
    You should type over it.    You should type it over.
    Do you want to talk her to now?  Do you want to talk to her now?
  Throwaway it !    Throw it away !
  May I please speak to Professor  Wong?    Correct.   
    There's a mistake here. Cross out  it.    There's a mistake here. Cross it  out.     

七、场景学习---询问对方看法:

1、引导语:

To end this lesson, listen to Chris and Jake as Chris asks Jake  for his opinion.

2、情景:

Jake, what did you think of  my story?    Well, I thought it was  remarkable.

3、引导学习:

When Jake gave his opinion, he  started by saying "I thought." Of course, he could also have  said.. .  In my opinion, it was remarkable.   

4、引导语:

Now you're going to give your opinion of different things. To help you improve your  vocabulary, the person who asks  you for your opinion will give  you two adjectives to choose  from. You choose one of the  two. For example, you hear . . .

5、引导学习:

What did you think of the last movie you saw? Did you think it  was boring or impressive?    And you say . . . I thought it was impressive.  Or you can say. . .  I thought it was boring.  You hear. . . How did you like the last party  you went to? In your opinion, was it marvelous or terrible?  And you say . . .    In my opinion, it was marvelous.  Or you can say. . .  In my opinion, it was terrible.

Remember, either answer is correct because you're giving  your opinion. OK, let's begin.

6、练习:

What did you think of the last  movie you saw? Did you think it  was boring or impressive?
  How did you like the last party  you went to? In your opinion,  was it marvelous or terrible?
    What do you think of Chris's  story about spring fever? Do you  think it's excellent or  embarrassing?
  How do you like murder  mysteries? In your opinion, are they interesting or silly?
  How do you like modem  furniture? In your opinion, is  most of it marvelous or awful?
  How was your last vacation? Did  you think it was fantastic or  boring?

And in my opinion, that's  enough for this lesson. This is the  end of Lesson Eight.
只看该作者 23 发表于: 2007-10-27
第十册复习三

一、基本词组:

1、so  adjective that 。。。

was so messy  that
was so interesting that

was so thirsty  that
was so fat  that
was so upset  that
was so silly  that
so sorry for Jack  that
so that

2、important  information ask and answer  questions

Where is located
What dates
What are prices
for what people
How much do pay for
What time do
On what days are
During what hours is
What days of the week is

二、基本句子:

1、so  adjective that 句式:

Mike was thirsty. He drank three  glasses of water.    Mike was so thirsty that he drank  three glasses of water.
  Jack was fat. He couldn't get  through the door.    Jack was so fat that he couldn't get through the door.
  Mary was upset. She knocked  over a chair.      Mary was so upset that she  knocked over a chair.
    The story was silly. I couldn't  help laughing at it.  The story was so silly that I couldn't help laughing at it.
    Jill felt sorry for Jack. She tried  to encourage him.  Jill felt so sorry for Jack that she  tried to encourage him.

2、听懂海报信息

Hello. This is the City Theater,  located at 315 Kennedy Avenue.  For one week only, from June  10th through June 16th, we will  be perfonning William  Shakespeare's Hamlet. Ticket  prices are $25, $20, and $15. A  limited number of tickets are  available at half price for  students on the day  of the  performance. Evening performances start at 8:00 P.M. Tuesday through Saturday.  Matinees begin at 3:00 P.M. on Wednesday and Saturday. The box office is open from 1 0:00  A.M. to 8:00 P.M. from Monday to Saturday. Thank you for calling the City Theater.

3、听懂信息记忆问答检验句子练习:

Question One.    Where is the City Theater  located?  At 315 Kennedy Avenue.
  Question Two.  What dates is William.  Shakespeare's Hamlet being  performed?From June 10th through June 16th.
  Question Three.  What are the ticket prices?  $25, $20, and $15.
  Question Four.    A limited number of tickets are available for what group of  people on the day of the  performance?    For students.
    Question Five.    How much do students have to  pay for their tickets on the day of  the performance?  Half price.
    Question Six.  What time do the evening  performances start from Tuesday  through Saturday?    At 8:00 P.M.
  Question Seven.    What time do the matinees start?  At 3:00 P.M.
  Question Eight.  On what days are matinee performances given?    On Wednesday and Saturday.
  Question Nine.    During what hours is the box  office open?  From 10:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M.
  Question Ten.  What days of the week is the box  office open?  Monday to Saturday.

三、场景学习--编辑室的故事:

1、引导语:

Review Three.  Listen to these sentences.

2、情景--编辑室:

The editing room was messy. Jake couldn't find his tape.    The editing room was so messy  that Jake couldn't find his tape.  Chris thought spring romance  was interesting. She did a story  about it.  Chris thought spring romance  was so interesting that she did a  story about it.

3、引导语---导致结果表达式复合句so。。。that。。。 

so adjective that  to  introduce a result clause,like so messy  that or so interesting that  :

Notice how we use so plus an adjective and that, like so messy  that or so interesting that, to  introduce a result clause. Now  you're going to hear two sentences. Add the second  sentence to the first one by  joining them with so plus an  adjective and that. For example,  you hear . . .

4、引导学习---that 连接两个简单句为复杂句:

Mike was thirsty. He drank three  glasses of water.    And you say. . .    Mike was so thirsty that he drank  three glasses of water.  Or you hear. . .    Jack was fat. He couldn't get  through the door.  And you say. . .  Jack was so fat that he couldn't  get through the door.  All right. Let's begin.

5、练习---复合句子:

Mike was thirsty. He drank three  glasses of water.    Mike was so thirsty that he drank  three glasses of water.
  Jack was fat. He couldn't get  through the door.    Jack was so fat that he couldn't get through the door.
  Mary was upset. She knocked  over a chair.      Mary was so upset that she  knocked over a chair.
    The story was silly. I couldn't  help laughing at it.  The story was so silly that I couldn't help laughing at it.
    Jill felt sorry for Jack. She tried  to encourage him.  Jill felt so sorry for Jack that she  tried to encourage him.

四、场景学习---听读戏院音乐会海报信息:

1、引导语--想象情景为阅读听戏院报纸:

Now imagine this situation. You  have read in the newspaper that Shakespeare's play, Hamlet, is  going to be presented at a theater in your city. When you call the  theater, you hear the following  recorded announcement. Listen.

2、情景---戏院海报一周演出信息:
    Hello. This is the City Theater,  located at 315 Kennedy Avenue.  For one week only, from June  10th through June 16th, we will  be perfonning William  Shakespeare's Hamlet. Ticket  prices are $25, $20, and $15. A  limited number of tickets are  available at half price for  students on the day  of the  performance. Evening performances start at 8:00 P.M. Tuesday through Saturday.  Matinees begin at 3:00 P.M. on Wednesday and Saturday. The box office is open from 1 0:00  A.M. to 8:00 P.M. from Monday to Saturday. Thank you for calling the City Theater.

3、引导语---记忆关键信息的方法:

Now take your pencil and a piece  of paper. You're going to hear  the same recorded  announcement, but this time  there will be a pause after each  group of words so that you can  write down some of what you  heard. Don't write every word,  just the important information.  All ready? Let's begin.

