• 12447阅读
  • 45回复

你好美国录音带文本11册压码听懂练习范例(整理中。。。)

级别: 管理员
只看该作者 30 发表于: 2007-11-12
复杂合成句子的学习差异对比是简单有效的做法

对于如何使用say的不同用法,过去总是感觉用法太多,总想总结一次,这次终于如愿,如and you say是用say, He said (后面一句说过的话)。。。用said,短时间将要发生的事情Something that is about to  happen is ready and going to happen in a very short time用about to ,如he's going to leave.  he's about to leave.是going to 的意思,将来式,没有见到talk about 这个也经常见到,Alan Guskin told the audience  that 。。。(后面告诉一句话),  Mary said to the reporter.  She told the reporter that 。。。  he said to me.  He told me that 。。。  the President said to us.  He told us that。。。.he said to the class.  He told the class that 。。。  he said  to the new teachers.  He told the new teachers that  。。。  。。he said to us.  He told us that 。。。明白了he said to 必须加to,而He told 后面没有to。所以说总共有三种情况:
1、say
2、he said
3、 about to 
。。。 is about to  about to 前面加is,are,was,he's about to, Is he about to 。。。?.  。。。are about to 。。。. Are we about to ? I was just about to ask。。。question
4、He told us that 。。。
He told the audience  ,
She told the reporter ,
He told me ,
He told us ,
He told the class 。等等。
5、tell him
如:Tell him what you know。
归纳:
said,say,about to ,talk to ,tell him ,said that ,told  the audience that 。
这样he said,you say,tell him,told me,talk to,talking about,about to的用法就搞清楚了。
所以对于一些句子的变化,由一个简单句子,另外一个简单句子,组成一个复杂合成句子,如果学语法太抽象,在实际句子中自然学会太零碎,不够系统,最好的办法就是直接将简单句子和复杂合成句子进行直接单词差异进行对比,前面一课就运用了对比句子的单词差异,一目了然,自认就学会了。只要归纳出来即可将一篇文章进行简化理解记忆和应用。

本课的归纳复合句型变化单词对比:

(1) said:
It's an enormous privilege to be a teacher.  She said it was an enormous privilege to be a teacher.
  We'll need many new teachers.  She said we would need many  new teachers.
  Many communities are looking  for teachers right now.  She said many communities were  looking for teachers right now.
  Young people can make a difference in creating a better world. He said young people could make  a difference in creating a bette world. 
  Good schools depend on good  teachers.  He said good schools depended on good teachers.
  Teaching isn't easy, but it can be  the most rewarding job in the world. He said teaching wasn't easy, but it could be the most rewarding job in the world.
  This exercise is almost over.  They said this exercise was  almost over.

It's ---  He said it was ,
  We'll---She said we would
...are ---She said ...were 
...can --- He said ...could
...depend on ---He said ...depended on
... isn't .., but... can be  ---He said ... wasn't ..., but .. could be
  This exercise is ---They said this exercise was... 

(2 ) going to --- about to  :

"Murder at Midnight" is going  on the air in two minutes.      "Murder at Midnight" is about to  go on the air.
    Detective Modine is in a hurry;  he's going to leave.  Detective Modine is in a hurry;  he's about to leave.
  Is he ready to solve the mystery  at WEFL? Is he about to solve the mystery at  WEFL?
    Many teachers will be retiring  soon.  Many teachers are about to retire.
  These young people are ready to  become new teachers.    These young people are about to  become new teachers.
  Are we ready to end this  exercise? Are we about to end this  exercise?
    I was just going to ask the same  question.  I was just about to ask the same  question.

"..." is going  ...in two minutes.  ---  "..." is about to  go ....
...is ...;  he's going .... ---  ...is ...;  he's about to ....
Is he ready to ...? Is he about to...?
...will be retiring  soon. ...----are about to retire.
...are ready to  ....    ---.....are about to  ....
Are we ready to ...? Are we about to ...?
  ...going to ....  ---...about to ...

(3) said to --- told :

"Young people can make a difference," Alan Guskin said to the audience.  He told the audience  that young people could make a difference.
    "Every community in the country will be looking for new teachers," Mary said to the reporter.  She told the reporter that every community in the country would be looking for new teachers.
    "Not everyone can be a teacher," he said to me.  He told me that not everyone could be a teacher.
    "You are the hope for the future," the President said to us.  He told us that we were the hope for the future.
  "I am old and about to retire,"  he said to the class.  He told the class that he was old  and about to retire.
    "You are the ones who will have  to face these problems," he said  to the new teachers.  He told the new teachers that  they were the ones who would  have to face these problems.
    "If you try hard, you can do it,"  he said to us.  He told us that if we tried hard,  we could do it.

"...can ...," ....said to ...  --- -- He told ....that...could ....
    "....will be ...," Mary said to ....----  She told the reporter that ....would be....
    "....can be...," he said to me.  ----  He told me that ...could be....
    "You are ...," the President said to us.  He told us that we were the hope for the future.
  "I am ...,"  he said to....  He told ...that he was....
    "You are ...will ...," he said  to.... ----  He told ...that  they were ....
    "If you try hard, you can ...,"  he said to us.  He told us that if we tried ...  we could ....
只看该作者 31 发表于: 2007-11-12
第十一册第八课

一、基本词组think的用法:

Do you think ....? Yes, I do. 
Do you know who ...?No, not yet.
Have you interviewed  ... Yes, I have.
This isn't  ...  Why?  I'll ask ..., if you don't mind. 
OK. Shoot. 
Do you think...? Do you know  ..?  Yes, I do, and no, I don't.

1、Yes, I do, and no, I don't.

Welcome to... ,...trying to find out what ... knows about  problems .... Why isn't ..? Listen .answer.
Do you think ....? Yes, I do.  Do you know who ...?No, not yet. Have you interviewed  ... Yes, I have. This isn't  ...  Why?  I'll ask ..., if you don't mind.  OK. Shoot.  Do you think...? Do you know  ..?  Yes, I do, and no, I don't.

Why does...think ... isn't working out? 
Because Jake is asking all the  questions

yes, I do
  no, I don't
  Yes, I do, and no, I don't.

hear. . .  Do you think ....? Do you know who ..? 
say . . .  Yes, I do, and no, I don't. 
You hear. . .Have you interviewed ...? Did they  give ...? 
say. . .  Yes, I have, and no, they didn't. 
Notice that the first .."yes," .second  ."no."

Do you think...? Do you know who ...?    Yes, I do, and no, I don't.
  Have you interviewed...? Did they  give ...?  Yes, I have, and no, they didn't.
  Will you be talking to ...? Would you like to see ...?  Yes, I will, and no, I wouldn't.
    Did you know ...? Can he  build ...?  Yes, I did, and no, he can't.
  Well, that's.... Could I get ... to drink? Would you like .. to eat?  Yes, you could, and no, I  wouldn't.
  Had you heard ...before ..investigation? Will you be asking ... about ..? Yes, I had, and no, I won't.
  Is this ...? Are there  ...? Yes, it is, and no, there aren't.

2、He asked me if I:

After.interview..., .. meets .... She has ...questions.
Does she ask him if ... ...?
Well, how did .....? 
He seems like.... He only asked me...
I don't think 
he knows ...
We  probably know ....
  What kind ...? 
He asked me if I thought ...
And what did you say?
  I told... It's obvious,
  isn't it? He thinks so.... 
Does he ...? 
I don't know.
He asked me if .... 
And what did you say?
I told him that ...was.., ....
You  didn't say that.

.Did Chris ask Jake if ..was ..?
No, she didn't.

sabotaging the station
  someone was ... deliberately
  if I thought .. was
  sabotaging the station  deliberately
  He asked me if I thought...

hear. . .  "Do you think....?"
he asked me. 
say. . .  He asked me if I thought  .... 
hear. . .  "Do you have any idea who...?"
he asked me. 
say. . .  He asked me
if I had any idea
  who it was. 

