• 5548阅读
  • 11回复

中高级篇第八册课文文本

级别: 管理员
LESSON 1 BUT PATRICIA HAS WORKED IN NEWS BEFORE.
Steven: While Maria is away, I want to plan some great shows. Let's discuss our best stories. Jake?
Jake: Abbott Larkin is building a new computer factory in Stamford. I want to interview him here at the studio.
Steven: Good. When?
Jake: Next month.
Steven: Tell me about stories we can do now.
Jake: The Natural History Museum has an exhibit on archaeology. Everyone says it's fabulous. I want to do a story on it.
Steven: That's good. Jim Stuart is doing a local story on the Nature Center. What are you doing, Connie?
Connie : I'm doing a story on employment agencies.
Steven: Really? Then maybe you can help me with a big problem. Maria's assistant is sick.
Connie : Oh, no. Kathy's sick? What's wrong?
Steven: She'll be OK, but she could be away for months .
Jake: You'll need help while Maria is away.
Steven: Who can we hire? Any ideas?
Connie: Patricia Woo is looking for a job now.
Steven: How much experience has she had in television?
Connie : She worked for a newspaper last year.
Jake: I know Patricia. She's never worked in television. Thomas Jones is good.
He was a writer at an advertising agency in 1990. Now he's a writer for a magazine.
Connie : But he's never worked in news.
Steven: He graduated from Columbia University last year. . . And Greg Olden went to Columbia, but he didn't graduate.
And Patricia Woo graduated from New York University three years ago.
Jake: Greg Olden was a cameraman.
Steven: He's never worked in news. . . But Patricia has worked in news before. I'll call Patricia. Then I'll talk to Maria about it.
Jake: That was easy.
Connie : We're lucky. It can be hard to find the right person. My next story is about employment agencies. Mike and I are going to two employment agencies this afternoon.
Connie : Every day employment agencies help companies find the right employees. They compare job qualifications and recommend the best people.
Yesterday we visited several agencies in Stamford to find out how they work. Mike, I'd like to see agents comparing people's resumes. Just photograph their discussions. We'll edit it later.
Man 1: This fellow has spent, if we look at it, from 1973 to 1989. . . as a scientist. So he was a scientist too.
Woman 1: John has a Ph. D. and Jim does too.
Man 1: All right. Now we'll look at Bob here. Well, you can see he started out as a teacher, but he was a science teacher, so he knows science.
Looking at it, Jim's also used computers. . . Bob has too.
Connie : Here, Mike. Let's film these two agents.
Woman 2: Uh, Sandy's worked as a computer programmer, but, uh, John hasn't.
Man 2: And, uh, what is his salary now ? Is that, uh, is that about right? Is he looking for any increase?
Woman 2: . . . I think it was about forty-three.
Man 2: All right, now who have you got over here? 
Woman 2: I have the guy for the training job. I think he is absolutely perfect! He is.
Man 2: . . . How many years' experience did he have working with them?
very solid work, uh, working with the, uh. . .
Man 2: When did he graduate and get his degree? 
Woman 2: Uh, he graduated in'84. John hasn't used an IBM computer before, and George hasn't either.
Man 2: Does he have children?
Woman 2: Oh! Yes, he does. He has one.
Man 2: . . . How many children does he have?
Woman 2: He has one. But he's willing to relocate. George really does have excellent references , and John does too. They're both very good.
只看该作者 1 发表于: 2008-02-16
LESSON 2 SINCE MARIA LEFT, I'VE BEEN SO BUSY I CAN'T THINK.

Steven: Since Maria left, I've been so busy I can't think. I've been fixing the house. I've been buying bady furniture. And I've been producing the shows. . .