4、重复慢放情景信息:距离、日期、内容、价格、优惠、时间、类型

Hello. This is the City Theater, located at 315 Kennedy Avenue.  For one week only, from June    10th through June 16th,  we will be perfonning William  Shakespeare's Hamlet.  Ticket prices are $25, $20, and  $15.  A limited number of tickets are  available at half price for  students on the day of the  performance.  Evening performances start at  8:00 P.M. Tuesday through  Saturday.  Matinees begin at 3 :00 P.M. on  Wednesday and Saturday.  The box office is open from  10:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. from  Monday to Saturday. Thank you for calling the City  Theater.

5、引导语--回答问题信息:

Now use your paper to answer  these ten questions. Give short  answers. Ready? Let's begin.

6、信息记忆问答练习

Question One.    Where is the City Theater  located?  At 315 Kennedy Avenue.
  Question Two.  What dates is William.  Shakespeare's Hamlet being  performed?From June 10th through June 16th.
  Question Three.  What are the ticket prices?  $25, $20, and $15.
  Question Four.    A limited number of tickets are available for what group of  people on the day of the  performance?    For students.
    Question Five.    How much do students have to  pay for their tickets on the day of  the performance?  Half price.
    Question Six.  What time do the evening  performances start from Tuesday  through Saturday?    At 8:00 P.M.
  Question Seven.    What time do the matinees start?  At 3:00 P.M.
  Question Eight.  On what days are matinee performances given?    On Wednesday and Saturday.
  Question Nine.    During what hours is the box  office open?  From 10:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M.
  Question Ten.  What days of the week is the box  office open?  Monday to Saturday.

7、引导语---方法学习:

Now you're going to have a very  short dictation about concerts in Britain. Don't write anything.  Just listen.

You can listen to music all over Britain. Classical, folk, rock, and  jazz music can be heard  everywhere in the country.  Watch for special concert  announcements in the  newspapers.

Now take your pencil and a piece  of paper. You'll hear the  dictation again, but this time there will be a pause after each group of words. Write down  exactly what you hear. All ready?  Let's begin.

8、学习----连环压码、多重压码和压码多个句子、压码长句子听懂回想信息:
  You can listen to music  allover Britain.
  Classical, folk, rock, and jazz  music
  can be heard everywhere  in the country.
  Watch for special concert announcements  in the newspapers.

Now listen as the dictation is  read for the last time. Look at  your paper and correct any  mistakes you find. Ready? Listen.

You can listen to music all over  Britain. Classical, folk, rock, and  jazz music can be heard everywhere in the country.  Watch for special concert  announcements in the  newspapers.

9、引导语---简单回答问题:

Now use your paper to answer  the following questions. Give short answers. OK, let's begin.

10、信息记忆问答练习:

Question One.' Where can you listen to music?    All over Britain.
  Question Two.  What four types of music are  mentioned in this report?    Classical, folk, rock, and jazz.
  Question Three.  Where can these four types of  music be heard?  Everywhere in the country.
  Question Four.    Where should people watch for  special concert announcements?    In the newspapers.

This is the end of Review Three.
只看该作者 24 发表于: 2007-10-28
第十册第九课

一、基本词组
1、public opinion  polls:

percent
percent of the  people think
don't think that
agree with his way
disagree with
Only  ....say he'll 
about what

percentage of
shows that 
figure out
agree with  the idea that
don't think that
2、
Please type it up.
want you to
run them off.
have to
clean it up.
throw them away
Cross it
out right away.
  You should
type it over.
put them away.
  will fill it in.
  it will print it out.
3、
  fortnight.-two weeks.

flat --apartment
  cooker --stove
 fridge--.refrigerator.
  lift --elevator .
  ring up --call up   
   goodbye.-- cheerio!

二、基本句子:

1、支持率

Fifty-three percent of the  American people think the  President is doing a good job.
  Forty-seven percent think he's  doing a bad job.
  Forty-one percent agree with his way of dealing with the economy, and fifty-nine percent disagree with it.
  Only twelve percent say he'll improve education, and eighty-eight percent say he won't.

2、反对率

Seventy-five percent of the  people think he's doing a good  job.   
    Twr:n(y-fivc pcrr-cnl" of the  people think he's doing a bad  job.   
    Ninety-five percent of the people think he'll help the economy.
    Five percent of the people think he'll hurt the economy.
  Eighty percent of the people agree with his plan.
  Twenty percent disagree with his  plan.   
    Ten percent think he' ll  lose the next election.   
    Ninety percent think he'll win  the next election.   
  Thirty-five percent agree with  the idea that this country will soon have a war.   
    Sixty-five percent disagree with  the idea that this country will soon have a war.   
  One percent of the people think  that the U.S. will have a king in  the future.   
  Ninety-nine percent of the  people don't think that the U.S.  will have a king in the future.

3、 两动词之家加上指示代词用法的句子变换

Please type up this letter.    Please type it up.
  I want you to run the copies off.  I want you to run them off.
    You have to clean up this room.  You have to clean it up.
  You have to throw these papers away.    You have to throw them away.
  Please point out my mistakes to me.  Please point them out  to me.
  Cross the mistake out right away.  Cross it out right away.
  You should type this paper over.  You should type it over.
  Please put away your pencils,  Please put them away.
  The computer will fill in the  correct spelling.  The computer will fill it in.
  Then it will print out a page.    Then it will print it out.

4、 同音单词拼写句子

I love the peace and quiet of the  country. Peace.  Peace . . . p - e - a - c - e.
   May I have a piece of your cake?  Piece. Piece... p - i - e - c - e.
   Our team won the game. Won.    Won... w-o-n.
   We beat the other team by one point. One.  One... o-n-e.
   Why don't we meet for lunch? Meet.  Meet... m-e-e-t.
   Why don't we have meat for lunch? Meat.  Meat... m-e-a-t.
   Mrs. Velez wrote to her son. Son.  Son... s - 0 - n.
   The sun is very hot today. Sun. Sun... s-u-n.

5、美语与英语单词用法的区别:

I'll be staying in Stamford for a  fortnight. I'll be staying in Stamford for two weeks.
   I'm living in a flat near the park. F: I'm living in an apartment near the park.
   There's a small cooker in the kitchen.  There's a small stove in the kitchen.
   Right next to it is a large fridge.   Right next to it is a large refrigerator.
   There's no lift in my building.  There's no elevator in my building.
   I must ring up Susan before I go.   I must call up Susan before I go.

And now that you've finished this lesson, it's time to say goodbye. Or, as they say in Britain, cheerio!

三、场景学习--美国最近民意调查新闻报道:

1、引导语results of some recent public opinion  polls:

Welcome to Lesson Nine.  Listen to this news report. It's  going to tell you about the results of some recent public opinion  polls in the United States. Let's  listen.

2、情景---美国总统民意调查支持率节目:

Good evening. A recent  WEFL Stamford Gazette poll shows that  fifty-three percent of the  American people think the  President is doing a good job.  Forty-seven percent think he's  doing a bad job. Forty-one  percent agree with his way of  dealing with the economy and  fifty-nine percent disagree with  it. Only twelve percent say he'll  improve education, and eighty- eight percent say he won't.

