• 32145阅读
  • 394回复

压码鉴赏与评析外语教学法系列《七个外语成功者》为你解惑

级别: 管理员
只看该作者 10 发表于: 2010-05-24
Preface

‘One of my students has been doing amazingly well in Norwegian. Would you like to
talk with her? Maybe you can find out how she does it,’ a colleague said to me one
day.
‘Fine,’ I replied. ‘How about Tuesday between ten and eleven? Maybe we can
tape it.’
That conversation led me to a series of interviews with seven outstanding adult
language learners. The accounts given here are based on hour-long recorded
conversations I had with them. Later I conducted similar interviews with a number
of other learners about whose overall ability I knew nothing. Readers are invited to
become acquainted with all these people, and in this way to test and develop their
own understanding of how second languages are learned. Names and a few
unimportant details have been changed, but the interviewees are not fictional, and
they are not composites. They are real individuals.
When I began the interviews. I was hoping to find out what the successful learners
did alike. If we could teach their secrets to our students, I thought, then everyone
else could become as successful as the people I had talked with. It soon became
apparent, however, that learners are even more different from one another than I
had expected. Success with foreign languages, I found, does not come by one simple
formula. Although this fact was negative, it was useful.
But as I listened to those good learners, I also found something very positive:
many of the things they were describing fitted well with one or another abstract,
theoretical concept in the field. Yet they do not provide unambiguous vindication for
any one model of second language acquisition. Each model will find in these
interviews some confirmation, but also some challenge.
In the first seven chapters, I will first let you hear what the learners themselves
actually said. Then I will provide a few comments on some of the principles
illustrated, and suggest how you may work critically with the ideas, perhaps in the
company of one or two friends or colleagues. There are also step-by-step
descriptions of some specific techniques. The book ends with a summary of what I
thought I saw these learners doing, a sketch of how I myself would probably
approach a new language, and a brief statement of what these interviews have meant
to me as a teacher.
xi
xii Preface
As a group, these interviewees differ from many other language learners. I think.
however. that the most significant lesson to be learned from them is their diversity. I
assume that comparable contrasts in special abilities and individual preferences
would be found among any group of language learners, no matter what their ages or
occupations.
As with all self-reports, we must of course keep alert for possible self-deceptions
in what these interviewees tell us. I am confident, however, that their intentions
were honest. and I believe that most of what they said was accurate. As we spoke, I
tried not to put words into their mouths, but only to reflect what 1 thought they were
telling me. In editing the tapes, I have occasionally omitted material for the sake of
brevity, and have felt free to reorganize or rephrase in order to improve clarity.
Throughout, however, I have been careful not to change emphases or to tamper
with the wording of key points.
We still must keep in mind certain limitations on such data. For one thing, in
interviews of this kind we hear not what people actually did, but only what they
thought they did - or what they claim they thought they did. For another, although I
tried very hard not to lead the interviewees, they still may have been telling me what
they thought I thought they should be saying.
These interviews are - or claim to be - accounts of experiences. Popper seemed to
think that hypotheses or myths or ‘conjectures,’ as he liked to call them, can in
principle come from almost anywhere including experience (1976). According to
him, what is essential about conjectures is not their origin, but that they be stated in
a way that allows for potential falsification, and then that they be tested in ways that
honestly try to falsify them. McLaughlin, on the other hand, believes that ‘recourse
to conscious or unconscious experience is notoriously unreliable and hence cannot
be a source of testable hypotheses about the learning process’ (1987: 152).
Even if McLaughlin is right, however. I think such interviews can be of real and
legitimate interest to students of second language learning.
n To begin with, we must remember that the interviewees’ statements are in fact
data - not. to be sure, data about what they did, but data about what they said
they did. And these data too are to be accounted for. So, for example, Frieda’s
statement that memorized words became permanently available to her after she
had once used them for real. but also that memorizing them ahead of time was
useful, is a datum - a datum that can be explained in one (or perhaps in both)
of two ways: Either she was trying to demonstrate that she had been
conforming to some norm that she thought was correct, or she was reporting
fairly accurately on what she in fact frequently did. In this book, I am not
presenting the accounts of Frieda and the others as descriptions of ‘the learning
process ,’ but only as data - data which may possibly become sources for
conjecture about learning.
n As data, these statement sometimes fit in with various theories of second
language learning, and sometimes challenge them. Whenever there is an
Preface xiii
apparent inconsistency between one of these statements and a given theory,
then the theory must either show that the statement should not be taken
seriously, or it must show how the statement is in fact consistent with it after all,
or the theory must modify itself accordingly.
On a purely practical level, in the reactions of the hundred or so language
teachers who have looked at and commented on these stories, I find, time and
again. frequent strong identification with one or another of the interviewees.
Again on the practical level, the personae of the interviewees have turned out
to provide convenient pegs on which my students have often been able to hang
some of the more abstract ideas about second language learning.
And finally, becoming acquainted with these gifted learners has frequently
opened my students’ minds to the diversity of learning styles that they are likely
to encounter in their own classes.
Other books I have written have been for language teachers only. Here, I am
writing also for learners. If you are a language teacher, the experience of working
through this book will make you better acquainted with the language learner in
yourself. Then you will be more clearly aware of the preferences and prejudices that
you bring to your work. The experience may also make some of your students’
differences from you seem less strange. It may even make strangeness itself less
threatening. Not least, it should give you a solid skepticism at any simple conclusions
of any methodologist, including me.
If you are in the process of learning a new language, you can use this book in
three ways:
1 As you read each description, ask yourself, ‘How am I like this successful
person? How am I different from her or him? Which of them is most like me?
In what ways am I different from all of them?’ Your answers to these questions
will help you to understand your own individual abilities more fully. The better
you understand your abilities, the more effectively you can use them. And of
course the more effectively you use your abilities, the more easily you will
learn.
2 As you work through the other parts of each section, ask yourself, ‘How can I
apply this principle or this technique in my own study?’ Your answers will give
you a better understanding of language learning in general. This understanding
may help you to add to your natural abilities. It may also make you more
patient with your fellow students. And it will help you to see why your teacher
sometimes uses techniques that do not exactly fit your own style of learning.
3 After you have worked through several of the interviews, ask yourself, ‘In
spite of the diversity, is there after all some pattern that emerges from what
these people are saying?’ I hope you will consider that question carefully
before you look at my tentative answers to it in the last chapter.
But in the end. we will not arrive at any simple formula or set of gimmicks. A few
readers may find it helpful to pattern themselves after Carla or Derek or one of the
other successful learners. Most of us, however, will profit best from carefully
xiv Preface
observing all of them and then drawing on our observations, the better to
understand and guide our own language-learning selves or those of our students.
Earl W. Stevick
Arlington, Virginia