What else? Oh. At night I've been putting up wallpaper in the baby's room. It's still a mess. . . How do parents do it all?
Imagine having three or four children! It's too much. . . And the money! Anne and I have been spending too much money.
Babies are expensive. . . . I like WEFL, but they can't pay me enough money. I'm going to look for another job. A big New York television station can pay me a lot more than I can make here.
Steven: Hello.
Sam: Hi. This is Sam Fich.
Steven: Sam. How've you been? I haven't seen you for a month.
Sam: I've been busy. I've been making a business deal in California. I'm in Aspen right now.
Steven: Yeah. I understand you're skiing with Maria.
Sam: We've made plans to meet this afternoon, but I can't make it, and I haven't been able to find Maria.
She moved to a different hotel. If she calls, tell her I'll meet her for dinner at the Grand Hotel at 8: 00.
Steven: OK. The Grand Hotel.
Sam: How's Anne?
Steven: Anne's fine. She hasn't been sleeping well lately, but the doctors say she's doing fine.
Sam: That's good. How've you been. . . Dad?
Steven: Oh, I've been working hard lately. I'm producer while Maria is away.
Sam: That's great. It sounds like you've been doing well. . . I've got to go. Uh, Maria can call me at the Grand Hotel. See you later.
Steven: Bye, Sam.
Steven: Connie, can I see you for a minute?
Connie : What can I do for you?
Steven: What have you been working on the last few days?
Connie : I've been working on the story on employment agencies.
Steven: I've been looking at your travel story. I think you need more interviews.
Connie : I think so too.
Steven: It's not where they've been that matters. It's what they did there. I want to know how they feel about their trip.
Connie : You're right. I'll do it right away.
Steven: That was easy. I've been expecting more trouble. Everyone has been very helpful. The stories have been good. It can't be this easy.
Steven: Jake, can I see you for a minute?
Jake: Hi.
Steven: Jake, what have you been working on since Maria left?
Jake: The archaeology story.
Steven: I looked at your story. What's the point?
Jake: Some archaeologists have discovered a fantastic treasure, and they're coming to New York.
Steven: And?
Jake: And what?
Steven: What does it mean to the average person in Stamford, Connecticut?
Jake: It's one of the most important scientific events of the year. It's a big story.
Steven: Jake, quit looking for big stories. I need local stories. Is a local scientist involved?
Jake: Maybe. I'll look. . . That's a pretty good idea.
Steven: Work with Mike. He'll help you.
只看该作者 2 发表于: 2008-02-16
LESSON 3 IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU'VE BEEN DOING FINE, STEVEN.