3、压码学习:

Now listen and repeat.

fifty-three percent of the  American people

think the President is doing

a good job

Fifty-three percent of the American people think the President is doing a good job.

Fifty-three percent of the  American people think the  President is doing a good job.

forty-seven percent think he's  doing

a bad job

forty-one percent agree with his  way

of dealing with the economy

and fifty-nine percent

disagree with it

Forty-one percent agree with his way of dealing with the economy, and fifty-nine percent disagree with it.

Forty-one percent agree with his  way of dealing with the  economy, and fifty-nine percent  disagree with it.

only twelve percent say

he'll improve education

and eighty-eight percent say he won't

Only twelve percent say he'll improve education, and eighty-  eight percent say he won't.

Only twelve percent say he'll improve education, and eighty-eight percent say he won't.

四、场景学习---推论反对率:

1、引导语---从支持率理解反对率:

Now you're going to hear a  statement about what percent of  the public thinks a certain way.  You figure out the percentage of the public that feels the opposite  way and say it. For example, you  hear.. .   

2、引导学习:

Seventy-five percent of the  people think he's doing a good  job.  And you say. . .Twenty-five percent of the  people think he's doing a bad  job.  Or you hear. . . Ninety-five percent of the people  think he'll help the economy.  And you say. . .  Five percent of the people think  he'll hurt the economy.  All right? Let's begin.

3、练习:

Seventy-five percent of the  people think he's doing a good  job.   
    Twenty -five percent  of the  people think he's doing a bad  job.   
    Ninety-five percent of the people think he'll help the economy.
    Five percent of the people think he'll hurt the economy.
  Eighty percent of the people agree with his plan.
  Twenty percent disagree with his  plan.   
    Ten percent think he' ll  lose the next election.   
    Ninety percent think he'll win  the next election.   
  Thirty-five percent agree with  the idea that this country will soon have a war.   
    Sixty-five percent disagree with  the idea that this country will soon have a war.   
  One percent of the people think  that the U.S. will have a king in  the future.   
  Ninety-nine percent of the  people don't think that the U.S.  will have a king in the future.

五、场景学习---句子表达方式的变换:

1、引导语---两个动词之间加上指示代词的用法:

Now let's practice using some two-word verbs with direct- object pronouns. You're going to  hear a sentence using a noun as  an object pronoun, and you  repeat it using a pronoun in place of the noun. For example,

2、引导学习:

you hear . . .  Please type up this letter.  And you say. . .  Please type it up.  Or you hear. . .    I want you to run the copies off.    And you say. . .  I want you to run them off.  All right? Let's begin.

3、句子变换练习:

Please type up this letter.    Please type it up.
  I want you to run the copies off.  I want you to run them off.
    You have to clean up this room.  You have to clean it up.
  You have to throw these papers away.    You have to throw them away.
  Please point out my mistakes to me.  Please point them out  to me.
  Cross the mistake out right away.  Cross it out right away.
  You should type this paper over.  You should type it over.
  Please put away your pencils,  Please put them away.
  The computer will fill in the  correct spelling.  The computer will fill it in.
  Then it will print out a page.    Then it will print it out.

六、场景学习---同音不同词的用法:

1、引导语--homonyms:

Now let's practice some more homonyms. You will hear two  sentences. Each one contains a  homonym, like peace, spelled  p - e - a - c - e, and piece, spelled  p - i - e - c - e. After you hear  each sentence, say the homonym and spell it. For example, you  hear.. .

2、引导学习:

I love the peace and quiet of the country. Peace.  And you say . . . Peace . . . p - e - a - c - e. Or you hear. . .    May I have a piece of your cake?  Piece.  And you say. . .  Piece. . . p - i - e - c - e.  Ready? Let's begin.

3、同音单词拼写句子练习:

I love the peace and quiet of the  country. Peace.  Peace . . . p - e - a - c - e.
     May I have a piece of your cake?  Piece. Piece... p - i - e - c - e.
   Our team won the game. Won.    Won... w-o-n.
   We beat the other team by one point. One.  One... o-n-e.
   Why don't we meet for lunch? Meet.  Meet... m-e-e-t.
   Why don't we have meat for lunch? Meat.  Meat... m-e-a-t.
   Mrs. Velez wrote to her son. Son.  Son... s - 0 - n.
   The sun is very hot today. Sun. Sun... s-u-n.

七、场景学习--美语与英语单词用法的区别:

1、引导语:

Now, to end this lesson, let's see if you remember what words are used in the United States in place of certain British words. For example, you hear a sentence with a British word, like this. . .

2、引导学习:

I'll be staying in Stamford for a fortnight.And you say . . .I'll be staying in Stamford for  two weeks. Or you hear. . . I'm living in a flat near the park.  And you say . .  .I'm living in an apartment near  the park. All right, let's begin.

3、练习:

I'll be staying in Stamford for a  fortnight. I'll be staying in Stamford for two weeks.
   I'm living in a flat near the park. F: I'm living in an apartment near the park.
   There's a small cooker in the kitchen.  There's a small stove in the kitchen.
   Right next to it is a large fridge.   Right next to it is a large refrigerator.
   There's no lift in my building.  There's no elevator in my building.
   I must ring up Susan before I go.   I must call up Susan before I go.

And now that you've finished this lesson, it's time to say goodbye. Or, as they say in Britain, cheerio! And that's the end of Lesson Nine.
只看该作者 25 发表于: 2007-10-28
第十册第十课

一、基本词组:
1、
past tense of the verb break:
Broke.
To be broke
to be without money
worried about 。。。and that of 。。。
Look it over and tell me
what you think
It's that
When we say 。。。, we mean that 。。。
he or she doesn't have
They're arguing about who is 。。。
who have 。。and those who don't have 。。。.
Who's broke?
  Who isn't broke?
I can't
Can you

leave the tip
need it for
Why don't you ask
In fact

2、
trying to 
decides to 
find out 
what's going on.
handing out
These aren't
I think so too
I've  called up
handing out
will be asking
You'll be here, 
won't you
I'll be working

I probably
Will you be
  I'll be working
as late as
I  have to.
I'll be waiting
  Won't you be
No. I don't think so.
But I'll have
    I probably won't be
  Won't Detective Modine be
  He might, but I'll be 

3、
  Does Steven have
I don't know. Maybe 。。
  Are you working at
  Not today
But I'll be working at 
Is Raymond Modine asking
But he'll be asking
Are Rita and Terry
But they'll be
But she'll be 

4、Will you be coming in
      Will you be working
    Will you be interviewing
    Will you be seeing
    Will you be having lunch
    Will you be going
    Will you be studying

I probably won't be

二、基本句子:
1、Peter Case will be broke in a month.
2、Who's broke? Who isn't broke?

Does Steven have any money?. . .No, he doesn't. He's broke.
      Does Rita have any money. Yes, she does. She isn't broke.
      Does Chris have any money?
      I don't know. Maybe she's broke; maybe she isn't broke.

3、Raymond Modine will be asking a lot of questions.
      I'll be working at the Nature  Center tomorrow.