前言

Preface  One of my students has been doing amazingly well in Norwegian. Would you like to talk with her? Maybe you can find out how she does it,’ a colleague said to me one day.‘Fine,’I replied. ‘How about Tuesday between ten and eleven? Maybe we can tape it.’前言: 我的一位学生在挪威做了一件令震惊的好的学习方法,你想跟他谈谈吗?也许你可以找到他问问他是怎样做的,一位同事对我说了一天,好吧,我说,那十号或者十一号怎没样,也许我们可以带上她一起谈谈。这样的语言就是标准的谈话语言,描写的是心里的思考过程的英语,你用汉语和应用于写出来都是一样的,这样的语言的写作方式,你要学会写出汉语日记,就等同于英语日记。
   That conversation led me to a series of interviews with seven outstanding adult language learners. The accounts given here are based on hour-long recorded conversations I had with them. 这些对话让我做成了一个系列专访,叫做七个成功的语言学习者。这些案例都是我真实的同他们一个小时谈话的记录。
   Later I conducted similar interviews with a number of other learners about whose overall ability I knew nothing. Readers are invited to become acquainted with all these people, and in this way to test and develop their own understanding of how second languages are learned. Names and a few unimportant details have been changed, but the interviewees are not fictional, and they are not composites. They are real individuals.后来我有做了一次类似的采访,对方都是一些不知道真实能力的学习者,请读者一起结识他们,并用这种方式来测试一下,如何理解第二语言的习得而来,虽然一些名称和具体的细节进行了更改,但是被采访者是真实的个人,不是拼凑在前一起的。
  When I began the interviews. I was hoping to find out what the successful learners did alike. If we could teach their secrets to our students, I thought, then everyone else could become as successful as the people I had talked with. It soon became apparent, however, that learners are even more different from one another than I had expected. Success with foreign languages, I found, does not come by one simple formula. Although this fact was negative, it was useful.当我开始采访的时候,我希望找出什么是成功的学习者,但是实际上是没有一样的。如果我们可以教给学生这些秘密的话,我想可能每人都会成为一个非常成功的学习者,来和我家交谈,他很快就会进步明显,但是学员们语我的预期是不同的,他们并不仅仅满足语这些进步,我又发现外语学习的成功,没有一个公式,尽管这是消极的,但是也很有用。
   But as I listened to those good learners, I also found something very positive: many of the things they were describing fitted well with one or another abstract, theoretical concept in the field. Yet they do not provide unambiguous vindication for any one model of second language acquisition. Each model will find in these interviews some confirmation, but also some challenge.但是就像我听到的这些好学生,我也找到了一些积极地意义,很多的事情自己装着一个具体的例子,总比一些抽象的概念要好得多,在这个外语学习的理论概念的领域里,但是他们并没有提供一些相反的模型,来进行第二语言的学习,每一种学习方法的采访,都会得到一些实证,同时也会遇到挑战。
   In the first seven chapters, I will first let you hear what the learners themselves actually said. Then I will provide a few comments on some of the principles illustrated, and suggest how you may work critically with the ideas, perhaps in the company of one or two friends or colleagues. There are also step-by-step descriptions of some specific techniques. The book ends with a summary of what I thought I saw these learners doing, a sketch of how I myself would probably approach a new language, and a brief statement of what these interviews have meant
to me as a teacher.在前七章里,我首先让你听到学习者的真实说法究竟是什么,然后,我会提出一些原则性的意见进行说明,并建议你如何开展工作,如何进行思考,提出自己的批评意见,可能是一个公司里面的几个和几个朋友或者同事,还有一些具体的操作步骤的描述,在该书的结尾的总结里,你可能看到我描述学习者是如何做的,我的想法是什么,以及我提供了怎样的一种新的学习方法,以及这些访谈有什么意义,作为一位老师我的简短的声明。
xii Preface  As a group, these interviewees differ from many other language learners. I think. however. that the most significant lesson to be learned from them is their diversity. I assume that comparable contrasts in special abilities and individual preferences would be found among any group of language learners, no matter what their ages or occupations.第十二前言:作为一个群体,这些受访者是不同语言学习者,我想,但是,他们最大的教训是学习的多样性,我假设这些学习这是可以对比的话,他们的学习爱好和特殊能力之间,你就会发现在任何的学习语言的群体里,不管他的年龄和职业都是这种差异造成的。
  As with all self-reports, we must of course keep alert for possible self-deceptions in what these interviewees tell us. I am confident, however, that their intentions were honest. and I believe that most of what they said was accurate. As we spoke, I tried not to put words into their mouths, but only to reflect what 1 thought they were telling me. In editing the tapes, I have occasionally omitted material for the sake of brevity, and have felt free to reorganize or rephrase in order to improve clarity. Throughout, however, I have been careful not to change emphases or to tamper with the wording of key points.正如所有的自我报告,这些受访者告诉了我们什么呢,就是所有的人都让我们保持一种自我欺骗,这一点我是深信不疑,然而他们的意图是诚实的欺骗,我相信他们说的是准确的,当我们说话的时候,总是努力不在口里说出这些话,而是一些反应了他们以为怎么怎么的话,告诉我们,在编辑这些磁带的时候,我为了简洁的原因,偶尔会省略一些内容,为了清晰度,可能会进行组合和整理,不过,自始至终,我一般不轻易删除一些觉得重要观点的说法。
   We still must keep in mind certain limitations on such data. For one thing, in interviews of this kind we hear not what people actually did, but only what they thought they did - or what they claim they thought they did. For another, although I tried very hard not to lead the interviewees, they still may have been telling me what they thought I thought they should be saying.我们仍然需要记住一些数据的局限性,在采访的时候,我们听到的一些人的说法,实际上并没有做,只是他们想的应该怎样做,就声称他们想的的已经做过了,我一直努力使自己不要暗示什么,他们仍然一直告诉我的是,以为我想得到的什么,才是他们应该说的是什么。
   These interviews are - or claim to be - accounts of experiences. Popper seemed to think that hypotheses or myths or ‘conjectures,’ as he liked to call them, can in principle come from almost anywhere including experience (1976). According to him, what is essential about conjectures is not their origin, but that they be stated in a way that allows for potential falsification, and then that they be tested in ways that honestly try to falsify them. McLaughlin, on the other hand, believes that ‘recourse to conscious or unconscious experience is notoriously unreliable and hence cannot be a source of testable hypotheses about the learning process’ 这些采访是,或者说是一些经验,似乎认为是一些假设了,神话了,或者猜想什么的,因为他喜欢这样称呼他们,这些原则几乎来自任何地方,或者经验,据说,什么是必不可少的猜测,不是他们本身要这样,但是他们通过说明的方式,或者不自觉的伪造了事实自己还不知道,然后在测试他们的方法的时候,是一种诚实的伪造,不是故意的,另一方面可能这些有意、无意的经验也是不可靠的,因此不能很好地对一种学习方法进行假设。这个问题其实是很普遍的,这些不自觉的造假自己是不自然的,也无法预防。