Connie : Have you been looking for a job? Try an employment agency. They find jobs for hundreds of people every day.
Are you an employer? And you tired of interviewing people ? Try an employment agency. Employment agencies have been helping employers find good people for fifty years.
In this report, we'll look at how employment agencies work. I wondered how long it would take a company to fill a position without using an employment agency. Stop, please. I have to write a new script.
Connie : An employment agency can help you find a job. They'll read your resume, interview you, and sugget jobs for you too.
Visiting an agency in Stamford, we asked this question: How long will it take a company to find the right employee without using an employment agency?
Man 1: If they are lucky, between six and seven weeks. We can do it in twenty-four hours.
Connie : The agents spend lots of time looking at resumes. Notice how they compare people who are looking for a job in a pharmacy.
Man 2: All right. Now we'll look at Bob here. Well, you can see he started out as a teacher, but he was a science teacher, so he knows science.
Woman 1: He worked as a scientist between 1988 and 1990.
Man 2: So he was a scientist too, now he's director of product development. OK. Now, you know, we'll look at John.
And we know that he al-he has a Ph. D. That's good. Now let's see if he's making the, um, tablets too.
Woman 1: John has experience with tablets, but Jim doesn't.
Connie : The employment agents look to see which people have used computers.
Man 2: Well, looking at it, Jim's also used computers. . . Bob has too. I would say both John and Jim have a significant advantage over Bob, but they-they just have more experience.
Connie : Many people have used either a computer or a word processor. It often helps if you've used one. Here's another pair of agents comparing computer programmers.
Woman 2: John hasn't used an IBM computer before, and George hasn't either.
Man 1: When he was at Emory, can you tell me what he did there?
Woman 2: He was a programmer. Sandy's worked as a computer programmer, but, uh, John hasn't.
Man 1: All right, now who have you got over here?
Woman 2: I have the guy for the training job. I think he is absolutely perfect! He is.
Man 1: Well, let me ask you this: Uh, how many years' experience did he have working with them?
Woman 2: He had, he had three years--but very solid work, oh, working with the, uh. . . ⋯
Man 1: When did he graduate and get his degree?
Woman 2: Uh, he graduated in'84.
Man 1: Dan has a Ph. D. and John does too. Did he supervise anybody over there?
Woman 2: He had--was on a team with about two people.
Man 1: Did he supervise them?
Woman 2: Yes, he did .
Man 1: OK. Good.
Connie : Agents have nice things to say about the people they see.
Woman 2: George really does have excellent references, and John does too. They're both very good.
Steven: Hello. Steven Winn.
Maria : Steven?
Steven: Maria! How's the vacation?
Maria : Just fine, Steven. How've you been doing?
Steven: Just great. I've been working hard. Everyone has been doing a great job. Oh, Kathy hasn't been feeling well.
Maria : Oh, that's too bad. What's wrong?
Steven: The doctor isn't sure.
Maria : Has she been at work?
Steven: No. She's been resting at home. The doctor wants her to stay in bed for two weeks or more. I hired Patricia Woo to take her place yesterday.
Maria : Who's Patricia Woo? How much experience has she had in television?
Steven: She hasn't worked at a television station before, but she was a reporter at a newspaper ast year.
Maria : Did you talk to Greg Older or Thomas Jones ?
Steven: Yes. I talked to Greg Olden and I talked to Thomas Jones too. They haven't worked at a television station either.
Maria : Why do you want to hire Patricia?
Steven: She has had experience as a reporter, but Greg and Thomas haven't.
Maria : She sounds good. I'll talk to her when I get back. Is everything else all right?
Steven: Connie has been working on a story on employment agencies. She's still working on it. Jake has been working on an archaeology story.
Maria : It sounds like you've been doing fine, Steven. I'll call again in a few days .
Steven: Bye, Maria. Have fun. . . Oh, Maria. . . . Maria? I almost forgot. Sam Finch called.
Maria : That's OK, Steven. Sam found me.
Steven: That's good. See you later.
只看该作者 3 发表于: 2008-02-16
LESSON 4 THE DOCTOR SAYS ANNE MIGHT HAVE THE BABY SOON.
TEXT
Steven: The doctor says Anne might have the baby soon. She has some pains, and the doctor's not sure. But I don't know.
She might not have it. What if she has it early ? She's almost two weeks early. I can't work while Anne is haveing the baby!
Steven: Connie? Can you come in here?
Steven: Connie, I might have to leave early today.
Connie : Uh-huh.
Steven: And I might not be in tomorrow or the next day.
Connie : Oh. Is the baby due?
Steven: Maybe. It might come any day now.
Connie : That's wonderful, Steven!
Steven: Yes, but Maria might not be back in. You might have to help me. Can you keep an eye on things for the next few days?
Connie : I don't know where everything is.
Steven: The schedules are on the desk. Everything is planned. Abbott Larkin might call. If he does, please schedule his interview for next month.
Connie : Next month any day?
Steven: Right. Bob Hammond might call. Please give him my home phone number if he calls.
Steven: Hello. Anne? OK. OK! OK! I'll be there in five minutes. I love you. . . This is it!
Connie : Do you want me to come with you?
Steven: No. Stay here. I'll call you.
Connie : Good luck, Steven.
Mike: Has anybody heard from Steven?
Jake: Not yet. . . These pictures are excellent, Mike. We got them from the Stamford Museum.
Mike: What's the story about?
Jake: It's about archaeology. Look.
Mike: Wow! Look at that!
Jake: This is the Mediterranean coast where King Herod built a city.
Mike: King Herod. From the Bible ?
Jake: Yes. . . And every year, people from all over the world come to dig here. This was a big city a long time ago.
Mike: What do they look for?
Jake: Anything. They might find statues, temples, coins, pottery. Who knows?
Mike: Do they find anything?
Jake: Sometimes they find things on the ground. Sometimes they find things under the ground or under rocks.
Sometimes they find things on top of walls. . . This man found a beautiful statue. There might be another one like it somewhere.
Mike: All those people digging in the ground. . . .
Jake: That's not the only place the dig.
Mike: What do you mean?
Jake: Herod's City was located on the coast. . . A lot of people look for objects that might be on the bottom of the sea.
Mike: You mean they might find objects in the water?
Jake: Yes. The city was once a major harbor. . . People have been digging for thirty years. . . They have uncovered only a small part of the city.
Mike: Wow! This sounds like a great story, Jake.
Jake: It may make a good feature.
Mike: You should interview that scientist at the Stamford Museum.
Jake: That's a good idea. Steven said he might be in his office this week. I'll call him.
只看该作者 4 发表于: 2008-02-16
LESSON 5 HE MUST BE TIRED TODAY. 