"Do you think ...?"
he asked me. 
He asked me if I thought  ...
  "Do you have ....?" .... 
He asked me if ...
I had any idea who it was.
  "Can you give me..?"
he asked us. 
He asked us if
we could .. him....
  "Is Rita still ...?"
he asked her.
He asked her if ... was
still  upset about retiring.
  "Are you going to..?"
I asked her.
I asked her if she was
going to run away with Terry.
  "Will ...what's  going on?"
he asked them.
He asked them if .. would
help find out what was going on.
  " Can we ..?"
they asked me.
They asked me if they could ...

3、 According to..., :

One more exercise,
  and then you can stop.
  Chris is talking to..
  Has Mike had his ... yet?

Has ...interview you ..?
  Do  you know...about him?
According to..., he's ... He's very clever.
Jake said he was...
I wonder what ...
  I haven't ...
Rita thinks ....
  Don't pay .. attention to..
Accoeding to ..., he's .... According to ... even I'm ....

I say, " Steven says that ...."
    say... According to Steven ,
    he's the best ....
    I say, " Rita thinks ...."
    say... According to...
    , even I'm handsome.

Steven  says that ..... According to ... , he's the best ....
    Rita thinks ....  According to .....
  Jake says that....  According to Jake ....
  Both of them think there's .....  According to both of them,  there's...
  We say ....  According to us, the glovr...
  I think this ....  According to me ,
    this lesson is over.

二、基本句子:

Do you think someone is sabotaging the station deliberately? Do you know who it
  is?    Yes, I do, and no, I don't.

"Do you think someone is sabotaging the station deliberately?" he asked me.  He asked me if I thought  someone was sabotaging the  station deliberately.

" Steven says that he's  the best detective in Stamfoed." say... According to Steven , he's the best detective  in Stamford.

1、Yes, I do, and no, I don't:

Have you interviewed other  people at the station? Did they  give you any information?  Yes, I have, and no, they didn't.
  Will you be talking to Thomas  Ames? Would you like to see my  interview with him?  Yes, I will, and no, I wouldn't.
    Did you know he owns land next  to the Nature Center? Can he  build apartments there?  Yes, I did, and no, he can't.
  Well, that's good to hear. Could I get you something to drink? Would you like something to eat?  Yes, you could, and no, I  wouldn't.
  Had you heard of Thomas Ames before you started this  investigation? Will you be asking him about Mirage Realty? Yes, I had, and no, I won't.
  Is this interview over? Are there  any more questions? Yes, it is, and no, there aren't.

2、He asked me if I:
He asked me if I thought someone was sabotaging the  station deliberately.

"Do you think someone is sabotaging the station deliberately?" he asked me.  He asked me if I thought  someone was sabotaging the  station deliberately.
  "Do you have any idea who it  is?" he asked me.  He asked me if I had any idea who it was.
  "Can you give me some names?" he asked us.  He asked us if we could give him  some names.
  "Is Rita still upset about  retiring?" he asked her.  He asked her if Rita was still  upset about retiring.
  "Are you going to run away with Terry?" I asked her.  I asked her if she was going to run away with Terry.
  "Will Roger help find out what's  going on?" he asked them. He asked them if Roger would help find out what was going on.
  " Can we stop now?" they asked me. They asked me if they could stop now.

3、According to Steven , he's ...:

" Steven says that he's  the best detective in Stamfoed." say... According to Steven , he's the best detective  in Stamford.

Steven  says that he's the best detective in Stamford. According to Steven , he's the best detective in Stamford.
  Rita thinks even I'm handsome.  According to Rita ,even I'm handsome.
  Jake says that Detective Modine is a nice guy.  According to Jake , Detective Modine is a nice guy.
  Both of them think there's a  connection with Thomas Ames.  According to both of them, there's a
connection with Thonas Ames.
  We say the glove is the key to  solving the mystery.  According to us, the glovr is the key to silving the mestery.
  I think this lesson is over.  According to me , this lesson is over.

三、场景学习同时回答两个问题:

1、引导语 what Jake knows about the problems , answer:

Welcome to Lesson Eight. Detective Modine is trying to find out what Jake knows about the problems at  WEFL. Why isn't the interview working out? Listen carefully for  the answer.

2、情景:

Do you think someone is  sabotaging the station  deliberately? Yes, I do.  Do you know who it is?No, not yet. Have you interviewed  other people at the station? Yes, I have. This isn't  working out, Jake.  Why?  I'll ask the questions, if you don't mind.  OK. Shoot.  Do you think someone is sabotaging the station deliberately? Do you know  who it is?  Yes, I do, and no, I don't.

3、学习:

OK. Why does Detective  Modine think the interview with  Jake isn't working out?  Because Jake is asking all the  questions.

Now listen and repeat.

yes, I do
  no, I don't

4、引导学习first short answer  is always "yes," and the second  short answer is always "no." :

Now you hear. . .  Do you think someone is  sabotaging the station  deliberately? Do you know who it  is?  And you say . . .  Yes, I do, and no, I don't.  You hear. . .  Have you interviewed other people at the station? Did they  give you any information?  And you say. . .  Yes, I have, and no, they didn't.  Notice that the first short answer  is always "yes," and the second  short answer is always "no." All right. Let's go.

5、练习---对两个提问和同时回答:

Have you interviewed other  people at the station? Did they  give you any information?  Yes, I have, and no, they didn't.
  Will you be talking to Thomas  Ames? Would you like to see my  interview with him?  Yes, I will, and no, I wouldn't.
    Did you know he owns land next  to the Nature Center? Can he  build apartments there?  Yes, I did, and no, he can't.
  Well, that's good to hear. Could I get you something to drink? Would you like something to eat?  Yes, you could, and no, I  wouldn't.
  Had you heard of Thomas Ames before you started this  investigation? Will you be asking him about Mirage Realty? Yes, I had, and no, I won't.
  Is this interview over? Are there  any more questions? Yes, it is, and no, there aren't.

四、场景学习---饭馆谈话征求意见:

1、引导语ask and answer with adea:

After the interview with  Detective Modine, Jake meets Chris in the cafeteria. She has a  lot of questions. Does she ask him if Detective Modine is a  nice guy? Listen carefully for the  answer.

2、情景--询问看法:

Well, how did it go with  Detective Modine?    It went OK. He seems like a    nice guy. He only asked me a  few questions. I don't think  he knows much yet. We  probably know as much as he  does.  What kind of questions did he ask?    He asked me if I thought  someone was sabotaging the  station deliberately.  And what did you say?    I told him yes. It's obvious,  isn't it? He thinks so too.  Does he have any idea who it  is?    I don't know. He asked me if  I had any idea who it was.  And what did you say?  I told him that it was  probably a woman, a woman  with a twisted ankle.  Oh, come on, Jake. You  didn't say that.

3、学习循序渐进压码记忆长句子:

OK. Did Chris ask Jake if Detective Modine was a nice guy?  No, she didn't.

Now listen and repeat.

sabotaging the station
  someone was sabotaging the  station deliberately
  if I thought someone was sabotaging the station deliberately

4、引导学习--直接引语与间接引语举例:

Now you hear. . .  "Do you think someone is  sabotaging the station deliberately?" he asked me.  And you say. . .  He asked me if I thought  someone was sabotaging the  station deliberately.  You hear. . .  "Do you have any idea who it  is?" he asked me.  And you say. . .  He asked me if I had any idea  who it was.  OK? Here we go.

5、练习从said 继续向asked延续变换形式:

"Do you have any idea who it  is?" he asked me.  He asked me if I had any idea who it was.
  "Can you give me some names?" he asked us.  He asked us if we could give him  some names.
  "Is Rita still upset about  retiring?" he asked her.  He asked her if Rita was still  upset about retiring.
  "Are you going to run away with Terry?" I asked her.  I asked her if she was going to run away with Terry.
  "Will Roger help find out what's  going on?" he asked them. He asked them if Roger would help find out what was going on.

五、场景学习---猜测别人谈话的意思According to 。。。:

1、引导语:

One more exercise, and then you can stop. Chris is talking to Mike. Has Mike had his interwiew with Detective Mofine yet? Listen carfully for the answer.