Are you working at the Nature  Center today?    Not today. But I'll be working at  the Nature Center  tomorrow.
  Is Raymond Modine asking a lot  of questions today?  Not today. But he'll be asking a  lot of questions tomorrow.
  Is Steven's secretary handing out a letter to everyone today?  Not today. But she'll be handing  out a letter to everyone tomorrow. 
  Is Mike talking to Detective Modine today?            Not today. But he'll be talking to  Detective Modine tomorrow.
  Are Rita and Terry going out for  lunch today?    Not today. But they'll be going out for lunch tomorrow.
  Are you coming to the office  today?      Not today. But I'll be coming to  the office tomorrow.
  Is Chris interviewing Terry today?    Not today. But she'll be  interviewing Terry tomorrow.

4、Will you be coming in early  tomorrow?  I probably won't be coming in at  all tomorrow.
  Will you be working late  tonight?  I probably won't be working at all tonight.
  Will you be interviewing Terry at two 0' clock on Tuesday?  I probably won't be interviewing Terry  at all on Tuesday.
  Will you be seeing James later  this evening?  I probably won't be seeing James at all this evening.
  Will you be having lunch early  this afternoon?  I probably won't be having lunch at all this afternoon.
  Will you be going to the studio at ten 0' clock tomorrow  morning?  I probably won't be going to the  studio at all tomorrow morning.
  Will you be studying English late Saturday night?  I probably won't be studying  English at all Saturday night.

三、场景学习---斯蒂文对电视台的担忧

1、引导语--- past tense of the verb break:
  Welcome to Lesson Ten. For this lesson, you'll need a pencil and a piece of paper.Steven is talking to Jake in his office. He's worried about the future of WEFL and that of the owner, Peter Case. Listen to the conversation. Listen in particular for the past tense of the verb break.

2、情景----电视台糟糕的情景:

Look it over and tell me what you think . . .  We're losing viewers. Our owner, Peter Case, will  be broke in a month, Jake.  Is the situation that bad?  It's that bad. Peter Case will have to sell the station.

3、学习break--- Broke.:

What is the past tense of break? That's right. Broke.

Now listen and repeat.

broke
Peter Case will be broke
Peter Case will be broke in a month.
Peter Case will be broke in a month.

四、场景学习---电视台人员吃晚饭后无钱付账的情景:

1、引导语To be broke means "to be without money." :

To be broke means "to be without money." When we say someone is broke, we mean that he or she doesn't have any money. Jake, Rita, and Mike have just finished lunch at a restaurant near the station. They're arguing about who is going to leave the tip for the waiter. Listen to the conversation. Take a piece of paper and a pencil and write a list of those who have some money and those who don't have any money. Who's broke? Who isn't broke? You will hear the dialogue twice.

2、情景对话---.Who's broke? Who isn't broke? :

Come on, Mike. It's your turn to leave the tip. Sorry, Rita. I can't leave a tip today. I only have four dollars. It's not enough. How about you, Jake?  OK, OK. I'll leave the tip. But I don't have any money. Can you give me ten dollars, Rita? I'll pay you back tomorrow.  Sorry, Jake. I only have five dollars,  and I need it for gas. Maybe Steven has some money he can give you. He's over there. Why don't you ask him?  No. Steven asked me for a dollar this morning for coffee. He doesn't have a penny. In fact, he also asked Terry for money, and we all know Terry's broke. Yeah. Terry spent all his money on Rita last night. Oh, you. . . be quiet. You guys are just jealous.

3、重复:
  Now listen to the conversation  again to check your list.

Come on, Mike. It's your turn  to leave the tip. Sorry, Rita. I can't leave a tip today. I only have four dollars. It's not enough. How about you, Jake?  OK, OK. I'll leave the tip. But I don't have any money. Can you give me ten dollars, Rita? I'll pay you back tomorrow.  Sorry, Jake. I only have five dollars,  and I need it for gas. Maybe Steven has some money he can give you. He's over there. Why don't you ask him?  No. Steven asked me for a dollar this morning for coffee. He doesn't have a penny.    In fact, he also asked Terry for money, and we all know Terry's broke. Yeah. Terry spent all his money on Rita last night. Oh, you. . . be quiet. You  guys are just jealous.

4、引导学习:

OK. Now you hear. . . Does Steven have any money?  And you say. . .No, he doesn't. He's broke. You hear. . . Does Rita have any money.And you say. . .Yes, she does. She isn't broke.You hear. . . Does Chris have any money? And you say. . . I don't know. Maybe she's broke; maybe she isn't broke. OK? Here we go.

5、练习信息理解记忆who  have any money or  broke:

Does Steven have any money?  No, he doesn't. He's broke.
  Does Rita have any money?    Yes, she does. She isn't broke.
  Does Chris have any money?  I don't know. Maybe she's broke; maybe she isn't broke.
  Does Mike have any money?  Yes, he does. He isn't broke.
  Does Jake have any money?  No, he doesn't. He's broke.
  Does Terry have any money?  No, he doesn't. He's broke.
  Does Roger have any money?  I don't know. Maybe he's broke;  maybe he isn't broke.

五、场景学习---侦探摩登:

1、引导语--斯蒂文与杰克关于摩登的对话:
            Someone is deliberately trying to  hurt WEFL. Steven decides to  hire a detective to find out  what's going on. Listen to the  conversation between Steven  and Jake. Listen carefully for the detective's name.

2、情景:

Technical difficulties !  These aren't technical difficulties. Someone is  deliberately trying to hurt us. I think so too, Jake. I've  called up a detective.  His name is Raymond Modine and he'll be coming    in  tomorrow. My secretary will be handing out a letter to  everyone at the station, explaining the situation.  Is that a good idea?  Raymond Modine will be asking a lot of questions tomorrow.    You'll be here,  won't you?  I'll be working at the  Nature Center in the morning.

3、学习:

OK. What's the detective's  name?  Raymond Modine.

Now listen and repeat.

a lot of questions
  Raymond Modine will be asking  a lot of questions.
  Raymond Modine will be asking a lot of questions.

at the Nature Center
  I'll be working at the Nature  Center

4、引导学习:

:  Now you hear. .  Are you working at the Nature  Center today?  And you say. . .  Not today. But I'll be working at  the Nature Center tomorrow.  You hear. . .    Is Raymond Modine asking a lot of questions today?  And you say. . .  Not today. But he'll be asking a  lot of questions tomorrow.  Ready?  Let's go.

5、练习Are you 、is he、is she提问和  Not today. But I'll be 回答计划的句子:

Are you working at the Nature  Center today?    Not today. But I'll be working at  the Nature Center  tomorrow.
  Is Raymond Modine asking a lot  of questions today?  Not today. But he'll be asking a  lot of questions tomorrow.
  Is Steven's secretary handing out a letter to everyone today?  Not today. But she'll be handing  out a letter to everyone tomorrow. 
  Is Mike talking to Detective Modine today?            Not today. But he'll be talking to  Detective Modine tomorrow.
  Are Rita and Terry going out for  lunch today?    Not today. But they'll be going out for lunch tomorrow.
  Are you coming to the office  today?      Not today. But I'll be coming to  the office tomorrow.
  Is Chris interviewing Terry today?    Not today. But she'll be  interviewing Terry tomorrow.