TEXT
Connie : Hello? Steve. . . Where are you? . . . At the hospital? . . . And? . . . Well, call us. . . Is there anything we can do? . . Good luck. . Bye.
Connie : I'm so happy for Steven. But I'm also a little jealous. It must be exciting to have a baby. . . I'm 33 years old. I've never been married.
Work has always been the most important thing. . . Is it worth it? Sure. There are things I've done that Steven hasn't done.
I've traveled around the world as a reporter. I've visited 50 countries. That's exciting too.
Mike: Have you heard from Steven?
Connie : He's still waiting. Poor Steven. He stayed up all night last night. He's on pins and needles.
Mike: He must be tired today. And he must be worried. Is Anne OK?
Connie : She's fine. She had pains this morning. She must be ready to have the baby.
Mike: So Steven won't be able to come in today.
Connie : That's OK. I have the schedules and the scripts. I'll be able to manage while he's gone.
Mike: He won't be able to see Jake's story on archaeology. We'll show it to him tomorrow.
Connie : I'm not sure he'll be able to come in to work tomorrow either, Mike.
Mike: Where's Maria?
Connie : Today's Thursday. Maria won't be back until Friday. I don't think she'll be able to see the story either.
Mike: Jake? Jake?
Jake: What? Oh. Sorry, Mike. I guess I fell asleep.
Mike: You must be really tired, Jake. You've been working hard on this story. You should take a day off tomorrow.
Jake: No, I won't be able to. Steven wants this story by Friday, and I might not be able to finish by Friday.
Mike: Let's see how it looks so far.
Jake: This is a story about the people who dig. They come all the way to Herod's City. They spend weeks looking through the dirt for pottery, coins, statues. . . They put string over the holes to help them make maps.
Mike: It must be hard work.
Jake: It is. But it's interesting too. They have no idea what might be under that wall. . . Or next to that wall. . . Or even on the bottom of the sea.
Mike: I still can't believe people spend all that time in the water. They must get pretty cold after a while.
Jake: It takes hours to find objects in the ocean. But they might discover a fantastic treasure down there.
Mike: What happened?
Jake: That's as far as I've gotten, Mike. I don't know what to do next.
Mike: You need to think of an ending. These pictures are so good.
Jake: I know. I just can't think right now. And I can't find the last tape I need.
Mike: I might be able to help you find it tomorrow. . . Look, Jake, you're tired. Let's call it a day. You'd better go home and get some sleep.
Jake: You're right, Mike. Thanks.
Mike: And I haven't eaten all day. I'd better get something eat.
只看该作者 5 发表于: 2008-02-16
LESSON 6 WELL, THE SHOW MUST GO ON.