2、情景:

Has Detective Modine  interview you yet ,Mike? Do  you know anything about him? According to Steven, he's the best detective in Stamford. He's very clever. Jake said he was a nice guy.I wonder what he's like. I haven't met him yet.Rita thinks he's really handsome.Don't pay any attention to Rita, Accoeding to Steven, he's the best detective in Stamford. According to Rita, even I'm handsome. According to Rita, even I'm handsome.

3、引导学习According to :

Now I say, " Steven says that he's  the best detective in Stamfoed." And you say... According to Steven , he's the best detective  in Stamford.  I say, " Rita thinks even I'm handsome." And you say... According to Rita, even I'm handsome. All right. Let's begin.

4、练习----从间接引语say、think到领悟意思的 According to 句子变换:

Steven  says that he's the best detective in Stamford. According to Steven , he's the best detective in Stamford.
  Jake says that Detective Modine is a nice guy.  According to Jake , Detective Modine is a nice guy.
  Both of them think there's a  connection with Thomas Ames.  According to both of them, there's a
  We say the glove is the key to  solving the mystery.  According to us, the glovr is the key to silving the mestery.

Yes, it is , This is the end of Lesson Eight.
只看该作者 32 发表于: 2007-11-12
第十一册 第八课总结:

这一课只要掌握两个关键点,就能较好完成:一是呼吸,二是单词差异的确定。
1、调整呼吸和深度听清练习,我们学会了两个基本技能,一是深吸一口气进行缓慢均匀地呼气中数可以听到多少个句子,一般情况下经过练习达到一口气40个左右句子没有问题,这就为连续一口气较长时间心中压码回想打下了良好的基础,要想很好地理解并记忆长句i,特别是将几个句子连接起来回想,比如句子变换,有两个句子变成一个复杂句子,甚至一直连到下面的另外的变换的复杂句子组合,用呼吸的办法就很容易做到,不然你如果考虑句子中的单词变换和选择就无法听清回想完整句子细节,考虑回想句子细节就无法选择正确的连接词和变异单词。所以压码做到连续压码长句子达到连续压码若干个句子串,腾出时间反复回想品味句子的语音、确切清晰而不是模糊印象不深的细节,就必须采用深度听清中压码一个句子的办法,深吸一口气用呼气的办法用力呼气回想,虽然不出声但是和跟读说话一样用力想,一直慢慢缓慢地呼气到若干个句子,有了一口气40个句子的基本能力,呼一口气连续回想出个10句、8句也会显得很容易。
  你这样练习压码听懂的回想,就有非常充裕的时间,不慌不忙地缓慢地跟着语音进行回想任意特别长的句子串,压码多个句子,压码长句子,压码到练习中的几对句子,做到压码中完全理解消化吸收留下深刻印象的目的。
2、学习互动磁带以后必须将一些类似的单词精确选择出来定位,因为我们在整理的时候已经进行了认真地总结归纳,但是如果你抓不到问题的关键,在进行压码听懂练习的时候还是会不知所措,就不会产生在任意一遍连续听每个句子的一篇文章,做到任意值个句子全部准确理解记忆的目的。下面我来举例说明:

1、Yes, I do, and no, I don't:

对于提问两个问题征求你的意见的答案这样的练习,一次要压码至少3个句子,答案的类型就是Yes, I do, and no, I don't,但是第一个答案Yes, I do,中的“do”选用那个具体单词,也可能是Have, Will ,Did,Would,Can ,Could,Had,Is,Are,was等单词,完全有提问的句子使用那个单词来决定;二第二个答案中的and no, I don't同样选用don't.,didn't.,wouldn't.,can't., won't.,aren't.,hadn‘t,couldn't,was'nt,则完全有第二个问题的使用的那个单词的反义词来决定,从不同句子对比单词do和don't的差异就决定了关键的答案准确性,而整个句子变换只要压码住就可以保证这些练习的流利理解记忆。

“Do” you think ---Yes, I “do”,
“Do” you know ---and no, I “don't”
“Have” you interviewed ---Yes, I “have”,
“Did” they  give ---and no, they “didn't.”
“ Will” you be ---Yes, I“ will”,
“ Would” you like ---and no, I“ wouldn't.”
  “ Did” you know --- Yes, I“ did”,
“Can ”he  build --- and no, he“ can't.”
“Could” “I ”get --- Yes, you could,
“Would” you like ---and no, I  wouldn't
“Had” you heard ---Yes, I “had”
“Will ”you be ---and no, I won't.
“Is” this ---Yes, it is,
“Are” there  ---and no, there“ aren't.”

2、He asked me if I:

Do you“ think ”--- if I “thought ”,
he asked “me”---He asked “me ”

Do you “have”---  if I “had ”,
he asked “me”.  He asked “me ”,
who it “ is”--- who it “was”

“Can” you give me  ---if  we “could” give  “ him”  ,
  he asked “us”---.  He asked “us ”

“Is ”Rita still --- if Rita “was” still  ,
  he asked “her”.  He asked“ her ”

“Are you” going ---if “she was ”going ,
  I asked “her.”---  I asked“ her ”

“Will” Roger -- if Roger “would ”,
he asked“ them”. He asked“ them ”,
“what's”  going on--“-what was” going on.

“Can” we(- they )  --- if “they”“ could ”,
“they ”asked me.---“ They ”asked me

3、According to Steven , he's ...:

“Steven”  says that ---According to “Steven ”

“ Rita” thinks ---According to “Rita ”

“Jake” says that ---According to “Jake ”

“Both of them” think --- According to “both of them”

“We” say --- According to “us”

“I ”think --- According to “me ”
只看该作者 33 发表于: 2007-11-13
注:第八课与复习三文本中间缺页177页,已经打印补充完毕,原下载的学员请注意及时更正。
只看该作者 34 发表于: 2007-11-13
如何提高效率? 采用层层压码推进的办法即可解决。
  1、第一次练习逐个句子压码听懂,可以先练习一册看着听懂即可,别忘了每天一篇课文的日记;
  2、第二次利用点滴时间进行整理,整块时间才练习深度压码听懂篇章结构,一天完成一篇课文;
  3、在每课之间可以先简单些两句作为留空位置,一册完成以后再进行补充。
  4、在每天都有进步的情况下,每课的进度拉开距离,最后完成压码听懂的听说读写的全部层次。
  5、开始能不用的压码方法尽量减少,能在不练习压码抄写的情况下可以做到记忆文本的就不练习压码抄写,能不练习压码注音就能记住语音的就不练习压码注音,能不练习压码跟读就能自由回想说口语的就不练习压码跟读,能不练习压码写作的尽量减少写作的深度,这样先保证基本进度。
  6、在遇到理解记忆困难的时候再逐步加上其他压码方法。比如压码看光盘、压码抄写、压码注音、压码跟读、压码写作等等练习,最后听说读写找齐。
只看该作者 35 发表于: 2007-11-13
第十一册 复习三
第十一册 复习三

一、基本词组:
reading.... report about ...to ...questions for you ...mind ...while...Take...twice with  pauses ...to write..so that ..you can remember ...what the questions are

reading the newspaper.
She finds a report about ...to ...
Lesten to ... But first , ...questions for you
to keep in  mind
while you listen.
Take .... Each question will be ...
read twice with  pauses for you to write.
You don't have to writ out ...
Just writ enogh so that ..
you can remember what ...
what the questions are
when you listen to the report.

Ready? Here's...
In what month does ...?
  About what percentage ...?
Why are they fewer ... than in 1989?
  What is ...?
What perstage ... doesn't ...  from ..?
After ..., what percentage ...?

listen ..reads  .., and write down ...you'll need to ---answer the questions.

This ia ...article,
Terry, Did you know  that
there are fewer ...
today than  ---there were
in 1989?
I thought
population was growing. 
Not the high school  population .
Let me read
you the whole article.
"In  the United States,
school year beging in September.
Most high school  graduations
occur in May or  June...s"
So you
start school in the fall
  finish in the spring.
  Everybody doed that. 
Not verybody.
Listen to this ...
"But a small ...,
about three  pecent of the total,
receive  their diplomas
in the middle of the school year." 
Well... three pecent.
I  mean,
that's not very many. 
Remamber,
we're  talking millions here.
Anyway..."
The number of high school graduates
in  the Unites States
has been  decreasing
since 1989.
This is because fewer children
  were born in the 1970s."
Fewer babies
in the seventies,
fewer high school  students
in the eighties.
That makes sense.

