• 31271阅读
  • 231回复

西域散记

级别: 侠客
从我现在的第三阶段来看,每小时最多学20的单词。每天两个小时最多400个,三个月最多4000,这还不包括抄写,如果抄写可能就2000个单词。所以,当初,作者每天两个小时,三个月完成第三阶段,实在很让人生疑,应该是他的英语基础本来就不错了。
[ 此贴被xixixi在2008-11-24 23:42重新编辑 ]
只看该作者 1 发表于: 2008-05-09
第三阶段对听力的提高是非常明显的。而且,基本上,经过第三阶段读过的单词,在听到的都能想到,只不过,有些当时不知道意思。但知道是哪个单词。
级别: 管理员
只看该作者 2 发表于: 2008-05-15
影子一直坚持下来了,很好。有时间多写一些学习体会。
只看该作者 3 发表于: 2008-05-24
突然有种想法是不是第三阶段可以像第一阶段那样,快速突破呢,我们之所以不能快速通过第三阶段,是因为我们走得太慢。如果,用几天的时间,每天超过4个小时,是不是就可以结束呢了。
这两天我去试一试,10天我给大家结果。这十天内,我会每天记录下来学的内容和方法以及时间。
也算是个试验吧。
请老师监督我。
只看该作者 4 发表于: 2008-05-25
20080524日:晚家中停电。
20080525日:6:30~7:30 内容如下:
1.    Define: If you define something, you show, describe, or state clearly what it is and what its limits are, or what it is like. The Supreme Court decision could define how far Congress can go in trying to determine the outcome of court cases. I tried to define my own attitude: I found Rosie repulsive, but I didn't hate her.  ...a party with a clearly defined program and strict rules of membership.
2.    Defined:     If you define a word or expression, you explain it’s meaning, for example in a dictionary. When people are asked `What is intelligence?' they tend to reply: `I don't know how to define it, but I can certainly recognize it when I see It.'. Collins English Dictionary defines a workaholic as `a person obsessively addicted to work'.
3.    Supreme: Supreme is used in the title of a person or an official group to indicate that they are at the highest level in a particular organization or system. Macarthur was Supreme Commander for the allied powers in the Pacific. ...the Supreme Court....the Supreme Being.
4.    Supreme: You use supreme to emphasize that a quality or thing is very great. Her approval was of supreme importance. The lady conspired to seize supreme power.    We are supremely confident because we have the right mixture of skill and experience.    She gets on with her job and does it supremely well.
5.    Conspired: If two or more people or groups conspire to do something illegal or harmful, they make a secret agreement to do it. They'd conspired to overthrow the government. Mr. Farmer and Mrs. Jones both admitted conspiring to murder her husband. ...a defendant convicted of conspiring with his brother to commit robberies...    I had a persecution complex and thought people were conspiring against me.
6.     Conspire: If events conspire to produce a particular result, they seem to work together to cause this result. History and geography have conspired to bring Greece to a moment of decision. But fateful forces beyond the band's control were to conspire against them.
7.    Band: A band is a small group of musicians who play popular music such as jazz, rock, or pop. He was a drummer in a rock band. Local bands provide music for dancing.    See also one-man band.
8.    Band: A band is a group of musicians who play brass and percussion instruments. Bands played German marches. See also brass band.
9.    Band: A band of people is a group of people who have joined together because they share an interest or belief. Bands of government soldiers, rebels and just plain criminals have been roaming some neighborhoods. ...a small but growing band of Japanese companies taking their first steps into American publishing.   
10.    Band: A band is a flat, narrow strip of cloth which you wear round your head or wrists, or which forms part of a piece of clothing.  Almost all hospitals use a wristband of some kind with your name and details on it.
11.    Band: A band is a strip of something such as color, light, land, or cloth that contrasts with the areas on either side of it. ...Bands of natural vegetation between strips of crops... A band of light glowed in the space between floor and door.   
12.    Band: A band is a strip or loop of metal or other strong material which strengthens something, or which holds several things together. Surgeon Geoffrey Horne placed a metal band around the knee cap to help it knit back together....a strong band of flat muscle tissue.
13.    Band: A band is a range of numbers or values within a system of measurement. For an initial service, a 10 megahertz-wide band of frequencies will be needed....a new tax band of 20p in the pound on the first s2,000 of taxable income.
14.    Band: If something such as a tax is banded, it is divided into bands according to the value of the thing being taxed. (BRIT; in AM use be bracketed) They appear to rule out some of the ideas that have been mentioned-banding the tax so higher earners would pay more....a banding system based on property values... The choice will be between a flat rate or a banded charge.