Jake: Where's Maria?
Connie : I don't know. She might be caught in a snowstorm somewhere.
Jake: Try her house. She might be home.
Connie : I called. She's not there.
Jake: Where's Steven? Have you heard from him?
Connie : No, not yet.
Jake: Well, the show must go on. We'll be able to today's show without them.
Connie : No problem.
Jake: Except we can't find the scripts. Do you know where they are?
Connie : They must be on the bookshelf. I put them there yesterday.
Jake: Ah, here they are. Now where are the schedules?
Connie: They're on the shelf, Jake.
Jake: Here's a picture of Chris and me. Hey, I look great!
Connie : The schedules are next to the picture, under the videotapes. Quit admiring yourself, Jake.
Jake: This is a story about an ancient city which was built 3, 000 years ago by King Herod. . . Today, the city is buried under the water and under the sand of this Mediterranean coast.
Jake: Archaeologists look for the secrets that are buried here. . . They look for clues to Herod's ancient city.
Archaeologists look for objects. . . They look for pottery, statues, temples, and coins.
They hope these objects will help them understand the past. . . A small piece of pottery under a rock might be a clue to the past.
Jake: Archaeologists also look for objects in the sea.
Jake: Sometimes they find objects under plants or rocks on the bottom of the sea. . . It must be hard work.
But what keeps these people going? . . . All the time they wonder what might be under the next rock. . . When the archaeologists are under the water, they can't see things very clearly.
Archaeologist: There is something down there, but you're not sure exactly what it is.
Jake: The people of King Herod's city built a harbor in an impossible place. It's a very rocky coast. . .
They built walls of rock on the bottom of the sea. It took them ten years to build the harbor.
Jake: First, the people of King Herod's city built walls. . . Later, new people built walls on top of the old walls.
Jake: Most of the workers are college students. . . They start work at 4: 00 o'clock in the morning when it's cool. Others are teachers, pilots, doctors, lawyers, and journalists.
Volunteer: I like digging myself. You never know what's under the next boulder.
Jake: They must love it. They never stop working. They never give up. They just keep digging. . . They look everywhere:
on top of walls, . . . next to walls, . . . under rocks, . . . on the bottom of the sea. . . But in thirty years, only seven acres have been uncovered. Who knows what might be under the thousands of acres that are left?
只看该作者 6 发表于: 2008-02-16
LESSON 7 I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I SHOULD BUY.

Connie : That was a very interesting story, Jake. What will the archaeologists find?

Jake: I don't know what they'll find. They're looking for a temple.

Connie : How long will it take to uncover the city?

Jake: I'm not sure how long it'll take. Maybe a hundred years.

Connie : I wonder what Maria is doing. She should be back today.

Jake: And where's Steven?
Connie : We have a visitor.
Jake: Hey, look who's here!
Steven: It's a boy!
All: Great! All right! Congratulations!
Connie : How big is he?
Steven: 8 pounds, 4 ounces.
Connie : That's big.
Jake: And what's his name?
Steven: Peter.
Jake: Peter Winn. That's a good name.
Connie : What's his middle name?
Steven: I don't know what his middle name is yet.
Connie : You don't know?
Mike: You should call him Peter Steven Winn.
Steven: No.
Connie : What does Anne want?
Steven: I'm not sure what she wants as a middle name. We haven't decided yet. Well, Connie, we've been too busy.
Mike: We have another visitor?
Steven: Maria!
Maria : Steven! Congratulations.
Steven: Welcome home.
Maria : Do you have any pictures of little Peter Winn?
Steven: Not yet. . . Have a cigar. . . Have a cigar. . . Have a cigar. . . Have a cigar. . . Have a cigar.
Mike: Three cheers for Anne and Steven!
Maria : And little Peter Winn.
Steven: And welcome back, Maria.
Connie : We all hope you had a wonderful and successful vacation.
Mike: I should get a gift for Steven's baby, but I'm not sure what babies need. . . This is difficult. I'm not sure what they need. . . Does the baby need blankets?
Nah, they bought lots of blankets for the baby. . . I'll buy something fun. I should get him a toy. Yeah, a toy with bright colors! . . . But I don't know where I can buy a toy in Stamford.
I know, F. A. O. Schwarz in New York City. I'll bring a camera. Maybe Jim can do a story on the toy business.
Jim: OK. Let's go inside, Mike. I'm not sure what we'll need. Just get shots of interesting toys and shoppers shopping. Let's go.
Mike: I wonder how big F. A. O. Schwarz is.
Jim: Those dolls might be good for Steven's baby. What's the baby's name?
Mike: I don't remember what his name is. . . Those little girls are cute.
Jim: Yeah. They'll make a good picture for the story.
Mike: I wonder how much those video games cost.
Jim: Look at that one!
Mike: What's that?
Jim: That looks like fun!
Mike: Those teddy bears might be good for Steven's baby.
Jim: They look good.
Mike: I have to find something. I have no idea what I should buy. Maybe I should get a toy. What should I buy?
Jim: Don't get a toy. Get a teddy bear. He'll love it.
只看该作者 7 发表于: 2008-02-16
LESSON 8 THEY ALL TOLD ME TO BUY SOMETHING DIFFERENT.