"A good predictor of the  number
of high school  graduates
in a year
is the number
of children born 18  years earlier.
Currently,
the  number of graduates
is equal  to about ....
73 percent
of the  18-year-old population." 
That's not very good. 
Why? 73 percent is a lot.
Yes, but it means that...
some  27 percent
of our young  people
don't finish high  school.
That's a lot too.
You're right. It's too many,
really. . . 27 percent.
Everybody should finish high  school. . .
Here are some more statistics . . .
"Between 49 and 54 percent 
of high school graduates
begin college
in the fall
after  their high school  graduation."
That's about  half,
49 to 54 percent. 
Yeah. It means that ...
the  other half
doesn't go on to  college.
Or, maybe they do go on to  college . . .
but not the  same year
as they graduate
from high school.

answer the  questions.
One.  In what month does
the school  year
begin in the United States?
September.

Two.  About what percentage
of  students receive their diplomas
  in the spring? 
Ninety-seven percent.

Three.  Why are there
fewer students  graduating now
than in 1989? 
Because fewer children
were born  in the 1970s.

Four.  What is a good predictor
  of the  number of high school graduates? 
The number
of children born 18  years earlier.

Five.    What percentage
of the 18-year- old population
doesn't graduate 
from high school?
About 27 percent.

Six.  After graduating
from high  school,
what percentage
of  students go on to college
the  same year?
Between 49 and 54 percent.

2、

Now let's listen to 。。。
some more 。。。between ...
They're still talking  about ...
the report on high school  graduates.
Listen carefully for
a  food item.
What food is  mentioned ..?

Well, what did you think ...?
  I don't know, Rita.
The  statistics are upsetting.
I mean,
the idea that ....
a quarter  of our young people
don't  finish high school,
and  then
half of those who do,
don't continue their  education . . .
  Are you worried about ..
our future, Terry?   
Our future-yours
and mine-looks wonderful, Rita.
But  the future for ...
our young  people?
I don't know. 
Someone should ask them if ...
they're worried.
The answers  might be interesting. 
Wait. Here's another article.
It's a report called ...
"What  Worries ...
American  Teenagers?"
Do you want me to...
  read it to you?
No . . . no, thanks, Rita.
Did I ever tell you that...
you  make me feel...
like a teenager? 
Oh, Terry.    And what worries me...
right  now is my stomach.
How  about a pizza?
  Oooooh!! I'd love one.

they're worried
  ask them
  if they're worried
  Someone should
  ask them if  they're worried.
  Someone should ask them if  they're worried.

should ask them
  if  they're worried.
  Someone --- We.
  ask them ---Find out---Help them
  worried.---Upset--- In trouble
  should ---Must.
  if ---When

二、基本句子:

1、阅读报纸信息:
This ia a really interesting  article, Terry, Did you know  that there are fewer high school students today thant here were in 1989? Gee,I thought the  population was growing.  Not the high school population .Let me read you the whole article. It's very  short... Ahem... "In  the United States, the school year beging in September. Most high school  graduations occur in May or  June...s"  So you start school in the fall  and you finish in the spring.  Everybody does that.  Not verybody. Listen to this ... "But a small number of graduates, about three  pecent of the total, receive  their diplomas in the middle of the school year."  Well... three pecent. I  mean, that's not very many.  Three percent is three  percent. Remamber, we're  talking millions here.  Anyway..." The number of high school graduates in  the Unites States has been  decreasing since 1989. This is because fewer children  were born in the 1970s."  Fewer babies in the seventies, fewer high school  students in the eighties.  That makes sense.

"A good predictor of the  number of high school  graduates in a year is the number of children born 18  years earlier. Currently, the  number of graduates is equal  to about 73 percent of the  18-year-old population."  That's not very good.  Why? 73 percent is a lot.  Yes, but it means that some  27 percent of our young  people don't finish high  school. That's a lot too.  You're right. It's too many,  really. . . 27 percent.  Everybody should finish high school. . . Here are some more statistics . . .  "Between 49 and 54 percent  of high school graduates  begin college in the fall after  their high school  graduation." That's about  half, 49 to 54 percent.    Yeah. It means that the  other half doesn't go on to  college. Or, maybe they do go on to  college . . . but not the  same year as they graduate from high school.

回答问题:
OK. Now try to answer the  questions. Ready?
Question One.  In what month does the school  year begin in the United States?  September.
  Question Two.  About what percentage of  students receive their diplomas  in the spring?  Ninety-seven percent.
  Question Three.  Why are there fewer students  graduating now than in 1989?  Because fewer children were born  in the 1970s.
  Question Four.  What is a good predictor of the  number of high school graduates?    The number of children born 18  years earlier.
    Question Five.    What percentage of the 18-year- old population doesn't graduate  from high school?  About 27 percent.
  Question Six.  After graduating from high  school, what percentage of  students go on to college the  same year? Between 49 and 54 percent.

2、

"Find out." .. .  Someone should find out if  they're worried. 
"Upset." And you say. . .  Someone should find out if  they're upset.  Ready?

Find out.  Someone should find out if  they're worried.
  Upset.  Someone should find out if  they're upset.
  We.      We should find out if they're  upset.
  Must.  We must find out if they're upset.
  Help them.  We must help them if they're  upset.
  In trouble.  We must help them if they're in trouble.
  When.  We must help them when they're in trouble.

三、场景学习reading the newspaper.:

Book Eleven, Review Three

1、引导语:

Review Three. For this lesson, you'll need a pencil and a piece of paper. Rita is reading the newspaper. She finds a report about hight  school graduates and decides to read it to Terry. Lesten to their converstion. But first , here are some questions for you to keep in  mind while you listen. Take apencil and piece of paper. Each  question will be read twice with  pauses for you to write. You don't have to writ out the whole question. Just writ enogh so that you can remember what the questions are  when you listen to the report.

2、问题:

Ready? Here's Quesion One.: In what month does the school  year begin in the United States?In what month does the school  year begin in the United Stases?
Quesion Two.  About what percentage of  students receive their diplomas in the sping? About what  percentage of stutents receive  their diplomas in the spring?
  Question Three.  Why are ther fewer students  graduating now than in 1989?  Why  are there fewer students  graduating now thwn in 1989?
  Quesion Four.  What is a good predictor of the  mumber of hight school graduates?  What is a good pradctor of the number of high school graduates?
  Question Five.What perstage of the 18-year-old  population doesn't graduate  from high school? What  percentage of the 18-year-old  population doesn't graduate feom high school.
  Quastion Six. After graduating from high school, what percentage of students go on to college the
same year? After graduating from high school, what percentage of  students go on to college the  same year?

3、引导语:

Now listen carefully as Rita reads  the report, and write down you'll need to answer the questions.

4、情景:

This ia a really interesting  article, Terry, Did you know  that there are fewer high  school students today than there were in 1989? Gee,I thought the  population was growing.  Not the high school  population .Let me read you the whole article. It's very  short... Ahem... "In  the United States, the  school year beging in September. Most high school  graduations occur in May or  June...s"  So you start school in the fall  and you finish in the spring.  Everybody doed that.  Not verybody. Listen to this ... "But a small number of graduates, about three  pecent of the total, receive  their diplomas in the middle of the school year."  Well... three pecent. I  mean, that's not very many.  Three percent is three  percent. Remamber, we're  talking millions here.  Anyway..." The number of high school graduates in  the Unites States has been  decreasing since 1989. This is because fewer children  were born in the 1970s."  Fewer babies in the seventies, fewer high school  students in the eighties.  That makes sense.