六、场景学习---提问和告诉计划:

1、引导语---Who will be :

Good. Jake and Chris are  talking. Chris is planning her  interviews with Steven and Peter Case. Listen to the conversation.  Who will be looking for Jake  tomorrow? 

2、情景---计划 Will you be 、won't be :

Will you be working late?  I'll be working as late as I  have to. And I'll be waiting  for you.    Why?    Won't you be staying late  tonight? No. I don't think so.  But I'll have a lot of  interviews for you to        see. Will you be coming in early tomorrow?    I probably won't be coming  in at all tomorrow.  Won't Detective Modine be  looking for you?  He might, but I'll be  interviewing someone at the Nature Center.

3、压码学习:

Who will be looking for Jake  tomorrow?  Detective Modine.

Now listen and repeat.

early tomorrow
  Will you be coming in early  tomorrow?
  Will you be coming in early  tomorrow?

I won't be coming in
  I probably won't be coming in
  I probably won't be coming in at  all
  I probably won't be coming in at  all tomorrow.
  I probably won't be coming in at  all tomorrow.

4、引导学习:

Now you hear. . .  Will you be coming in early  tomorrow?  And you say. . .  I probably won't be coming in at  all tomorrow.  You hear. . .  Will you be working late tonight?  And you say. . I probably won't be working at  all tonight.  OK? Let's begin.

5、练习 Will you be 提问和I probably won't be 计划的句子:

Will you be coming in early  tomorrow?  I probably won't be coming in at  all tomorrow.
  Will you be working late  tonight?  I probably won't be working at all tonight.
  Will you be interviewing Terry at two 0' clock on Tuesday?  I probably won't be interviewing Terry  at all on Tuesday.
  Will you be seeing James later  this evening?  I probably won't be seeing James at all this evening.
  Will you be having lunch early  this afternoon?  I probably won't be having lunch at all this afternoon.
  Will you be going to the studio at ten 0' clock tomorrow  morning?  I probably won't be going to the  studio at all tomorrow morning.
  Will you be studying English late Saturday night?  I probably won't be studying  English at all Saturday night.

OK. That's all. This is the end of  Lesson Ten.
只看该作者 26 发表于: 2007-10-28
第十册第十一课

一、基本词组:
What were you ... while I  was
When I was..., I wanted to 
But I still don't  know what ...with ...
How old was ... when  ...

I was looking for
while I was looking for
what were you doing
I look for

You do
  What were you doing while I was   
  You think
  I talk to
  What were you thinking
  while I  was talking to
  They look for .
  What were they looking for
  while you were
    What were you singing
    They talk about.
    What were they talking about 
  while they were
  You wonder.
  What were you wondering
  while  we were interviewing
  You dream about. .
    What were you dreaming about 
    while you were sleeping

Do  you know what
Did you know that ...was ...
  You don't know what
  I think.   
  Why don't you
  If you asked for
  they'd think you
  isn't it
I think
I say,
have you got 
I've got
I mean, do you know what
  Who says
How do ...say ...
Have you got where ...

Have you got any
  Do you have any
  Do you have
  Have you got

You'll need to
You'll need it for
I know how  to ...in
How did you get on
Have you got
Please don't
I haven't got any ....
And  I'm not going on ...
because I haven't got
I haven't got any .. either.

A barrister 。。。 sort of lawyer
train station . . . Railway station. 

Parcel. ---Package.
  Mail a package.---Post a parcel.
Mailbox.---Letter box
holiday ---vacation

二、基本句子:
  What were you doing while I was  looking for the love of my life?

You do  . . . I look for the love of my  life.        What were you doing while I was looking for the love of my  life?
    You think. . . I talk to Mike.  What were you thinking while I  was talking to Mike?
    They look for . . . you watch the  tape.  What were they looking for while you were watching the      tape?   
  You sing. . . you work.    What were you singing while you  were working?   
  They talk about. . . they eat  lunch.      What were they talking about  while they were eating lunch?
  You wonder. . . we interview  James Morgan.      What were you wondering while  we were interviewing James Morgan?   
  You dream about. . . you sleep.    What were you dreaming about  while you were sleeping?

Have you got any change?    Do you have any change?
  Do you have a cigarette?    Have you got a cigarette?
    Do you have a light?  Have you got a light?
  Have you got any pets?  Do you have any pets?
  Have you got a minute?    Do you have a minute?
  Do you have a kiss for me?    Have you got a kiss for me?

Post a small parcel in a letter box.   
  package mail a small package in a mailbox
  Mail a small package in a mailbox.
  go on holiday   
  go on vacation 

三、场景学习---瑞塔想嫁给英国人但是嫁给了美国人:

1、引导语----how old Rita was when she  wanted to marry an Englishman:

Welcome to Lesson Eleven.  Rita and Terry are having a  picnic. Listen to the  conversation. Listen carefully for how old Rita was when she  wanted to marry an Englishman.

2、情景----瑞塔不知道她退休后的爱情生活怎么过:

What were you doing while I  was looking for the love of  my life?  I was looking for you, of  course.  When I was ten, I wanted to  marry a handsome  Englishman.  And how about now?    Now I love a handsome American. But I still don't  know what I'm going to do  with the rest of my life.

3、压码学习---  What were you doing while。。。句式:

Well? How old was Rita when  she wanted to marry a handsome  Englishman ? Ten.

Now listen and repeat.

the love of my life
      I was looking for the love of my  life   
      while I was looking for the love  of my life
      what were you doing

4、引导学习----合并复合句:

I say, "You do. . . I look for the  love of my life." And you say. . .  What were you doing while I was  looking for the love of my life?  I say, "You think. . . I talk to  Mike." And you say. . .  What were you thinking while I  was talking to Mike?  All right. Here we go.

5、练习----完型填空完成复合句:
  You do  . . . I look for the love of my  life.        What were you doing while I was looking for the love of my  life?
    You think. . . I talk to Mike.  What were you thinking while I  was talking to Mike?
    They look for . . . you watch the  tape.  What were they looking for while you were watching the      tape?   
  You sing. . . you work.    What were you singing while you  were working?   
  They talk about. . . they eat  lunch.      What were they talking about  while they were eating lunch?
  You wonder. . . we interview  James Morgan.      What were you wondering while  we were interviewing James Morgan?   
  You dream about. . . you sleep.    What were you dreaming about  while you were sleeping?

Parcel.  Package. Mail a package. Post a parcel.
    Mailbox. Letter box.  Mail a package in a mailbox.  Post a parcel in a letter box.
    I'm not going on vacation. I'm not going on holiday.

四、场景学习-----英美英语单词用法的差异:

1、引导语----英国人说法Do  you know what 。。。:

Good. Now listen to the conversation between Jake and  James Morgan. Listen for how  the British sometimes say "Do  you know what time it is?"

2、情景----英国与美国同样语言的用法区别:

Did you know that Terry's  grandfather was a barrister in London?      Oh, what's a barrister?  You don't know what a  barrister is, Jake?  A barrister is a sort of lawyer,  I think.  Oh, that's right.  Why don't you make life a lot easier and just say  "lawyer"? We do sometimes.  And this business about a "single" for a one-way ticket.  Very tricky. If you asked for a  "single" at a train station . . . Railway station, Jake.  OK. At a railway station. If  you ask for a "single" here,  they'd think you wanted a  room in a hotel.  A bit confusing, isn't it? Oh,  I think I'm late for the  broadcast. I say, have you got  the time?      Huh? I've got plenty of time.  Oh, sorry. I mean, do you know what time it is?  Who says we speak the same  language?   