Mike: I'm so confused. That toy store has everything. It has dolls, toys, stuffed animals, games, and new ideas. . . I don't know what to buy. I think I'll call WEFL and ask for advice.
Maria : It's winter, Mike. Buy a baby hat. My mother always told me to keep babies very warm.
Connie : It's easy, Mike. Buy some baby clothes. Anything pretty. But don't buy anything pink. Buy blue for baby boys.
Jake: Don't buy clothes. Buy something he can use. Buy a toy. Buy a toy football. Do you see any toy footballs at
F. A. O. Schwarz?
Mike: I still don't know what I can buy. They all told me to buy something different. Maria told me to buy some baby. Connie told me to buy some baby clothes.
Jake told me not to buy clothes. He told me to buy a toy football. And Jim told me not to buy a toy. He told me to buy a teddy bear.

Maria : Steven, did you check up on Patricia Woo before you hired her?
Steven: Well, not really. Why do you ask?
Maria : Patricia didn't tell the truth on her resume.
Steven: What? She lied?
Maria : Her resume says she was a reporter.
Steven: She told Connie she was a reporter.
Maria : She told a lie. The editor of the newspaper told me she was an assistant reporter. He told me she wasn't a reporter.
Steven: She wrote stories. I saw them. Have you talked to Patricia?
Maria : Yes. I told her to tell the truth.
Steven: And? What did she say?
Maria : She told me to read her stories. They prove she was a reporter.
Steven: Her stories are very good.
Maria: I know, and I like Patricia very much.
Steven: I'm sure that she's honest. Keep her, Maria.
Maria : OK. . . I'm sorry Kathy is sick. Have you talked to her?
Steven: Yes. The doctor told her to go home and get lots of rest. He told her not to go back to work for six months
Maria : Oh, dear. I'll have to call her right away.
Steven: She's exhausted. She was working too hard, Maria.
Maria : Just like you. You look exhausted.
Steven: The baby cries all night.
Maria : Steven, go home. Get lots of rest. Don't come back to work for three days.
Steven: With pleasure. See you later.
只看该作者 8 发表于: 2008-02-16
LESSON 9 BUT I'M NOT SURE WHAT WILL HAPPEN.
TEXT
Mike: Hi, everybody. We're back.
Maria : What did you get, Mike?
Mike: Take a look. . . We got a football.
Maria : Mike, we told you to buy baby presents.
Mike: Well, this seemed right for a little boy, and I had a football--
Maria : Excuse me for interrupting. Peter Winn is not a little boy. He's a baby. Return it to the store. Buy a baby present for a baby.
Mike: Like what? I don't know what babies need.
Connie : I told you to find some nice baby clothes.
Mike: Now I'm not sure what I should buy.
Maria : We should help Mike. I called Anne this morning because I want to get the baby a gift too.
Connie : What does Anne want?
Maria : She told me to get baby pajamas. She told me not to buy any toys. She has too many baby toys .
Connie : What color pajamas?
Maria : She told me to get blue pajamas. Mike, get some pajamas.
� Connie : Don't buy any toys . Go to a baby store--Baby Magic . It's right here in Stamford. Get blue pajamas. Pretty ones.
Connie : So how was your vacation?
Maria : It was wonderful. The snow was perfect. I skied every day.
Connie : And danced every night? How's Sam Finch?
Maria : He's OK.
Connie : Tell me the truth, Maria. What happened with Sam Finch?