5、情景:

"A good predictor of the  number of high school  graduates in a year is the number of children born 18  years earlier. Currently, the  number of graduates is equal  to about 73 percent of the  18-year-old population."  That's not very good.  Why? 73 percent is a lot.  Yes, but it means that some  27 percent of our young  people don't finish high school. That's a lot too.  You're right. It's too many,  really. . . 27 percent.  Everybody should finish high  school. . . Here are some more statistics . . .  "Between 49 and 54 percent  of high school graduates  begin college in the fall after  their high school  graduation." That's about  half, 49 to 54 percent.    Yeah. It means that the  other half doesn't go on to  college. Or, maybe they do go on to  college . . . but not the  same year as they graduate from high school.

6、练习答案:
    OK. Now try to answer the  questions. Ready? Question One.
  In what month does the school  year begin in the United States?  September.
  Question Two.  About what percentage of  students receive their diplomas  in the spring?  Ninety-seven percent.
  Question Three.  Why are there fewer students  graduating now than in 1989?  Because fewer children were born  in the 1970s.
  Question Four.  What is a good predictor of the  number of high school graduates?    The number of children born 18  years earlier.
    Question Five.    What percentage of the 18-year- old population doesn't graduate  from high school?  About 27 percent.
  Question Six.  After graduating from high  school, what percentage of  students go on to college the  same year? Between 49 and 54 percent.

四、场景学习:

1、引导语:

Now let's listen to some more of  the conversation between Rita  and Terry. They're still talking  about the report on high school  graduates. Listen carefully for a  food item. What food is  mentioned in this conversation?

2、情景:

Well, what did you think of  the report?  I don't know, Rita. The  statistics are upsetting. I mean, the idea that a quarter  of our young people don't  finish high school, and  then half of those who do,  don't continue their  education . . .  Are you worried about  our future, Terry?    Our future-yours and mine-looks wonderful, Rita. But  the future for our young  people? I don't know.  Someone should ask them if  they're worried. The answers  might be interesting.    Wait. Here's another article.  It's a report called "What  Worries American  Teenagers?" Do you want me to  read it to you?  No . . . no, thanks, Rita.  Did I ever tell you that you  make me feel like a teenager?  Oh, Terry.    And what worries me right  now is my stomach. How  about a pizza?  Oooooh!! I'd love one.

3、学习:

OK. What food is mentioned in  this conversation?  Pizza.

Now listen and repeat.

they're worried
  ask them if they're worried

4、引导学习:

Now I say, "Find out." And you  say.. .  Someone should find out if  they're worried.  I say, "Upset." And you say. . .  Someone should find out if  they're upset.  Ready? Here we go.

5、练习:

Find out.  Someone should find out if  they're worried.
  Upset.  Someone should find out if  they're upset.
  We.      We should find out if they're  upset.
  Must.  We must find out if they're upset.
  Help them.  We must help them if they're  upset.
  In trouble.  We must help them if they're in trouble.
  When.  We must help them when they're in trouble.

This is the end of Review Three.
只看该作者 36 发表于: 2007-11-14
新增4个帖子,注意看贴。每天必看贴。
只看该作者 37 发表于: 2007-11-14
第十一册第九课

一、基本词组stop的用法:

banck,end, finishes,wind up:

stop  bothering me ,get off my back.
Steven told Jake that .he couldn't  ...
.Steven said, "Jake, I can't ...:
end up ......  , finishes at ...., wind up :

1、stop  bothering me ,get off my back.

Who do you think
they're  talking  about

I know all that
but he was just  doing his ...
I  wish you would ...
stop  bothering me about this 
Maybe he is  ...
little ambitious
But I  can't control that. ..
I don't know anything about ...
get off my back.

idiomatic  way of saying ...
Stop bothering  me
He calls me ...
I wish he'd ;;;
stop bothering me
get off my back.   

Jake's always asking ... to ...
He really should ...
stop bothering her. 
get off her back.
Terry's just impossible.
Will he ever
stop bothering Rita?
ever get off Rita's back?
  I finally told them ...
if they didn't 
  stop bothering me,
I'd call the  police. 
I finally told them
if they didn't 
get off my back,
I'd call the  police.

2、can't stand Ames。。。
Steven told Jake that .he couldn't  ....Steven said, "Jake, I can't ...:

talking about ...
When did ...ask ...about ...

can't stand Ames
But he isn't trying ...
to stop you
He's been after...for some time.
He asked  ...
if he would sell....
  And he tried to buy it from  ...,
the previous  owner.
How much has  ...
told you about ...?
  Not much.
I've learned ....
We've had ....
  he's building  ... right next to ....
He's going to ...
ruin it.
Has he  ever said ...
anything about it  to you? 
Of course not.
is  not stupid.
How much has ...
he asked  you about me?
He just asked me...
if I would  take
you off the story.

I can't stand Ames
  Jake, I can't .....
  Steven said, "Jake, ...
I can't stand Ames."
  Steven said, "Jake, I ...
  can't stand Ames."
  he's building apartments
  Steven, he's ...right next to ....
  Jake said, "Steven, he's ...,."

Steven told Jake that ...
...he couldn't  stand Ames.
.  Steven said, "Jake, ...
...I can't stand  Ames."
  Jake told Steven that...
...he was  building ....
Jake said, "Steven, he's building .....

Steven told Jake that ..... 
Steven said, "Jake,...."
  Jake told Steven that he was .....
Jake said, "Steven, he's ....."
  Steven told Jake that ....wouldn't be able to ....
  Steven said, "Jake, ....won't be able to ...."
  Jake told Steven that things ...
....couldn't be that bad. 
Jake said, "Steven,
things can't  be that bad."
  Steven told Jake that ...wasn't stupid.
Steven said, "Jake, ...isn't  stupid."
Jake told Steven that ... was ...
going to ruin the Nature Center. 
Jake said, "Steven, ...is
going to ruin the Nature  Center."
  Steven told Jake that ....
was a greedy, evil good- for-nothing. 
Steven said, "Jake, ...
is a greedy, evil good-for- nothing."

3、 end up ......  , finishes at ...., wind up :

What does ...say ...?
What's that?
    It's for my stomach.
  My  doctor says I'm ...
  getting an ulcer.
  He says if  I don't ...
calm down,
  I'm going to...
  wind up in the hospital. 
  I'm going to
  figure this out. 
    We don't have  ....

What does the doctor say ...?  An ulcer.

wind up in the hospital
  I'm going to...
  wind up in the hospital

To wind up means about ....
    the same as ...
    to finish or to end up.
    I'm going to end up
      in the  hospital. 
    I'm going to wind up ....
      The meeting finishes ....
    The meeting winds up .....

I'm going to
    end up ...... 
    wind up .....
  The meeting
    finishes at 9:00.   
    winds up at 9:00.
    I wish he'd
    finish the report. 
    wind up the report.
    Will Peter Case ...
    end up with  nothing? 
    wind up with  nothing?
    Thomas Ames could
    end up in  jail. 
      Thomas Ames could
      wind up in  jail.
    Do you know when
      this lesson ends? 
    this lesson  winds up?
    It winds up right now.
    This is  the end ....

二、基本句子:

He calls me all the time; I wish  he'd stop bothering me.  I wish he'd get off my back.
Steven told Jake that he couldn't  stand Ames.  Steven said, "Jake, I can't stand  Ames."
I'm going to wind up in the hospital

1、stop  bothering me ,get off my back.:

Who do you think they're  talking  about?Jake.

Stop bothering me.  Get off my back.
  He calls me all the time; I wish  he'd stop bothering me.  I wish he'd get off my back.
  Jake's always asking Chris to do things. He really should stop bothering her.    He really should get off her back.
  Terry's just impossible. Will he ever stop bothering Rita?  Will he ever get off Rita's back?
  I finally told them if they didn't  stop bothering me, I'd call the  police.  I finally told them if they didn't  get off my back, I'd call the  police.

2、 Steven told Jake that .he couldn't  ....Steven said, "Jake, I can't ...:

Steven said, "Jake, I can't stand Ames."
  Jake said, "Steven, he's building  apartments right next to the Nature Center."