   Even if McLaughlin is right, however. I think such interviews can be of real and legitimate interest to students of second language learning.尽管存在着上述的假设可能是正确的,但是,我仍然认为,这些采访的结果,对于学习第二语言来说,是真实、合法、有效的。
   To begin with, we must remember that the interviewees’ statements are in fact data - not. to be sure, data about what they did, but data about what they said they did. And these data too are to be accounted for. So, for example, Frieda’s statement that memorized words became permanently available to her after she had once used them for real. but also that memorizing them ahead of time was useful, is a datum - a datum that can be explained in one (or perhaps in both) of two ways: Either she was trying to demonstrate that she had been conforming to some norm that she thought was correct, or she was reporting fairly accurately on what she in fact frequently did. In this book, I am not presenting the accounts of Frieda and the others as descriptions of ‘the learning process ,’ but only as data - data which may possibly become sources for conjecture about learning.首先,我们必须牢记,这些被采访者是陈述,实际上是数据,不,是真实的,是关于他们做了什么的数据,但是这些数据他们说他们做到了,而这些数据就被计算在内,因此,举例来说,比如有人说他背单词以后永久地记住了,他们在用的时候是真实的记住了,但是记住的前提是有用,是在这样的基准条件下,一个可以解释一个单词,或者2个数据,两种可能,要么他想表明,符合一种规范,是正确的,要么就是他经常做,所以记得就非常准确了。这本书里面,我不认可这种说法,我只是将他作为一种数据。可能作为学习猜想的来源。
  As data, these statement sometimes fit in with various theories of second language learning, and sometimes challenge them. Whenever there is an Preface xiii apparent inconsistency between one of these statements and a given theory, then the theory must either show that the statement should not be taken seriously, or it must show how the statement is in fact consistent with it after all, or the theory must modify itself accordingly.作为一种数据,这些陈述有时各种第二语言的理论,有时会面临一些挑战,无论如何,在第十三序的时候,就出现了生命和理论明显不一致的情况,那么理论必须证明是不严重的问题,或者必须证明事实必须是一致的,或者理论必须进行相应地修改。
  On a purely practical level, in the reactions of the hundred or so language teachers who have looked at and commented on these stories, I find, time and again. frequent strong identification with one or another of the interviewees.在一个真实水平,在反应一百种语言的老师,这个老师评论过这些故事,或者研究过,看到过,有人学会了100种语言,我发现,一次又一次,你会认同其中的一个或者另外一位受访者。
   Again on the practical level, the personae of the interviewees have turned out to provide convenient pegs on which my students have often been able to hang some of the more abstract ideas about second language learning.再说实际水平,一位受访者,可以比较方便地提供,经常放弃一些比较抽象的想法,对于第二语言来说。这就是说,学习第二语言,对于受访者来说,他们不喜欢一些抽象的想法,所以也阻碍了他们试图的努力。
  And finally, becoming acquainted with these gifted learners has frequently opened my students’ minds to the diversity of learning styles that they are likely  to encounter in their own classes.最后,随着越来越熟悉这些自治优秀的学生,慢慢开阔了我的学生的头脑,以及各种学习方式,他们很可能说多样的,但是总会遇到自己同类的学习方法。
   Other books I have written have been for language teachers only. Here, I am writing also for learners. If you are a language teacher, the experience of working through this book will make you better acquainted with the language learner in yourself. Then you will be more clearly aware of the preferences and prejudices that you bring to your work. The experience may also make some of your students’ differences from you seem less strange. It may even make strangeness itself less threatening. Not least, it should give you a solid skepticism at any simple conclusions of any methodologist, including me.在其他的书里,我只为语文老师而写,而在这里我的写作也是为了学习者,如果你是语文老师,你的工作经验,再加上通过这本书让你的学生更好地认识自己,然后你会更加清醒地认识到,喜好和偏见,会带到你的工作中,这些经验你的学生也可以做到,从你的有很大差异的学生那里也不会太陌生了。她身世会使得自己变的不再陌生,远离危险,同样重要的是,在任何固有的怀疑的方法中,你应该下这样一个结论,包括我自己在内。方法对不对,先不要下结论,不妨试试再说。你就不会在对那些感觉特别优异的学习方法敬而远之了。
  If you are in the process of learning a new language, you can use this book in three ways:如果您在学习一种新语言的过程中,你可以使用这本书
三种方式:
  1. As you read each description, ask yourself, ‘How am I like this successful person? How am I different from her or him? Which of them is most like me? In what ways am I different from all of them?’ Your answers to these questions will help you to understand your own individual abilities more fully. The better you understand your abilities, the more effectively you can use them. And of course the more effectively you use your abilities, the more easily you will learn.当你读到每个描述的时候,问问自己,我怎样才能喜欢上这些成功的人,我怎么就和他或者她不同呢?其中我更喜欢哪一个?在所有的方案中,我与他们有什么不同?对这些问题的自我回答,你将会对自己了解地更充分,你能更好地了解自己的能力,更有效地使用他们,当然,更有效地使用自己的能力,你会更容易地学习。
2. As you work through the other parts of each section, ask yourself, ‘How can I apply this principle or this technique in my own study?’ Your answers will give you a better understanding of language learning in general. This understanding may help you to add to your natural abilities. It may also make you more patient with your fellow students. And it will help you to see why your teacher sometimes uses techniques that do not exactly fit your own style of learning.当你的工作时,通过每一节的其他部分,问问自己,'我怎样才能适用于自己学习这个原则或这项技术?'你的答案会使你更深入的了解语言学习的一般规律。这种理解可以帮助你增加你的自然能力。它也可能让你与你的同学看到学习很多毛病。它会帮助你明白为什么你的老师有时使用的技术,不完全适合您自己的学习风格。
3 After you have worked through several of the interviews, ask yourself, ‘In spite of the diversity, is there after all some pattern that emerges from what  these people are saying?’ I hope you will consider that question carefully before you look at my tentative answers to it in the last chapter. 在通过一些采访以后你的工作,问问自己,尽管学习方法是多种多样的,但是从这些人口里面说的一些方法中,毕竟用一些模式适合自己,你能认真地思考这些问题,在你看完我最后一张的答案之前。
  But in the end. we will not arrive at any simple formula or set of gimmicks. A few readers may find it helpful to pattern themselves after Carla or Derek or one of the other successful learners. Most of us, however, will profit best from carefully xiv Preface observing all of them and then drawing on our observations, the better to understand and guide our own language-learning selves or those of our students. Earl W. Stevick  Arlington, Virginia但是在最后,我也不会提供简单的公式,少数的学习者,可能会发现对自己有帮助的模式,在卡拉、德里克,或者其他成功学习者的经验以后,我们中的大多数,最好会仔细地阅读十四前言,遵守所有对我们到意见而收益,更好地理解并引导自己学习,或者我们的学生。