3、学习----Do you know  what 。。与  Have you got 。。。句式:

OK. How do the British  sometimes say "Do you know  what time it is?"
  Have you got the time?
  In general, the British use the  form Have you got where the
  Americans use Do you have.  Listen. 

Have you got any change?  And.. .      Do you have any change?
  These two questions mean the  same thing.

Listen and repeat.

Have you got any change?
  Have you got any change?

Do you have any change?
  Do you have any change?

4、引导学习---两种表达式:

Let's practice these two forms.  You hear. . .  Have you got any change?  And you say . . .    Do you have any change?  You hear. . .  Do you have a cigarette?  And you say . . .  Have you got a cigarette?  OK? Let's begin.

5、练习 Have you got 与  Do you have:

Have you got any change?    Do you have any change?
  Do you have a cigarette?    Have you got a cigarette?
    Do you have a light?  Have you got a light?
  Have you got any pets?  Do you have any pets?
  Have you got a minute?    Do you have a minute?
  Do you have a kiss for me?    Have you got a kiss for me?

五、场景学习-----英美单词用法:

1、引导语:
  Now listen to Chris as she  watches one of James Morgan's  tapes. Listen for how the British  say "mailbox."

2、情景---英美差异:

You'll need to post a small  parcel in the letter box.  Have you got any change?  You'll need it for stamps. . .  James Morgan! I know how  to mail a package in a  mailbox. How did you get on  my shelf? . . .    Have you got any pets?  Please don't bring them.  I haven't got any pets. And  I'm not going on holiday  because I haven't got any  money. I haven't got any time either.

3、学习:

Well? How do the British say  "mailbox"?  Letter box.

OK. Now listen and repeat.

parcel    post a small parcel
  in a letter box

package mail a small package in a mailbox

go on holiday    go on holiday
  go on vacation  go on vacation

4、引导学习--- Parcel--Package:

Now you hear. .. Parcel.  And you say. . . Package. You hear.. Mail a package. And you say. . .Post a parcel. All right. Let's go.

5、练习----美语语英语句子表达式:

Parcel.  Package. Mail a package. Post a parcel.
    Mailbox. Letter box.  Mail a package in a mailbox.  Post a parcel in a letter box.
    I'm not going on vacation. I'm not going on holiday.

That's all for now. And that's the end of Lesson Eleven.
只看该作者 27 发表于: 2007-10-29
第十册复习四

一、基本词组:
filling out
reading articles about
are wondering if
can be included as
if the expenses for
to think about while
while you listen.

will be repeated
in between for you to
Can payments to
to baby-sitters be
to relatives be
Will Peter need
Are Steven and Anne
What is the deadline for
you'll need to
It says here that
Can payments to ...
things like ...even payments to ...who take
I would think so
He sure is
Are you planning to
Remember that
must have
The main reason for
it seems
Can you imagine if
What will people think
It says here that
expected to ask for
I don't know.
I'd better talk  to
let's see if
Yes, they can.
No, he won't.
Yes, he will.
No, they aren't.
To prevent
What is the deadline

he'd  better talk to
Won't you
will see  you
won't be long.
in a bit  of a hurry
It'll only be
Won't you have ...while  you wait
How many .. does  ... have
    Won't you
    Won't you have
    Won't you help
    Won't you hurry up
    Won't you be
    Won't you leave
    Won't you be

二、基本句子:
1、
It says here that child-care expenses can be deducted. . . things like payments to baby-sitters,    daycare centers, even payments to relatives who take care of a child. Well, that's good news.But can little Peter be included as a dependent?  I would think so. I mean, he is a dependent, isn't he?  Yeah. He sure is. Wait a minute. Listen to this: "Children Now Need Social Security Numbers. Are you planning to include children as dependents on your tax return this year?" Yeah. That's us. "Remember that each child  over five must have a Social Security number." That isn't us. Peter's not even six months old. The main reason for this requirement, it seems, is to prevent two divorced parents from listing the same child as a dependent.  Can you imagine if we were divorced and each of us  listed Peter as a dependent? What will people think of next !  It says here that thousands of people are expected to ask for Social Security numbers for their children  in the week before April 15, the deadline for sending in tax returns.  But what about Peter? Can  we list him as a dependent?  I don't know. I'd better talk  to an accountant.

Can payments to baby-sitters be deducted?  Yes, they can.
  Can payments to relatives be deducted? Yes, they can.
. Will Peter need a Social Security number this year? No, he won't.
  Will Peter need a Social Security number in five years? Yes, he will.
    Are Steven and Anne divorced?  No, they aren't.
    Why do children need a Social Security number?    To prevent divorced parents  from listing the same child as a dependent.
  What is the deadline for sending in tax returns?  April 15.

2、
  Won't you sit down,  Mr  ?    Winn. Steven Winn.  W - i - n - n. I have  an appointment. Ah, yes. Of course.  Won't you sit down,  Mr. Winn? The accountant will see  you in a minute.  She's busy right now.  She won't be long.  Thanks. I'm in a bit  of a hurry. I have  only a few questions and.. .  It'll only be a minute,  Mr. Winn. This is  our busy season.  Won't you have a  cup of coffee while  you wait?  Yes, I will. Thanks.

Won't you have a cup of coffee? 
  Sit down !    Won't you sit down? 
    Have a cup of coffee ! Won't you have a cup of coffee? 
    Help yourself !  Won't you help yourself?
    Hurry up ! Won't you hurry up? 
    Be a little patient ! Won't you be a little patient? 
    Leave me alone !  Won't you leave me alone? 
    Be nice to me ! Won't you be nice to me?

三、场景学习:

1、引导语:
    Review Four. For this lesson,you'll need a pencil and a piece of paper.
    Steven is filling out his income tax return.  He's reading articles about the new tax laws.  He and Anne are wondering if little Peter can be included as a dependent,  and if the expenses for Peter's care can be deducted. Here are some questions for you to think about while you listen.
    Take a piece of paper and a pencil and write each question down. Each question will be repeated twice with a pause in between for you to write. Ready?

2、提问问题:
    Question One.  Can payments to baby-sitters be deducted?  Can payments to baby-sitters be deducted?
    Question Two.  Can payments to relatives be deducted?Can payments to relatives be deducted?
    Question Three. Will Peter need a Social Security number this year? Will Peter need a Social Security  number this year?
    Question Four.  Will Peter need a Social Security number in five years? Will Peter need a Social Security  number in five years?
    Question Five.  Are Steven and Anne divorced?  Are Steven and Anne divorced?
    Question Six.    Why do children need a Social Security number?  Why do children need a Social  Security number?
    Question Seven.    What is the deadline for sending in tax returns?  What is the deadline for sending in tax returns?

3、引导语:

Now listen carefully to the conversation and write down the important information you'll need to answer the questions.