Steven told Jake that he couldn't  stand Ames.
  Steven said, "Jake, I can't stand  Ames."
  Jake told Steven that he was  building apartments right next to  the Nature Center. 
  Jake said, "Steven, he's building apartments right next to the Nature Center."

Steven told Jake that he couldn't  stand Ames.  Steven said, "Jake, I can't stand  Ames."
  Jake told Steven that he was  building apartments right next to the Nature Center. Jake said, "Steven, he's building  apartments right next to the Nature Center."
  Steven told Jake that Peter Case  wouldn't be able to give the station away.  Steven said, "Jake, Peter Case  won't be able to give the station  away."
  Jake told Steven that things  couldn't be that bad.  Jake said, "Steven, things can't  be that bad."
  Steven told Jake that the man  wasn't stupid. Steven said, "Jake, the man isn't  stupid."
Jake told Steven that Ames was  going to ruin the Nature Center.  Jake said, "Steven, Ames is  going to ruin the Nature  Center."
  Steven told Jake that Thomas  Ames was a greedy, evil good- for-nothing.  Steven said, "Jake, Thomas  Ames is a greedy, evil good-for- nothing."

3、end up ......  , finishes at ...., wind up ,  : I'm going to wind up in the  hospital. 

I'm going to end up in the  hospital. 
  I'm going to wind up in the  hospital. 
The meeting finishes at 9:00. 
The meeting winds up at 9:00.

I'm going to end up in the  hospital.  I'm going to wind up in the  hospital.
  The meeting finishes at 9:00.    The meeting winds up at 9:00.
  I wish he'd finish the report.    I wish he'd wind up the report.
  Will Peter Case end up with  nothing?  Will Peter Case wind up with  nothing?
  Thomas Ames could end up in  jail.    Thomas Ames could wind up in  jail.
  Do you know when this lesson ends?  Do you know when this lesson  winds up?

It winds up right now.

三、场景学习:

1、引导语:

Welcome to Lesson Nine. Steven  is on the phone with Thomas  Ames. Who do you think they're
  talking  about?

2、情景:

Yes, yes. I know all that,  Ames, but he was just  doing his job. He's a  reporter, and a good one. I  wish you would stop  bothering me about this  . . . Well, yes. Maybe he is  a little ambitious. But I  can't control that. . . No,  I don't know anything about this story. Listen,  Ames, get off my back.

3、学习:

Well, who do you think they're  talking about?  Jake.

Now listen and repeat.

get off
  Get off my back.
  Get off my back.

4、引导学习:

Get off my back is an idiomatic  way of saying "Stop bothering  me." Let's practice this  expression. I say, "Stop bothering  me." And you say. . .  Get off my back.  I say, "He calls me all the time; OK. Let's begin.

5、练习:

Stop bothering me.  Get off my back.
  Jake's always asking Chris to do things. He really should stop bothering her.    He really should get off her back.
  Terry's just impossible. Will he ever stop bothering Rita?  Will he ever get off Rita's back?
  I finally told them if they didn't  stop bothering me, I'd call the  police.  I finally told them if they didn't  get off my back, I'd call the  police.

四、场景学习:

1、引导语:

Good. Now listen to Jake and  Steven talking about Thomas  Ames. When did Thomas Ames  ask Peter Case about buying  WEFL? Listen for the answer.

2、情景:

Jake, I can't stand Ames.  But he isn't trying to buy  the station to stop you. He's been after the station for some time. He asked  Case if he would sell the  station to him six months  ago.  And he tried to buy it from  Sam Finch, the previous  owner. How much has  Ames told you about  himself?  Not much. I've learned a few things. We've had a  few meetings.  Steven, he's building  apartments right next to the Nature Center. He's going to ruin it. Has he  ever said anything about it  to you?  Of course not. The man is  not stupid. How much has he asked  you about me?  Nothing, until now. He just asked me if I would  take you off the story.

3、学习:

OK. When did Thomas Ames  ask Peter Case about buying WEFL?  Six months ago.

Now listen and repeat.

I can't stand Ames
  Jake, I can't stand Ames.

he's building apartments
  Steven, he's building apartments right next to the Nature Center.
  Jake said, "Steven, he's building apartments right next to the Nature Center."
  Jake said, "Steven, he's building  apartments right next to the Nature Center."

4、引导学习:

Now you hear. . .  Steven told Jake that he couldn't  stand Ames.  And you say . . .  Steven said, "Jake, I can't stand  Ames." You hear. . .  Jake told Steven that he was  building apartments right next to  the Nature Center.  And you say. . . Jake said, "Steven, he's building apartments right next to the Nature Center."  Ready? Here we go.

5、练习:

Jake told Steven that he was  building apartments right next to the Nature Center. Jake said, "Steven, he's building  apartments right next to the Nature Center."
  Steven told Jake that Peter Case  wouldn't be able to give the station away.  Steven said, "Jake, Peter Case  won't be able to give the station  away."
  Jake told Steven that things  couldn't be that bad.  Jake said, "Steven, things can't  be that bad."
  Steven told Jake that the man  wasn't stupid. Steven said, "Jake, the man isn't  stupid."
Jake told Steven that Ames was  going to ruin the Nature Center.  Jake said, "Steven, Ames is  going to ruin the Nature  Center."
  Steven told Jake that Thomas  Ames was a greedy, evil good- for-nothing.  Steven said, "Jake, Thomas  Ames is a greedy, evil good-for- nothing."

五、场景学习:

1、引导语:

Now let's listen to the end of the conversation between Steven  and Jake. What does the doctor  say Steven is getting? Listen carefully for the answer.

2、情景:

What's that?  It's for my stomach. My  doctor says I'm getting an ulcer. He says if  I don't  calm down, I'm going to wind up in the hospital.  You are too nervous. Don't  worry, Steven. I'm going to  figure this out.  Hurry, Jake. We don't have  much time.

3、学习:

OK. What does the doctor say Steven is getting?  An ulcer.

Now listen and repeat.

windup
  wind up in the hospital
  I'm going to wind up in the hospital
  I'm going to wind up in the  hospital.

4、引导学习:

To wind up means about the same as to finish or to end up. Let's  practice this verb. You hear. .    I'm going to end up in the  hospital.  And you say . . .  I'm going to wind up in the  hospital.    You hear. . .  The meeting finishes at 9:00.  And you say. . . The meeting winds up at 9:00.  All right. Let's begin.

5、练习:

I'm going to end up in the  hospital.  I'm going to wind up in the  hospital.
  The meeting finishes at 9:00.    The meeting winds up at 9:00.
  I wish he'd finish the report.    I wish he'd wind up the report.
  Will Peter Case end up with  nothing?  Will Peter Case wind up with  nothing?
  Thomas Ames could end up in  jail.    Thomas Ames could wind up in  jail.
  Do you know when this lesson ends?  Do you know when this lesson  winds up?

It winds up right now. This is  the end of Lesson Nine.
只看该作者 38 发表于: 2007-11-14
第十一册第九课总结
只看该作者 39 发表于: 2007-11-14
第十一册 第十课

一、基本词组:

too与either的用法,
the与a or an, 及some的用法,
Do you want .,.Would you mind...,could you的用法

1、too,either的用法:

likes to....,does too.
has never....  , hasn't either.
Judy can't .... can't either.
is ..., is too.
    brought ..., did too.
    couldn't ....  couldn't  either. 

and Judy does too,
and Judy is too,
her sister hasn't either,
and I can't either

how she makes  comparisons,
telling us what they  do
and what they don't do.

I have ...who are
identical twins.
Their names are 
Jane and Judy.
They're so much  alike that ...
even I can't always tell  ...
them apart,
and I'm their  mother!
They even
think and act  alike.
For example,
Jane likes to
  play basketball,
and Judy does  too.
Jane is
good at mathematics
and Judy is too.
But when it 
comes to English,
Jane has
never  enjoyed it,
and her sister hasn't  either.
They studied English
for  years with the best teachers,
but  Jane never
received good grades,
and Judy didn't either.
That's  because
both girls can't spell.
  Not even the easiest words.
And  you know what?
I can't either!

and Judy does too
    Jane likes to play basketball   
    and Judy is too
    Jane is good at mathematics
      her sister hasn't either
      Jane has never enjoyed English
      and I can't either
      both girls can't spell

you're going to hear ....
    Combine both  sentences into one sentence,
    Jane likes to .... Judy  likes to ---Jane likes to ..., and  Judy does too. 
    Jane has never .... Her sister has never ....  --- Jane has never ...,  and her sister hasn't either.

play basketball.
    enjoyed English.
    spell.
    a good tennis player.
  brought a turkey sandwich  for lunch. 
    answer any  questions.   