伯爵W.施特维克
弗吉尼亚州阿灵顿

只看该作者 11 发表于: 2010-05-24
References

McLaughlin. Barry, Theories of Second-Language Teaching (Edward Arnold. 1987).
Popper, Karl, Unended Quest (Fontana/Collins, 1976).

Acknowledgements

This book has been made possible by generous help from many sources. Allen
Weinstein, a colleague at the Foreign Service Institute of the United States
Department of State, got me started on the underlying research. Another FSI
colleague, Madeline Ehrman, contributed to the project in many ways. Later, Ron
and Ana Maria Schwartz, on the faculty of the University of Maryland (Baltimore
County), provided valuable criticism and encouragement. My students in four
consecutive classes at UMBC worked through the interviews with me, and so
contributed to the comments I have added. Dorothea Thorne, Donna Lewis, Max
Desilets, Brian and Vicki Smith, Donna Congedo, Barbara Carter and Susan Nevins
gave helpful suggestions for the last chapter. Most of all, however, I am grateful to
the interviewees themselves for their cooperation, and for permission to quote
anonymously from what they told me.

参考资料
麦克劳克林。巴里,第二语言教学理论(爱德华阿诺德。1987年)。
波普尔,卡尔,Unended探索(丰塔纳/柯林斯,1976年)。
鸣谢
这本书已成为可能的来源有很多慷慨的帮助。艾伦温斯坦,在外交事务学院美国同事国务院,让我对基础研究的开始。另一消防装置同事,马德琳陆国际律师事务所,促成了许多方面的项目。后来,罗恩和安娜玛丽亚施瓦茨,在美国马里兰大学(巴尔的摩教授县),提供了宝贵的批评和鼓励。我的学生在四在布克班连续工作,通过与我的采访,等促成我加入评论。多萝西娅索恩,唐娜路易斯,马克斯Desilets,布赖恩和维基史密斯,唐娜孔杰多,芭芭拉卡特和苏珊内文斯最后一章给予了有益的建议。最重要的,但是,我很感谢受访者对自己的合作,并允许引用匿名从他们告诉我。
只看该作者 12 发表于: 2010-05-24
Chapter One
An Intuitive Learner

Ann learning Norwegian
Ann was a dignified, well-educated woman married to a fairly senior official. She
had visited many parts of the world and become competent in several languages. At
the time of our interview, she and her husband were studying Norwegian in
preparation for a tour of duty in Oslo.
1.1 As language comes in
In the first half of her interview, Ann talked mostly about how she went about
taking in new language from wherever she found it.
1.1.1 Taking language in through the ear
I I
n Four qualities that correlate with success in academic
language study (Carroll).
Starting with a clean slate (Nida).
I I
Hearing was clearly very important to Ann. ‘I think I’m different from most people,’
she said. ‘They depend on seeing. I don’t think I learn much through my eyes,
through looking at the printed page. I seem do to most of my learning through my
ears. And another thing,’ she continued, ‘I don’t know why, but I can reproduce the
sound.’
‘You not only hear it in your mind, you also make it aloud.’
‘Yes. Of course I make mistakes in Norwegian. A lot of times in Norwegian the
same letter will have different sounds. Something like in English. But the printed
word -- I tend not to read it as if it were English. If the teacher says a letter a i s
pronounced ‘ah’ in one word and ‘ae‘ in the next word, whatever she says, I try to
remember it.’
‘It doesn’t bother you that the letters don’t fit the sounds very well.’

Chapter One
An Intuitive Learner
Ann learning Norwegian
Ann was a dignified, well-educated woman married to a fairly senior official. Shehad visited many parts of the world and become competent in several languages. At the time of our interview, she and her husband were studying Norwegian in preparation for a tour of duty in Oslo.
第一章
直观的学习
安:挪威语学习者
安,是一个有尊严的,受过良好教育的女性,嫁给一个相当高级官员。她曾访问过世界上许多地区,成为多国语言能力。在我们采访时,她和她的丈夫正在研究在挪威准备一个在奥斯陆服役。

1.1 As language comes in
In the first half of her interview, Ann talked mostly about how she went about taking in new language from wherever she found it.
1.1由于语言进来
在她的采访上半年,安多次谈到有关她如何去学习新的语言,她从哪里找到它..
1.1.1 Taking language in through the ear  通过耳朵学习语言
          1  Four qualities that correlate with success in academic language study (Carroll). 语言学习成功者必备的四个基本素质(卡罗尔)
          2 Starting with a clean slate (Nida).开始用干净的石板(奈达)。