Maria : We had a great time. But I'm not sure what will happen. We had a great time, that's all.
Connie : When will you see him again ?
Maria : I don't know. He had business in California. Can I tell you a secret? Don't tell anyone.
Connie : OK. What?
Maria : Sam's going to buy a television station there. . . Uh--guess what? I told Mike to get pajamas. Now I don't know what I should buy for the baby.
Jim: What should you buy for a little boy? Do you know what you should buy for a little girl? If you have no idea what they want, then F. A. O. Schwarz is the place for you.
It may be the biggest toy store in the world! And if you can't find the right present here, then you can't find it anywhere.
Today, we're shopping for someone special. Steven Winn, our director, has just had a little baby boy! So come on, we'll all go shopping!
Jim: I wonder where all these people come from. They can buy stuffed elephants, . . games. . . and bears.
Shopper 1: I'm shopping for my nephew. I have no idea what I should get him.
Jim: Maybe you'll find a toy at F. A. O. Schwarz.
Shopper 1: I'm not sure what I'll buy today.
Jim: Maybe a truck or a football.
Shopper 1: I don't know what I want to buy.
Jim: Dolls are popular. And I don't know where you can find better ones.
Jim: I wonder what this little girl will buy. I don't know which video game I like best.
Look at this stuff! I wonder what it is.
Jim: And that's F. A. O. Schwarz. It's still my favorite store. I guess there's still a child in all of us. There certainly is in me. I'm Jim Stuart reporting for "Hello America."
只看该作者 9 发表于: 2008-02-16
LESSON 10  COULD YOU TELL ME WHERE THE STAMFROD NATURE CENTER IS, PLEASE?
TEXT
Jim: We're lost. I'll ask for directions.
Jim: Could you tell me where the Stamford Nature Center is, please? . . . Straight ahead? . . . Do you know how far it is? . . . One mile? . . . Thanks.
Jim: You'll like the Nature Center. It's a great place.
Jim: We're here at the Stamford Nature Center with Assistant Director Brad Burnham. Brad, could you tell us a little about the farm?
Brad: We have a small New England farm here at the Stamford Museum and Nature Center. We have many types of farm animals here.
Jim: Could you tell our viewers how big the farm is?
Brad: The farm itself is probably not that big. I'd say maybe five to ten acres.
Jim: Do you know how many farm animals you have?
Brad: We have about 25 farm animals. We have pigs--two baby pigs--cows, sheep, chickens, ducks , and geese.
Jim: Can you tell me how old those pigs are?
Brad: Sure! They're six and a half weeks old.
Jim: Could you tell me how late the gift shop stays open?
Brad: It's open during the time when most visitors are here--from 10: 00 to 4: 00.
Jim: Can you tell me what the gift shop sells?
Brad: Postcards , birthday cards , nature posters, stuffed animals, and T-shirts.
Jim: Can you tell the viewers where the farm is located?
Brad: It's on Scofieldtown Road, near the Merritt Parkway.
Jim: Can you get here by public transportation?
Brad: Yes. There's a bus that stops here.
Jim: Do you know where the bus stops ?
Brad: At the front gate.
Jim: Thank you, Brad.
Jim: This is Jim Stuart at the Stamford Nature Center.
Jim: This is Jim Stuart for WEFL at the Stamford Nature Center.
描述
快速回复

您目前还是游客,请 登录注册