Jane likes to...., and Judy does too.
  Jane has never....  , and her sister hasn't either.
  Jane and Judy can't .... and  their mother can't either.
    Rita is ..., and  Mike is too.
  Terry brought ..., and Steven did too.
  Chris couldn't ....  and Jake couldn't  either.   

2、 in --in the :

listen to ...between ....
They're discussing
who might have
sabotaged the station.
.. has just told ...
that he thinks 
she's responsible.
Notice the use of
the definite article
the to refer  to things that
are familiar or that 
have already been referred to. 

You were around
every  time it happened.
You have no
vested interest in  the station. 
This is so ...
unfair of you.
I  don't know how ...
you could  possibly think that ...
I had anything to do with it.
  Come on, Chris.
You had ...
access to the editing room. 
What were you
doing here  late one night?
Was that you
sneaking  around that night?
You're the one
under  investigation.

in the station 
  you have no vested interest
  to the editing room
  you had access   

Now you're going to hear ..
Each of these  sentences
should have
the  definite article
the Repeat each sentence,
putting the definite article
in front of the appropriate noun. 
  Chris works in ...
news department of WEFL.   
She has no
vested interest in station. 

Chris works
in news department  of WEFL----in the news  department of WEFL.
  She has no vested interest
in station.---in the  station.   
The meeting will take place
in  conference room---in the conference room.
  There are editing rooms and  control rooms
at station.---at the station.
  When pizza arrived,
she offered  some
to the detective.  ---to the detective.

3、 the, a or an, and some用法的正误:

a student and her  teacher.
Notice how they use  the, a or an, and some.

I have  a ...
Do you have some..? 
. What's the  problem? 
  I'd like some advice.
I have to 
write a paper for my European
History course.
Is the paper about France?
I am a  French teacher,
after all.
Yes, it is.
I have some...
problems understanding
the French system of government. 
I understand the problem
you're  having.
Let's get some
coffee in  the cafeteria.
Maybe I can find a...
  simple explanation
of France's government.
Oh, thanks, Mr. Douglas.

Do you have ..
    some time to help  me?
  I'd like some advice.
    I have some problems.
    Let's get some coffee.
    I have to write a paper.
  I am a French teacher,
  after all.
    Maybe I can find
    a simple  explanation.
    What's the problem?
    Is the paper
  about France?
    I understand
  the problem you're  having.

Now you're going to hear
  a  sentence read two ways.
One way  will have
an incorrect form
  of  either the, a, or some.
  The other  will have
    the correct form. 
    Repeat the sentence
    with the correct form.
  For example, you  hear.. .

Do you have (a time)---some time ...?   
  What's (a problem)--  the problem?   
  Do you have (a time ) ---some time ...
    to help  me?   
    What's (a  problem)--- the problem?
  I have to write ( the paper)  ---a paper.
  I'd like (the advice)--- some advice.
  I have (the  problems)---some problems.
  Let's get (the coffee )--- some coffee ...in the cafeteria.

4、需求礼貌用语---Do you want ...Would you mind...:

Do you want ...
    Would you mind...
    form a  polite request:
  like:
  hand me a plate
  handing me a napkin

how each one requests the other to do things.

Do you want ...
    some pizza?  Thank you. 
    Could you ...
    please hand me a plate?
    Delighted. 
  Here's a slice for you. 
  Thank you.
    Would you mind...
    handing me a napkin?  Sure.

hand me a plate
    Could you please ...?

handing me a napkin
    Would you mind ...?

hear a  command,
    like "Hand me a  plate"
      or "Hand me a napkin," 
      followed by a cue word:
      either  could or would.
      use the cue word 
      and the command to
      form a  polite request.
      For example, you  hear.. .

Hand me a napkin. . . would. 
      Would you mind ....
      handing me a napkin?
      Pass me a plate . . . could. 
      Could you please...
      pass me a plate? 

Would you mind ...?
        Could you ...?
        Help me with my homework. . .  would. 
          Would you mind ....
          helping me  with my homework?
          Tell me what time it is . . .  could. 
          Could you please.... ....?
          Speak more slowly, please. . .  would.
          Would you mind....?
          Tell me the meaning of these  words . . . could.
            Could you please....?

And now, could you please ....
        go on  to the next lesson?

二、基本句子:

too: Jane likes to play basketball, and Judy does too.
either:Jane has never enjoyed English,  and her sister hasn't either. 

the:You have no vested interest in  the station.   
some: Do you have some time  to  help  me?
a:    I have to write  a  paper.

Could: Could you please hand me a  plate?
  Would: Would you mind handing me a  napkin?

1、too,rither的用法:

Jane likes to play basketball, and Judy does too.
Jane has never enjoyed English, and her sister hasn't either.
Both girls can't spell, and I can't either.
Jane is good at mathematics, and  Judy is too.

Jane likes to play basketball. Judy  likes to play basketball. 
Jane likes to play basketball, and  Judy does too. 
  Jane has never enjoyed English. Her sister has never enjoyed  English.
  Jane has never enjoyed English,  and her sister hasn't either. 

Jane likes to play basketball. Judy likes to play basketball.  Jane likes to play basketball, and Judy does too.
  Jane has never enjoyed English. Her sister has never enjoyed English.  Jane has never enjoyed English,  and her sister hasn't either.
  Jane and Judy can't spell. Their mother can't spell.  Jane and Judy can't spell, and  their mother can't either.
    Rita is a good tennis player.  Mike is a good tennis player.  Rita is a good tennis player, and  Mike is too.
  Terry brought a turkey sandwich  for lunch.  Steven brought a turkey sandwich  for lunch.  Terry brought a turkey sandwich for  lunch, and Steven did too.
  Chris couldn't answer any  questions. Jake couldn't answer  any questions.
  Chris couldn't answer any  questions, and Jake couldn't  either.   

2、 in --in the 用法的正误及其改错:

You have no vested interest in  the station.   
You had access to the editing room.     

Chris works in news department of WEFL.
== Chris works in the news department of WEFL.

She has no vested interest in station.
==She has no vested interest in the station.

Chris works in news department  of WEFL.  == Chris works in the news  department of WEFL.
  She has no vested interest in station.  ==    She has no vested interest in the  station.   
  The meeting will take place in  conference room. == The meeting will take place in the conference room.
  There are editing rooms and  control rooms at station. ==There are editing rooms and  control rooms at the station.
  When pizza arrived, she offered  some to the detective. == When the pizza arrived, she  offered some to the detective.

3、判断选择正误a,an,the,some的用法:

Do you have some time  to  help  me?
    I'd like  some  advice.
  I have  some  problems.
    Let's get  some  coffee.
    I have to write  a  paper.
    I am  a  French teacher, after all.
    Maybe I can find  a  simple  explanation.
    What's  the  problem?
    I understand the problem you're  having.

Do you have a time (to )help me?  Do you have some time to help  me? == Do you have some time to help  me?   
  What's the problem? What's( a  ) problem?  ==What's the problem?
  I have to write a paper. I have to write (the) paper.  ==  I have to write a paper.
  I'd like( the) advice. I'd like some  advice.==  I'd like some advice.
  I have some problems. I have (the )  problems. == I have some problems.
  Let's get some coffee in  the cafeteria.  Let's get (the )coffee in the  cafeteria.  ==Let's get some coffee in the cafeteria.

4、Could , Would 需求礼貌用语:

Could you please hand me a  plate?
  Would you mind handing me a  napkin?

Could you please pass me a plate?