4、情景:
    It says here that child-care expenses can be deducted. . . things like payments to baby-sitters,    daycare centers, even payments to relatives who take care of a child.
Well, that's good news.But can little Peter be included as a dependent?  I would think so. I mean, he is a dependent, isn't he?
Yeah. He sure is. Wait a minute. Listen to this: "Children Now Need Social Security Numbers. Are you planning to include children as dependents on your tax return this year?"
Yeah. That's us.
"Remember that each child  over five must have a Social Security number."
That isn't us. Peter's not even six months old.
The main reason for this requirement, it seems, is to prevent two divorced parents from listing the same child as a dependent. 
Can you imagine if we were divorced and each of us  listed Peter as a dependent? What will people think of next !
It says here that thousands of people are expected to ask for Social Security numbers for their children  in the week before April 15, the deadline for sending in tax returns.
But what about Peter? Can  we list him as a dependent?
I don't know. I'd better talk  to an accountant.

5、引导语:

Now let's see if you can answer the questions. Give short answers. Ready? Here we go.

6、回答问题信息:

Question One.  Can payments to baby-sitters be  deducted? Yes, they can.
    Question Two.  Can payments to relatives be  deducted?  Yes, they can.
    Question Three.  Will Peter need a Social Security number this year? No, he won't.
    Question Four.  Will Peter need a Social Security  number in five years? Yes, he will.
    Question Five.  Are Steven and Anne divorced? No, they aren't.
    Question Six.    Why do children need a Social Security number?  To prevent divorced parents  from listing the same child as a dependent.
    Question Seven.  What is the deadline for sending in tax returns? April 15.

四、情景学习:
    1、引导语:
  Steven has some questions about  his tax returns. He decides he'd  better talk to an accountant. At  the accountant's office,  a receptionist  invites  him to sit  down.  Listen for how many questions Steven has.

2、情境:

Won't you sit down,  Mr  ?    Winn. Steven Winn.  W - i - n - n. I have  an appointment. Ah, yes. Of course.  Won't you sit down,  Mr. Winn? The accountant will see  you in a minute.  She's busy right now.  She won't be long.  Thanks. I'm in a bit  of a hurry. I have  only a few questions and.. .  It'll only be a minute,  Mr. Winn. This is  our busy season.  Won't you have a  cup of coffee while  you wait?  Yes, I will. Thanks.

3、学习:

OK. How many questions does  Steven have for the accountant?  Only a few.

Now listen and repeat.

sit down   

Won't you sit down?

Won't you sit down?

have a cup of coffee

4、引导学习:

"Won't you sit down" is a very  polite way of asking someone to sit down. Let's practice this expression. You hear. . .  Sit down !      And you say . . .  Won't you sit down?  You hear. . .  Have a cup of coffee !    And you say. . .  Won't you have a cup of coffee?  OK? Here we go.

5、练习:

Sit down !    Won't you sit down? 
    Have a cup of coffee ! Won't you have a cup of coffee? 
    Help yourself !  Won't you help yourself?
    Hurry up ! Won't you hurry up? 
    Be a little patient ! Won't you be a little patient? 
    Leave me alone !  Won't you leave me alone? 
    Be nice to me ! Won't you be nice to me?

This is the end of Review Four.

只看该作者 28 发表于: 2007-10-29
第十册 第十二课练习

一、基本词组:
person who's been
wondering what
She knows
What was I doing when 
I'm not sure what
I was  doing when
I  know what
I was doing when 
I was talking to
But what was
He wasn't watching
While everyone was  ...,
I  went out to see if ...
I could find  ...
wandering  around ,,,
. I just saw ....
I'm sure he'll be telling ...
what he  was doing.
  I wonder what ...
There's something here that ... . .
Something's  bothering me.

What did Terry do while  ...
He went out to see if ...
While ...., I went out.
When I went out
everyone was  watching

When ... I was talking to ....While I was... Rita's  tape...
  When I saw ... I was  wandering ... While I was wandering ..., I saw ...
  When he heard ..., he was  thinking ... While he was thinking ..., he heard ....
    When she remembered ..., she was checking....While she was ..., she remembered ....
  When the lights went out ..., I was waiting for ....While I was waiting ..., the lights went  out ...
  When they landed ..,  I was living in ....While I was living in ..., they  landed ....

talking to Mike about
  what's going on
  Listen carefully for what ...

I wish
we could find out
what's going on
  don't you,
I mean, it's  ..
  Was I really that...
  I'm so embarrassed.
  I feel just  terrible.
    Oh, come on.
    I was just  kidding.
  Actually,
  you were
  Better than ...you see ..
  I've got to go to
  Why don't you ...
  It'll take your mind off ...
    Exactly when will you be  ...
  I'll be  picking up ..
  then I'll be coming ... 
  Exactly when will you be ..
  No later than two,
  I promise  . . .
  It'll do you ..
  Won't you be
  I'd like to see ..while  I'm ...
What will Mike be ...
  when will you be ..
  Exactly when will ..

I've got to go to ...
  Exactly when will you be ...
  I've got to .. . .  Exactly when will you be
coming  back

I've got to -- Exactly when will you be ...
  come back-- coming back
    pick up ---picking up
    talk to --- talking to
    take my vacation--- taking  your vacation
    take singing lessons--takin singing lessons
  got to end--be  ending

The exercise is .., but we will be ...
  talking to ... about
  What time ...

So, you're off to ...  Will you be ..
  No, I won't.
    Rita will be .. She's  upset
    about  what happened ...
  I  thought
    We won't be
    enough to
    pick up
    Just to
    Won't you be
  taking her out to
    Rita  mentioned that
    she'd like  to go to...
  I'll be expecting you

going alone   
  Will you be
  No, I won't.   
  taking her out
  Won't you be
  Yes, I will. 

The difference between
  affirmative questions
  for  example. . . 
  Will you be going
  negative questions,
  Won't you be taking her 
  Is that for
  expects a positive  response
"Yes, I will."
For affirmative questions
doesn't have ...what to  expect.
  Will you be going alone
  give the negative response . . .
  No, I won't. 
    Won't you be taking
  give the positive  response .
  Yes, I will. 

二、基本句子:
  When I went out, everyone was  watching the monitor.
    While everyone was watching  the monitor, I went out.
  When Rita's tape came on the  air, I was talking to her.
  While I was talking to her, Rita's  tape came on the air.
    When I saw Jake, I was  wandering around the station.
  While I was wandering around the station, I saw Jake.
  When he heard her sing, he was  thinking about Rita.
  While he was thinking about  Rita, he heard her sing.
  When she remembered the glove, she was checking the tape.
    While she was checking the tape, she remembered the glove.
  When the lights went out in New York, I was waiting for a subway at Times Square.
  While I was waiting for a subway  at Times Square, the lights went  out in New York.
  When they landed on the moon,  I was living in Rome.
    While I was living in Rome, they  landed on the moon.

I've got to go to New York.  Exactly when will you be going?
  I've got to come back.    Exactly when will you be coming
  back?
  I've got to pick up the tapes.    Exactly when will you be picking up the tapes?
    I've got to talk to Steven.  Exactly when will you be talking to Steven?
    I've got to take my vacation.  Exactly when will you be taking  your vacation?
  I've got to take singing lessons.  Exactly when will you be taking  singing lessons?
    This exercise has got to end.  Exactly when will this exercise be  ending?