15.    Frequencies:
16.    megahertz:
17.    tissue:
18.    knit:
19.    Surgeon:
20.    Hold:
21.    strengthen:
22.    glow:
23.    contrast:
24.    roam:
25.    plain:
26.    Rebel:
27.    Percussion:
28.    Fateful:
29.    Complex:
30.    Persecution:
31.    Robbery:
32.    Commit:
33.    Convict:
34.    Defendant:
35.    Admitted:
36.    Overthrow:
37.    Membership:
38.    Intelligence:
39.    Certainly:
40.    Tend:
41.    Workaholic:
42.    Obsessively:
43.    Addict:
只看该作者 5 发表于: 2008-05-25
有兴趣的同学可以和我一起学。每天我将学的内容贴上来,如果一起学,就可以节省您查字典的时间了。而且,大家还可以互相监督,不是很好吗?
只看该作者 6 发表于: 2008-05-26
20080526 早晨 1小时30分钟
15.    Frequency: The frequency of an event is the number of times it happens during a particular period.  The frequency of Kara's phone calls increased rapidly. The tanks broke down with increasing frequency.
16.    Frequency: In physics, the frequency of a sound wave or a radio wave is the number of times it vibrates within a specified period of time.  You can't hear waves of such a high frequency.  ...a frequency of 24 kilohertz. ...low frequency waves.
17.    Megahertz: A megahertz is a unit of frequency, used especially for radio frequencies. One megahertz equals one million cycles per second....UHF frequencies of around 900 megahertz.
18.    Tissue: In animals and plants, tissue consists of cells that are similar to each other in appearance and that have the same function. As we age we lose muscle tissue.  Athletes have hardly any fatty tissue. All the cells and tissues in the body benefit from the increased intake of oxygen.
19.    Tissue: Tissue or tissue paper is thin paper that is used for wrapping things that are easily damaged, such as objects made of glass or china.
20.    Tissue: A tissue is a piece of thin soft paper that you use to blow your nose. ...a box of tissues.
21.    Intake: Your intake of a particular kind of food, drink, or air is the amount that you eat, drink, or breathe in.  Your intake of alcohol should not exceed two units per day.  Reduce your salt intake.
22.    Intake: The people who are accepted into an organization or place at a particular time are referred to as a particular intake. ...one of this year's intakes of students...There was a proposal in the United States to quadruple its annual intake of immigrants.
23.    Intake: When someone takes an intake of breath, they breathe in quickly and noisily, usually because they are shocked at something. I heard, even over the babble of the crowd, a sharp, shocked intake of breath.
24.    Babble: If someone babbles, they talk in a confused or excited way. Momma babbled on and on about how he was ruining me. They all babbled simultaneously. `Er, hello, viewers,' he babbled.
25.    Babble: You can refer to people's voices as a babble of sound when they are excited and confused, preventing you from understanding what they are saying.  Kemp knocked loudly so as to be heard above the high babble of voices.  They began to curse and shout in a babble of languages.
26.    Shout: If you shout, you say something very loudly, usually because you want people a long distance away to hear you or because you are angry. He had to shout to make himself heard above the near gale-force wind.  `She's alive!' he shouted triumphantly.    Andrew rushed out of the house, shouting for help.  You don't have to shout at me.       I shouted at mother to get the police.    The driver managed to escape from the vehicle and shout a warning. The decision was greeted with shouts of protest from opposition MPs. I heard a distant shout. One of my grandchildren heard the shouting first.
27.    Shout: If you are in a pub and someone you are with says `It's your shout' or `It's my shout', they mean that it is your turn or their turn to buy a round of drinks. (BRIT, INFORMAL)
28.    Pub: A pub is a building where people can have drinks, especially alcoholic drinks, and talk to their friends. Many pubs also serve food. (mainly BRIT) He was in the pub until closing time. Richard used to run a pub.
29.    Rush: If you rush somewhere, you go there quickly.  A schoolgirl rushed into a burning flat to save a man's life.  Someone inside the building rushed out.  I've got to rush. Got a meeting in a few minutes. Shop staff rushed to get help.
30.    Rush: If people rush to do something, they do it as soon as they can, because they are very eager to do it.  Russian banks rushed to buy as many dollars as they could.    Before you rush to book a table, bear in mind that lunch for two would cost s 150.
31.    Rush: A rush is a situation in which you need to go somewhere or do something very quickly. The men left in a rush. It was all rather a rush. Then there was the mad rush not to be late for school.
32.    Rush: If there is a rush for something, many people suddenly try to get it or do it. Record stores are expecting a huge rush for the single....the rush for contracts.
33.    Rush: The rush is a period of time when many people go somewhere or do something. The shop's opening coincided with the Christmas rush. Apply before the rush starts....the annual rush to the beaches.
34.    Rush: If you rush something, you do it in a hurry, often too quickly and without much care. You can't rush a search.  Chew your food well and do not rush meals.    Instead of rushing at life, I wanted something more meaningful. The report had all the hallmarks of a rushed job.
35.    Rush: If you rush someone or something to a place, you take them there quickly. We got an ambulance and rushed her to hospital. Federal agents rushed him into a car. We'll rush it round today if possible.