Hearing was clearly very important to Ann. ‘I think I’m different from most people,’she said. ‘They depend on seeing. I don’t think I learn much through my eyes,through looking at the printed page. I seem do to most of my learning through myears. And another thing,’ she continued, ‘I don’t know why, but I can reproduce the sound.’ 听力的听清是非常重要的,对于安来说,我觉的我与大多数人来说是不同的,她说,他们一来用眼睛看,我不认为我的学习是依靠我的眼睛,学到很多,通过在打印页面上寻找,我似乎大多数做的都是通过我的耳朵,另外的,他继续说,我不知道为什么,我能重现声音
‘You not only hear it in your mind, you also make it aloud.’你不只是在你的心里听到他的声音,你也能够使他大声地重现声音。

‘Yes. Of course I make mistakes in Norwegian. A lot of times in Norwegian the same letter will have different sounds. Something like in English. But the printed word -- I tend not to read it as if it were English. If the teacher says a letter a i s pronounced ‘ah’ in one word and ‘ae‘ in the next word, whatever she says, I try to remember it.’ ‘It doesn’t bother you that the letters don’t fit the sounds very well.’是的,当然,我在挪威语学习中出现了一些错误,很多时候挪威语的字母会有不同的发音,有时就像英语,但打字,我倾向于不去看他,好像她是英语,如果老实说,一个字母a 是ah的声音,在我们的单词里面,在下一个单词中是‘ae‘,无论他说什么,我都尝试记住它,这不打扰你,字母没有适合的声音非常好。
只看该作者 13 发表于: 2010-05-24
2 Success with Foreign Languages
‘No. The teacher knows Norwegian. She’s speaking, and I’m learning through my
ear, and she’s communicating, and my eye doesn’t play an important part in my
learning.’
‘What you’re talking about here is your readiness to simply take these things in,
without feeling that you have to systematize them in some way? Is that the . . .’
‘That’s correct. And there’s another thing. I consciously.. . I wash out all the
other languages I know, English or Italian or German or whatever. I don’t know
how else to describe it. I just wash them out, and in this way I make my brain
receptive for the new . . . the new stimuli.’
Comments
From time to time, students have told me that they simply cannot remember words
or sentences unless they see them written down. Other students seem less dependent
on the written word. Clearly Ann was a member of this second group. Here at the
very beginning of the first interview we meet a theme that will run throughout this
book: gifted learners are quite a diverse lot.
As Ann spoke, I recalled something written by John Carroll, who was the
principal designer of the widely used Modern Language Aptitude Test. He lists four
qualities that seem to him to correlate with success in academic language study:’
1. The ability to identify distinct sounds and to tie them to written symbols.
2. The ability to recognize the grammatical function of words.
3. The ability to learn rapidly to tie new words to their meanings.
4. The ability to identify the regularities that exist in the language we meet - to
see what works and what does not.
Ann seemed to be verifying the first of Carroll’s guesses. Would the other three fit
Ann’s experience too, I wondered?
I also remembered some advice from Eugene Nida.2 Nida has helped thousands
of people to become highly competent in hundreds of languages around the world.
In his book on how to do it, Nida says that his first principle of language learning is
to ‘start with a clean slate.’ Ann’s ‘washing out’ her other languages was a close echo
of that.
Working with the ideas
1. So far, we have learned at least four things about Ann as a learner of
languages:
n She uses her ears much more than she uses her eyes.
n She is good at making sounds she has heard only a few times.
m She does not mind that the spelling system of her language is irregular.
n She does not feel that everything she learns has to fit into a clear system.
Which of these characteristics do you think will help her most in learning
Norwegian? How will it help her?
2. How do you compare with Ann on each of these four points?