Hand me a napkin. . . would.  Would you mind handing me a  napkin?
  Pass me a plate . . . could.  Could you please pass me a plate?
  Help me with my homework. . .  would.    Would you mind helping me  with my homework?
  Tell me what time it is . . .  could.  Could you please tell me what  time it is?
  Speak more slowly, please. . .  would.  Would you mind speaking more  slowly, please?
    Tell me the meaning of these  words . . . could.  Could you please tell me the  meaning ofthese words?

三、场景学习
场景twin daughters Jane  and Judy. ,too,either的用法:

1、引导语:

This is Lesson Ten.  Listen to this woman as she tells  us about her twin daughters, Jane  and Judy. Notice how she makes  comparisons, telling us what they  do and what they don't do.

2、情景:

I have two daughters who are identical twins. Their names are  Jane and Judy. They're so much  alike that even I can't always tell  them apart, and I'm their  mother! They even think and act  alike. For example, Jane likes to  play basketball, and Judy does  too. Jane is good at mathematics  and Judy is too. But when it  comes to English, Jane has never  enjoyed it, and her sister hasn't  either. They studied English for  years with the best teachers, but  Jane never received good grades, and Judy didn't either. That's  because both girls can't spell.  Not even the easiest words. And  you know what? I can't either!

3、学习:

Now listen and repeat.

and Judy does too
      Jane likes to play basketball

and Judy is too
      Jane is good at mathematics
      Jane is good at mathematics, and Judy is too.
      Jane is good at mathematics, and  Judy is too.

her sister hasn't either
      Jane has never enjoyed English

and I can't either
      both girls can't spell
      Both girls can't spell, and I can't  either.
      Both girls can't spell, and I can't either.

4、引导学习Combine both  sentences into one sentence:

Now you're going to hear two  sentences. Combine both  sentences into one sentence, Hke  this. You hear. . .    Jane likes to play basketball. Judy  likes to play basketball.  And you say . . .  Jane likes to play basketball, and  Judy does too.    Or you hear. . .  Jane has never enjoyed English. Her sister has never enjoyed  English.  And you say. . .  Jane has never enjoyed English,  and her sister hasn't either.  All right. Let's begin.

5、练习:

Jane likes to play basketball. Judy likes to play basketball.  Jane likes to play basketball, and Judy does too.
  Jane has never enjoyed English. Her sister has never enjoyed English.  Jane has never enjoyed English,  and her sister hasn't either.
  Jane and Judy can't spell. Their mother can't spell.  Jane and Judy can't spell, and  their mother can't either.
    Rita is a good tennis player.  Mike is a good tennis player.  Rita is a good tennis player, and  Mike is too.
  Terry brought a turkey sandwich  for lunch.  Steven brought a turkey sandwich  for lunch.  Terry brought a turkey sandwich for  lunch, and Steven did too.
  Chris couldn't answer any  questions. Jake couldn't answer  any questions.
  Chris couldn't answer any  questions, and Jake couldn't  either.   

四、场景学习----in --in the 用法的正误及其改错:

1、引导语:

Now listen to part of the  dialogue between Chris and  Detective Modine. They're discussing who might have sabotaged the station. Modine has just told Chris that he thinks  she's responsible. Notice the use of the definite article the to refer  to things that are familiar or that  have already been referred to.  Ready? Listen.

2、情景:

You were around every  time it happened. You  have no vested interest in the station.  This is so unfair of you. I don't know how you could  possibly think that I had anything to do with it.  Come on, Chris. You had access to the editing room.    What were you doing here  late one night?  Was that you sneaking  around that night?  You're the one under  investigation.

3、学习:

Now listen and repeat.

in the station 
  in the station

to the editing room
  to the editing room
  you had access   
  you had access   
  You had access to the editing  room.       
  You had access to the editing room.     

4、引导学习:

Now you're going to hear some  sentences. Each of these  sentences should have the  definite article the. Repeat each sentence, putting the definite  article in front of the appropriate noun. For example, you  hear.. .   
  Chris works in news department of WEFL. And you say. . . Chris works in the news department of WEFL.Or you hear. . . She has no vested interest in station. And you say. . . She has no vested interest in the station. All right. Let's begin.

5、练习:

Chris works in news department  of WEFL. =  Chris works in the news  department of WEFL.
  She has no vested interest in station.  =    She has no vested interest in the  station.   
  The meeting will take place in  conference room.  =The meeting will take place in the conference room.
  There are editing rooms and  control rooms at station. =There are editing rooms and  control rooms at the station.
  When pizza arrived, she offered  some to the detective.  =When the pizza arrived, she  offered some to the detective.

五、场景学习:

1、引导语:

Now listen to this conversation between a student and her  teacher. Notice how they use  the, a or an, and some.

2、情景;

Excuse me, Mr. Douglas. I have  a small problem. Do you have some time to help me?    Of course, Melanie. What's the  problem?    I'd like some advice. I have to  write a paper for my European  History course. Is the paper about France? I am a  French teacher, after all. Yes, it is. I have some problems  understanding the French system  of government.  I understand the problem you're  having. Let's get some coffee in  the cafeteria. Maybe I can find a  simple explanation of France's government. Oh, thanks, Mr. Douglas.

3、学习:

Now listen and repeat.

Do you have some time to help  me?
  I'd like some advice.
  I'd like some advice.
  I have some problems.
  I have some problems.
  Let's get some coffee.
  Let's get some coffee.

I have to write a paper.
  I have to write a paper.
  I am a French teacher, after all.
  I am a French teacher, after all.
  Maybe I can find a simple  explanation.
  Maybe I can find a simple  explanation.

What's the problem?
  What's the problem?

4、引导学习:

Now you're going to hear a  sentence read two ways. One way  will have an incorrect form of  either the, a, or some. The other  will have the correct form.  Repeat the sentence with the  correct form. For example, you  hear.. .

Do you have a time to help me?  Do you have some time to help  me?    And you say . . .    Do you have some time to help  me?        Or you hear. . .  What's the problem? What's a problem?  And you say. . .    What's the problem?    OK? Let's begin.

5、练习:

Do you have a time to help me?  Do you have some time to help  me?   
  What's the problem? What's a  problem?  What's the problem?
  I have to write a paper. I have to write the paper.    I have to write a paper.
  I'd like the advice. I'd like some  advice.  I'd like some advice.
  I have some problems. I have the  problems.  I have some problems.
  Let's get some coffee in  the cafeteria.  Let's get the coffee in the  cafeteria.  Let's get some coffee in the cafeteria.

六、场景学习

需求的礼貌用语 Do you want ...Would you mind...:

1、引导语:

To end this lesson, let's listen to  some more of the conversation  between Chris and Detective  Modine. Notice how each one  requests the other to do things.

2、情景:

Do you want some pizza?  Thank you.    Could you please hand me  a plate?  Delighted.  Here's a slice for you.  Thank you. Would you mind handing me a  napkin?  Sure.

3、学习:

Now listen and repeat.

hand me a plate
  hand me a plate

handing me a napkin
  handing me a napkin
  Would you mind handing me a napkin?

4、引导学习could or would  polite request:

Now you're going to hear a  command, like "Hand me a  plate" or "Hand me a napkin,"  followed by a cue word: either  could or would. use the cue word  and the command to form a  polite request. For example, you  hear.. .

Hand me a napkin. . . would.  And you say. . .  Would you mind handing me a  napkin? Or you hear. . .  Pass me a plate . . . could.  And you say . . . Could you please pass me a plate?  OK? Let's begin.

5、练习:

Hand me a napkin. . . would.  Would you mind handing me a  napkin?
  Pass me a plate . . . could.  Could you please pass me a plate?
  Help me with my homework. . .  would.    Would you mind helping me  with my homework?
  Tell me what time it is . . .  could.  Could you please tell me what  time it is?
  Speak more slowly, please. . .  would.  Would you mind speaking more  slowly, please?
    Tell me the meaning of these  words . . . could.  Could you please tell me the  meaning ofthese words?

And now, could you please go on  to the next lesson? This is the end of Lesson Ten.
描述
快速回复

您目前还是游客,请 登录注册