Will you be going alone? No, I won't.
    Won't you be taking her out to  lunch? Yes, I will.
    Will they be staying in New  York overnight?  No, they won't.
    Won't he be needing them in  the studio tomorrow?  Yes, he will.
    Won't she be going out with  Terry tonight?  Yes, she will.
    Will he be waiting for her at the  station with flowers?  No, he won't.
    Will we be ending this lesson  later this evening? No, we won't.

三、场景学习:

1、引导语:
    Welcome to Lesson Twelve. Chris  is watching the tape of her  interview with Terry. She thinks  that Terry might be the person who's been making all the trouble  at WEFL. She's wondering what Terry was doing after the tapes  came on. She knows he wasn't  watching the monitor. Listen for  what Terry did while everyone  was watching the monitor.

2、情景:

What was I doing when  Rita's travel tape came on?  I'm not sure what I was  doing when it happened. I  know what I was doing when  Rita's singing lesson came on  the air. I was talking to her  in the studio.
  But what was Terry doing after the tapes came on? He wasn't watching the  monitor. He wasn't working  in the editing room. . .  Let's see the interview again.
    While everyone was  watching the monitor, I  went out to see if I could find  anybody strange wandering  around the station. I just saw  Jake. I'm sure he'll be telling  Detective Modine what he  was doing.
  I wonder what that means.  There's something here that  I'm missing. . . Something's  bothering me.

3、学习:

OK. What did Terry do while  everyone was watching the monitor?  He went out to see if he could  find anybody strange wandering around the station.

Now listen and repeat.

the monitor

everyone was watching the monitor

while everyone was watching the monitor

I went out

4、引导学习:
    Now you hear. . .  When I went out, everyone was  watching the monitor.    And you say. . .    While everyone was watching  the monitor, I went out.    You hear. . .    When Rita's tape came on the air, I was talking to her.    And you say . . .  While I was talking to her, Rita's  tape came on the air.  Ready? Let's go.

5、练习:

When I went out, everyone was  watching the monitor.
  When Rita's tape came on the  air, I was talking to her.
  While I was talking to her, Rita's  tape came on the air.
    When I saw Jake, I was  wandering around the station.
  While I was wandering around the station, I saw Jake.
  When he heard her sing, he was  thinking about Rita.
  While he was thinking about  Rita, he heard her sing.
  When she remembered the glove, she was checking the tape.
    While she was checking the tape, she remembered the glove.
  When the lights went out in  New York, I was waiting for a subway at Times Square.
  While I was waiting for a subway  at Times Square, the lights went  out in New York.
  When they landed on the moon,  I was living in Rome.
    While I was living in Rome, they  landed on the moon.

四、场景学习:

1、引导语:

Rita's talking to Mike about  what's going on at WEFL, the  strange trouble with the tapes.  Listen to their conversation. Listen carefully for what Mike  will be picking up in New York.

2、情景:

I wish we could find out  what's going on around here,  don't you, Mike? I mean, it's  really awful.
  What? Your singing lesson on  the air?  Yeah. Was I really that bad?  I'm so embarrassed. I feel just  terrible.  Oh, come on. I was just  kidding. Actually, you were  pretty good. Better than a lot  of stuff you see on TV. Listen,  I've got to go to New York.  Why don't you come with  me? It'll take your mind off  things.    Exactly when will you be  going?  At about eleven. I'll be  picking up some new tapes,  and then I'll be coming right  back.  Exactly when will you be coming back, Mike?    No later than two, I promise  . . . Come on, Rita. It'll do  you good.  No later than two, huh?  Won't you be staying longer?  I'd like to see a movie while  I'm there.    OK. OK. Let's go.

3、学习:

OK. What will Mike be picking  up in New York?  Some new tapes.

Now listen and repeat.

when will you be going
  Exactly when will you be going?
  Exactly when will you be going?
  when will you be coming back
  Exactly when will you be coming  back?
  Exactly when will you be coming  back?

4、引导学习:

Now you hear. . .  I've got to go to New York.  And you say . . .  Exactly when will you be going?    You hear. . .  I've got to come back.  And you say . . .  Exactly when will you be coming  back?  All right. Here we go.

5、练习:

I've got to go to New York.  Exactly when will you be going?
  I've got to come back.    Exactly when will you be coming
  back?
  I've got to pick up the tapes.    Exactly when will you be picking up the tapes?
    I've got to talk to Steven.  Exactly when will you be talking to Steven?
    I've got to take my vacation.  Exactly when will you be taking  your vacation?
  I've got to take singing lessons.  Exactly when will you be taking  singing lessons?
    This exercise has got to end.  Exactly when will this exercise be  ending?

五、场景学习:

1、引导语:

The exercise is ending right now, but we will be continuing  the lesson. Mike is talking to  Steven about going to New  York. What time does Steven  expect Mike to be back in Stamford? Listen.

2、情景:

So, you're off to New York.  Will you be going alone?    No, I won't. Rita will be coming with me. She's  upset about what happened  the other night, and I  thought she needed to get away. We won't be staying  long. Just long enough to pick up the tapes and. . .  Just to pick up the tapes?  Come on, Mike. Won't you be taking her out to lunch  or something? Well, yes, I will. And Rita  mentioned that she'd like  to go to a movie. Good! I'll be expecting you  two back in Stamford no  earlier than eight 0' clock.

3、学习:

OK. Does Steven expect Mike  and Rita to be back in Stamford  in the afternoon or the evening?  In the evening.

Now listen and repeat.

going alone   
  Will you be going alone?
  Will you be going alone?

No, I won't.   
  No, I won't.   

taking her out to lunch
  Won't you be taking her out to  lunch?   
  Won't you be taking her out to lunch?   

Yes, I will.    Yes, I will.

4、引导学习:

The difference between affirmative questions, for  example. . .      Will you be going alone?  And negative questions, for  example. . .      Won't you be taking her out to lunch?   
  Is that for negative questions,  the speaker expects a positive  response: "Yes, I will." For affirmative questions, the speaker  doesn't have any idea what to  expect. Let's practice these  responses. You hear. . .
  Will you be going alone?  And you give the negative response . . .      No, I won't.      You hear. . .    Won't you be taking her out to  lunch?    And you give the positive  response . Yes, I will.  All right. Let's begin.

5、练习:

Will you be going alone? No, I won't.
    Won't you be taking her out to  lunch? Yes, I will.
    Will they be staying in New  York overnight?  No, they won't.
    Won't he be needing them in  the studio tomorrow?  Yes, he will.
    Won't she be going out with  Terry tonight?  Yes, she will.
    Will he be waiting for her at the  station with flowers?  No, he won't.
    Will we be ending this lesson  later this evening? No, we won't.

In fact, the lesson ends right now. This is the end of Lesson Twelve.

只看该作者 29 发表于: 2007-11-02
正在辅导整理的压码听懂学习内容,移动到压码听懂学习板块。大家注意学习每日更新修改的互动磁带课文整理内容。
描述
快速回复

您目前还是游客,请 登录注册