36.    Rush: If you rush into something or are rushed into it, you do it without thinking about it for long enough. He will not rush into any decisions. They had rushed in without adequate appreciation of the task.  Ministers won't be rushed into a response. Don't rush him or he'll become confused. At no time did I feel rushed or under pressure.
37.    Rush: If you rush something or someone, you move quickly and forcefully at them, often in order to attack them. They rushed the entrance and forced their way in.    Tom came rushing at him from another direction.
38.    Rush: If air or liquid rushes somewhere, it flows there suddenly and quickly.  Water rushes out of huge tunnels.  The air was rushing past us all the time. ...the sound of rushing water. A rush of air on my face woke me.  ...the perpetual rush of the mill stream.
39.    Rush: If you experience a rush of a feeling, you suddenly experience it very strongly.    A rush of pure affection swept over him.  He felt a sudden rush of panic at the thought.
40.    Rush: Rushes are plants with long thin stems that grow near water.
41.    Rush: In film-making, the rushes of a film are the parts of it that have been filmed but have not yet been edited.
42.    Rush: If you are rushed off your feet, you are extremely busy. (INFORMAL)  We used to be rushed off our feet at lunchtimes.
43.    Triumphantly: Someone who is triumphant has gained a victory or succeeded in something and feels very happy about it.  Duncan and his triumphant soldiers celebrate their military victory.  The captain's voice was triumphant.  This trip was not like his first triumphant return home in 1990.  `I thought so,' Evelina said triumphantly.  They marched triumphantly into the capital.
44.    Panic: Panic is a very strong feeling of anxiety or fear, which makes you act without thinking carefully. An earthquake has hit the capital, causing damage to buildings and panic among the population.  I phoned the doctor in a panic, crying that I'd lost the baby.
45.    Panic:  Panic or a panic is a situation in which people are affected by a strong feeling of anxiety.    There was a moment of panic in Britain as it became clear just how vulnerable the nation was.  I'm in a panic about getting everything done in time. ...the wave of panic buying which broke out after the announcement of impending food price increases.
46.    Panic: If you panic or if someone panics you, you suddenly feel anxious or afraid, and act quickly and without thinking carefully.  Guests panicked and screamed when the bomb exploded.  The unexpected and sudden memory briefly panicked her. The Government has been panicked into giving us a promise to abolish it.
47.    Abolish: If someone in authority abolishes a system or practice, they formally put an end to it. The following year Parliament voted to abolish the death penalty for murder.    The whole system should be abolished.
48.    Penalty: A penalty is a punishment that someone is given for doing something which is against a law or rule.  One of those arrested could face the death penalty.  The maximum penalty is up to 7 years imprisonment or an unlimited fine.
49.    Penalty: In sports such as soccer, rugby, and hockey, a penalty is an opportunity to score a goal, which is given to the attacking team if the defending team breaks a rule near their own goal.  Referee Michael Reed had no hesitation in awarding a penalty.    Jonathan Davies scored a penalty goal.
50.    Penalty: The penalty that you pay for something you have done is something unpleasant that you experience as a result.    Why should I pay the penalty for somebody else's mistake?  It's a penalty of us being girls-sons have an easy time.
51.    hesitation:
52.    Referee:
53.    hockey:
54.    rugby:
55.    soccer:
56.    screamed:
57.    impending:
58.    vulnerable
59.    sweep:
60.    mill:
61.    stream:
62.    perpetual:
63.    tunnel:
64.    appreciation:
65.    ambulance:
66.    hallmarks:
67.    chew:
68.    coincide:
69.    gale:
70.    curse:
71.    Kemp:
72.    ruin:
73.    shock:
74.    immigrant:
75.    quadruple:
76.    exceed:
77.    fatty:
78.    Athlete:
79.    knit:
80.    Surgeon:
81.    Hold:
82.    strengthen:
83.    glow:
84.    contrast:
85.    roam:
86.    plain:
87.    Rebel:
88.    Percussion:
89.    Fateful:
90.    Complex:
91.    Persecution:
92.    Robbery:
93.    Commit:
94.    Convict:
95.    Defendant:
96.    Admitted:
97.    Overthrow:
98.    Membership:
99.    Intelligence:
100.    Certainly:
101.    Tend:
102.    Workaholic:
103.    Obsessively:
104.    Addict:
只看该作者 7 发表于: 2008-05-26
呵呵!终于看到xixixi的脚印了!和呵呵!!加油哦!我们一起努力!! 我也开始学了,希望找到纵向法的真谛,加油!!!
让暴风雨来的更猛烈些吧
只看该作者 8 发表于: 2008-05-26
如果你也在第三阶段的话,那就不用另开贴了,欢迎你加入我的帖子。
咱俩做个百日贴,好吗?
只看该作者 9 发表于: 2008-05-26
请教孙老师一个问题,读过的单词是否需要记住,是否需要复习?
描述
快速回复

您目前还是游客,请 登录注册