2 Success with Foreign Languages 成功学外语
‘No. The teacher knows Norwegian. She’s speaking, and I’m learning through my ear, and she’s communicating, and my eye doesn’t play an important part in my learning.’ ‘What you’re talking about here is your readiness to simply take these things in, without feeling that you have to systematize them in some way? Is that the . . .’‘That’s correct. And there’s another thing. I consciously.. . I wash out all the other languages I know, English or Italian or German or whatever. I don’t know how else to describe it. I just wash them out, and in this way I make my brain receptive for the new . . . the new stimuli.’不,老师懂的挪威语,她的发言,我通过耳朵学习,与他进行沟通,我的眼睛在我的学习中没有起到什么重要的作用的组成部分,你考虑问题究竟是怎样的一个过程,这里是你愿意简单化地做一些事情,消化吸收融入一些东西,只是你没有感觉到,你必须系统化他们,用某些方法,那是,那是正确的,还有另外一种情况,我自觉地。。。最自己进行洗脑,清洗掉了自己所有知道的东西,英语、意大利语、德语,或者任何其他语言。。。我不知道怎样来描述形容他,我刚将这些语言清除出来,用这种方式,我使得自己的大脑,去接受一些新的东西。。。新的刺激。
Comments 评论
From time to time, students have told me that they simply cannot remember words or sentences unless they see them written down. Other students seem less dependent on the written word. Clearly Ann was a member of this second group. Here at the very beginning of the first interview we meet a theme that will run throughout this book: gifted learners are quite a diverse lot.一次又一次,学生告诉我,他们不能记忆这些简单地单词和句子,除非他们看着这些单词和句子写下来,而其他的学生视乎不太依赖听写,不太依赖文字,清楚地,安就属于这第二类学习者的成员,在这里我们开始第一次采访,我们见面的时候,采访的主题,将始终贯穿着本书:优质的学生具有相当的多样化。
As Ann spoke, I recalled something written by John Carroll, who was the principal designer of the widely used Modern Language Aptitude Test. He lists four qualities that seem to him to correlate with success in academic language study:’由于安的发言,引起我回顾了一些作者,比如约翰。克罗尔,他是这些原则的设计师,广泛使用现代语言能力测试的人,他列举了四种素质,似乎与他的语言学习成功相关的素质:
1. The ability to identify distinct sounds and to tie them to written symbols.
2. The ability to recognize the grammatical function of words.
3. The ability to learn rapidly to tie new words to their meanings.
4. The ability to identify the regularities that exist in the language we meet - to
see what works and what does not.
一是能够识别不同的语音并配合书面符号,二是能够认识单词的语法功能,三是具备快速学习的能力,并配合生词的意思,四是能够总结出确切的规律,哪种在见面中使用的语言客观存在的规律,去看看什么的可行,什么方法不可用。
Ann seemed to be verifying the first of Carroll’s guesses. Would the other three fit Ann’s experience too, I wondered?安似乎验证了克罗尔的第一个猜想,请问其他的三个对于安来说,会怎样,是不是适合她,我也想知道。
I also remembered some advice from Eugene Nida.2 Nida has helped thousands of people to become highly competent in hundreds of languages around the world. In his book on how to do it, Nida says that his first principle of language learning is to ‘start with a clean slate.’ Ann’s ‘washing out’ her other languages was a close echo of that.我还记得一些建议,那是尤金。尼达提出来的,尼达的意见已经帮助数千人变得非常能干,每人都会几百种语言,遍布世界各地。尼达说的第一条语言学习的法则,就是开始用一块石板,而安的关于冲洗淘汰掉其他语言的方法,到与尼达的法则非常接近地回声。
看到整个关于小女孩安的故事,我们不妨来说说压码听清、压码看清和压码注音,压码模仿,压码跟读的关系。充分利用耳朵的作用,打通耳朵,而且不自觉的可以在心中回响声音,安有点我们的压码听清的味道,用耳朵听音来洗刷其他的学习能力,实际上就是我们压码法的各种方法的分解训练,我们辅导大量学员证实,压码听清并不是什么特殊的天赋,而是几个小时可以辅导学员可以做到的,并且曾经创造了连续辅导200多学员一次辅导几个小时达到压码听清的目标,压码学员的耳朵确实的很尖的。
再来说压码看清,这个训练似乎一点都不比压码听清逊色,实际上这是更加强调了眼睛的作用的分解训练,将压码听清的程度细化到听清每个连贯在一起的句子、文章到整部电影的字母精确读音的程度,而压码注音就解决了安所谓的语音和字母读音不一致的问题,这个问题是各种外语普遍存在的,挪威语是这样,英语也是这样,实际上任何外语都是这样,因为这都是自然的变音形成的。我们到压码注音的范例,大家在练习的时候,很多人在几分钟磁带里面,首次就会出现几百甚至上千的语音错误,而我们的范例都以书面可以看到的方式,连续不停磁带,一次性地进行了纠正,达到了精细语音的程度。语音看得见摸得着,这是很多人无从设想过的。
压码模仿只要通过一次训练,就可以做到学会腹部呼吸,连续不停的几千遍甚至一口气上万个句子,一个语音连续不停模仿一遍全部达到精细的模仿能力,快速高效地接近于磁带原音,这也使得很多学员无比地震惊。
实际上安能够利用一个耳朵的听力,抑制掉其他学习感官的功能,这种分解训练是可以一次强化训练得到的能力,没有什么了不起。也是值得肯定的。但这只是一个成功学习者而已,而压码听清学习法是可以快速进行大量复制学习者的。究竟安的听力达到什么程度,压码注音看到听力精细程度才是直观的见证人。
而尼达的第一条学习法则,其实和安的学习还是不同的,因为尼达的原则还有配合书写符号的作用,而安是清洗掉眼睛看到的文字,而尼达的开始学习就是一块石板的说法和安的清洗大脑原有的能力,来强化耳朵的听力自然吸收语音的语音,道理是一致的,但是尼达更强调了眼睛的作用,我们可以一下子将耳朵提高的精细的灵敏度,实际上也同样可以一下子将眼睛的灵敏度,提高了看清每个字母的精细读音的程度,将字母读音不一致的钉在一致的读音字母上,这才是压码看清的真正威力。是否可以做到,就只能用压码注音出来的注音符号来检验你的听觉和视觉的灵敏度。
如果尼达能够知道数千人,遍布世界各地的学习者,都达到了每人学会了数百种语言,看来他的学子法则就不得不引起重视了。

分解训练的目的是一次训练实现一个感官的超长发挥,学习的感官有耳朵、眼睛、嘴巴、手和大脑,所以我们有一次听清的压码听清学习法,有用眼睛一次看清字母读音的压码看清学习法,有用手一次连续抄写的压码抄写学习法,有用嘴巴一次实现精确模仿的压码模仿学习法,有连续不停压码跟读不同速度20%速度到400%甚至个别学员达到800%速度的压码跟读训练法,可以直接连续跟读几个小时的电视语音。
有分解还需要有合成,压码听清5个小时可以做到了,听清不是听懂,但是深度听清就可以直接做到听懂,模仿不是口语,但是压码朗读拓展训练就可以从看着文本朗读到角色扮演提问回答问题,到离开文本连续不停几个小时说口语,第一次学会说几个小时的口语,就是合成训练的结果。
Working with the ideas工作与思考
1. So far, we have learned at least four things about Ann as a learner of languages: She uses her ears much more than she uses her eyes. She is good at making sounds she has heard only a few times. She does not mind that the spelling system of her language is irregular. She does not feel that everything she learns has to fit into a clear system.Which of these characteristics do you think will help her most in learning Norwegian? How will it help her?
2. How do you compare with Ann on each of these four points?
到目前为止,我们知道了安已经学会了四种语言的能力,一是她用耳朵超过了她的眼睛,二是她有一个好的听力,一个语音只用几次就听得很清楚了,这样说她离压码听清的能力还有很大胆差距,压码听清可以做到一次听清、突然听清、永久听清、听清任何语言的语音细节,原音再现在心中会想出来,三是她并不在意拼写,她的拼写系统是不规则的,实际上这就是没有做到压码看清语音细节精确到连续上小时的电影看到字母排列的读音上的原因,拼写是一个大问题,我们都会存在,原因是单词和句子的文本和磁带读音的不一致性,这个问题只能借助语眼睛将语音看到每个上小时连续不停的字母读音的细节上。需要练习的还很多。四是她不认为一些的学习需要融入一定明确的学习制度,这些特点,你认为哪一个会帮助她学会挪威语?它将怎样帮助她的?
你能否比较一下安与这四点之间的的关系是怎样进行的吗?
只看该作者 14 发表于: 2010-05-24
An intuitive Learner: Ann 31.1.2 Responding to nuances of pronunciation
        The ‘Language Acquisition Device.’
      Data: verbal and nonverbal.
          ‘Learning’ and ‘acquisition.’
Ann volunteered the information that she can also mimic people’s exact
pronunciation very closely.
‘That is to say, people who speak with different accents in English?’ I asked.
‘Yes, but I don’t use it in a comic sense. But I can hear it. Once we were in the
American Express office in Rome. and I turned to an Italian who was with me, and I
said, “Do you see those two American ladies? They’re from Tennessee.“’
‘And you turned out to be right?’
‘Yes. It was something about how they pronounced the words “eight, nine, ten”
when they were counting their money. And another time, at a party, I said to a
woman “You must come from Florida, and your husband, he’s almost from New
Hampshire.” And he turned white, and he said. “I’m from Lowell, Massachusetts!”
Lowell, you know, is right on the New Hampshire border. I can frequently do this,
though not always. But I hear. . .’
‘You mean that you pick up these impressions of sounds from various parts of the
country, sometimes consciously and sometimes not consciously . . .’
‘Yes.’
‘And that, once you have stored these impressions in your memory, all of this
information has somehow organized itself in your mind so that. . .’
‘Yes, that’s right.’
‘So that sometimes, though not always, you have the ability to apply that new
information to new things you hear, and identify where new people are from.’
‘Yes. I do that all the time.’
Comments
These days. specialists often talk about a ‘Language Acquisition Device,’ or ‘LAD.‘”
This may sound like some special little organ, located somewhere deep within the
brain. That is not what the specialists mean, however. Perhaps we can best think of
this so-called ‘device’ as a combination of two properties of the nervous system of
every normal person. The first property is that we take in and retain two kinds of
data: verbal data and nonverbal data. Verbal data consist of the sounds of the
language around us, and combinations of sounds, and how they do and do not occur
together. Nonverbal data include other kinds of sounds, and also all the various
sights and smells and tastes and feelings - whatever is going on around us. This is no
small accomplishment, because those sounds and other happenings are often

An intuitive Learner: Ann 3 一名直接吸收语言训练者
1.1.2 Responding to nuances of pronunciation 响应的发音的细微差别
很多人喜欢问:什么叫压码听清?就是细微语音的在心中回荡,当听到语音后可以极为精细地在心中回荡,当耳朵听到语音后,一边听一边想,同步进行,连续不停地听到一句,在心中回想一句。有的学员管这种压码听清叫做一心二用,实际上是可以一心多用,不单听到磁带可以回荡,我看到英语的文字也可以回荡出各种实况的英语语音,做到精细的把握住语音的细微差别,所以,看到这个题目倍感亲切,就像说我们自己和压码学员一样。
   在辅导学员压码听清的时候,我们对学员的初始英语听力灵敏度的测试,磁带连续不停地播放,不能暂停,不能复读,学员是否听清直接你不能知道对方听得怎样,所以有的以为听清了,实际上并没有真正的听清,因为他自己就没有一个判断听清的标准,我们可以让学员进行跟读一遍,一般的没有练习压码法的学员,一个三分钟磁带错误有几百处,什么叫做错误,就是和磁带的细微差别,有的一个只有7个单词的句子,竟然有40多处错误,学习英语十几年了竟然毫无所知。
   一般细微的读音经过慢放用20的速度就可得到放大的极其明显,甚至每增加5%的速度都有灵敏的差异,可以通过耳朵感受出来,一直到200%速度,一些学员继续训练一个小时就可以突然听清,打通耳朵,学员最高能力一直到训练到800%的速度。
    一些学员很向往压码听清,觉得这个方法很神秘,尤其是当对学员进行听力测试的时候,我让学员在20速度上进行连续不停跟读一个3分钟的磁带,跟读一遍结束,我对学员每个句子进行听力灵敏度的讲评,我听一遍学员跟读的声音就将学员3分钟跟读的语音和磁带3分钟播放的语音,全部精确的记住了,我说第一个句子你是这样读的,磁带是这样读的,错在哪里,能够压码听清的人听到并且记住的正确的读音应该怎样读,我也不在听学员和磁带的声音,就能一句一句进行讲评纠正。学员惊奇:怎么3分钟以后你还能每个句子将我的读音的细节记得这样精细,我自己都忘记了,学员平时自认为自己的语音还是很不错的,但是来到我这里一个句子至少有基础和磁带读音不一样的,有的一个句子只有几个单词,竟然有40多处错误,很不好意思,压码和不压码对于语音的细微差异怎么会有这么大呀?如果按照压码听清的标准,错一处是扣40分,几乎所有人都会达到负分几千到负分一万分。平时老师教的,自己学的,音标的标准读音都错了。感到很没有面子。实际上到目前为止进行测试的,还没有一位初始学习者有的正分的。
    这个听力误差都是巨大的,只有磁带的读音才是正确的衡量标准。不过,人与人这个差别最多几个小时就可以消除,有的学员最快的训练几遍就可以压码听清了,有的学员听力灵敏度差一些可能需要甚至辅导5小时以后才能帮助一次打通耳朵,逐步将学员的听力灵敏度调整到最佳状态。
   为什么我可以听一遍学员的跟读,就能记住学员的真实读音呢,实际上这个能力以后学员们自己都能做到,就是压码注音啊,学员跟读磁带,我在复制或者压码抄写下来的磁带文本上,连续不停地对学员的读音进行压码注音,所以几个语音学员跟读结束了,我就永久地记住了,磁带的语音一遍也可以永久地记忆,当然我可以在听学员一遍读音后,看着压码注音的文本,一句一句讲评纠正学员的错误读音了,第一天学员就学通过压码注音来快速实现压码听清,有的学员什么不需要等20%到200%等20个速度全部按照压码听清变速的上下震荡耳朵练习,有的实验一个3分钟磁带3-5的速度各自一遍就突然听清了。
   大家想想,什么叫自然吸收英语啊,一般听英语可以记住几天没有问题,进行压码注音的语音什么2年以后还能记住每个磁带句子的精确读音,大家学习英语记忆力差,不是你的耳朵有问题,不是天赋问题,就是你差这么5小时的压码听清训练,没有人教过你。如果听过的语音都能记住那有多好了。而且可以记住磁带的语音细微差别,这才是最主要的。
  下面这位安的例子,可以听到一个人的读音,说出他是哪里人,实际上就是记住了各种口音的语音细节而已。你听过的磁带就能一次一遍听连续不停突然听清,永久听清,英语听清了,其他任何语音都能听清,可以听清任何磁带,耳朵就一次性别打通了。
   1 The ‘Language Acquisition Device.’
   2Data: verbal and nonverbal.
      3‘Learning’ and ‘acquisition.’
   这个故事讲了3个问题,一是语言自然消化吸收的内部装置,二是口语和书面语的统计数据,三是训练和习得的关系。
   Ann volunteered the information that she can also mimic people’s exact pronunciation very closely. 安为我们提供了一个有用的信息,就是她还可以模仿人们的发音做的非常接近,有点像我们压码学员的味道。但是她没有说,是不是一遍听完一个人的跟读一个语音,就能精细的完全一样地模仿出来这个人的发音,如果是听像千万法一盘磁带,一句一句暂停、采用复读键复读,在模仿一个月可以模仿出来一个人的发音这没有什么,实际上大家听到那些千万法听清的学员的模仿录音,外行人听到的都认为很好,实际上一些达到千万法第四阶段、第五阶段的学员,在接受压码法辅导测试的时候耳朵灵敏度测试仍然还是不能得到正分的。是不是连续不停听完一遍就精切模仿的完全一致这一点很重要。
   辨认的听力你是没能听到 的,也不能知道他是否真的听清了,包括这位安小姐,只有进行测试一下连续不停跟读一遍磁带,看看才知道究竟是不是真的听清了。他没有提供安小姐的模仿语音,所以不得而知。但是我们是可以通过压码注音,将你听到的语音写在文本上,发送到论坛上,看看是不是完全正确,因为一些人表面上听清了,实际上听力灵敏度并不高。

‘That is to say, people who speak with different accents in English?’ I asked.‘Yes, but I don’t use it in a comic sense. But I can hear it. Once we were in the American Express office in Rome. and I turned to an Italian who was with me, and I said, “Do you see those two American ladies? They’re from Tennessee.“’ ‘And you turned out to be right?’ 那就是说,人们说英语的时候都是有口音的吗?我回答说,是的,但是我说英语的时候并没有一种漫画图像的感觉,而是我能够听到它,这是一次我在罗马的一家美国运通办公室里面的感觉。我转向一位和我一起的意大利人说,你看那两个美国女人了吗,她们是来自美国田纳西人。这个意大利人问道:你怎么证实你的判断,这是正确的呢?

‘Yes. It was something about how they pronounced the words “eight, nine, ten” when they were counting their money. And another time, at a party, I said to a woman “You must come from Florida, and your husband, he’s almost from New Hampshire.” And he turned white, and he said. “I’m from Lowell, Massachusetts!” Lowell, you know, is right on the New Hampshire border. I can frequently do this, hough not always. But I hear. . .’ 是的,我我听到了他们说这些单词的一些细节,你听这些单词“八、九、十”,当他们输钱的时候,我就听出来了她是哪里的人。还有一次,你一定是福罗里达州人的,你的丈夫几乎是新罕布什尔州人,罗沃尔,你知道,正确的说法应该是靠近新罕布什尔州的的边界的地方,我经常可以做到这一点,尽管不是所有的情况都是这样,但是我可以听出来那个人来自哪里。。。
‘You mean that you pick up these impressions of sounds from various parts of the country, sometimes consciously and sometimes not consciously . . .’‘Yes.’‘And that, once you have stored these impressions in your memory, all of this information has somehow organized itself in your mind so that. . .’‘Yes, that’s right.’你的是意思是说,你留下了这些印象,听到这些来自一个国家不同地方的声音的影像,有时是自觉的,有时是不自觉的。。。是的,并且一旦你储存了这些印象的语音细节,所有的信息,在你的大脑里面,就留下了他们是什么组织和单位的人的印象,所以会有分别人的区域能力那样的效果,是的,你说的对,也许是这样。
‘So that sometimes, though not always, you have the ability to apply that new information to new things you hear, and identify where new people are from.’ ‘Yes. I do that all the time.’所以,有时你可以听出来,尽管不总是这样都能听出是哪里人,你有这样的能力,你可以利用留意一些你听到新的信息,发现新人来自哪里,是的,我所有时间都是这样的。
Comments评论
These days. specialists often talk about a ‘Language Acquisition Device,’ or ‘LAD.‘”This may sound like some special little organ, located somewhere deep within the brain. That is not what the specialists mean, however. Perhaps we can best think of this so-called ‘device’ as a combination of two properties of the nervous system of every normal person. The first property is that we take in and retain two kinds of data: verbal data and nonverbal data.这些天,专家们经常谈论“语言习得获取装置”或者叫做“LAD”这些听起来好像特别小的器官,可能就位于大脑深处某个地方,这不是专家所说的什么意思,也许我们可以想象出来最好的可能是称作一种装置,在我们每位正常人的两种功能作用的神经系统里面,有这些装置组合在一起,第一个功能是我们可以听到输入语音信号,并且保留下来两个数据:口头数据和非口头语言的数据。
Verbal data consist of the sounds of the language around us, and combinations of sounds, and how they do and do not occur together. Nonverbal data include other kinds of sounds, and also all the various sights and smells and tastes and feelings - whatever is going on around us. This is no small accomplishment, because those sounds and other happenings are often jumbled and incomplete.  口头数据包括言语的声音,我们周围的声音和声音组合,以及他们是不是一起发生作用如何,非口头语言的数据,也是不同的,比如景点、气味、口味和感受什么的,但无论如何就在我们的身边,这就不是一个小小的成就,而是混乱和不完整的经常发生的事情。
只看该作者 15 发表于: 2010-05-24
4 Success with Foreign Languages

jumbled and incomplete. The second property is that without anyone telling us how
to do so, we organize all these data that we have taken in. Even when someone tries
to teach us something, the sense that we make of it may not be the sense that they
intended. Yet all this somehow gets organized in - or by! - our minds. And so,
within a few years, we become able to understand and then to speak. This, in a
special, technical sense, is what those specialists mean by ‘acquiring’ a language.”
Until a few years ago, people assumed that this natural ability to ‘acquire’ a
language died out at about the age of puberty. After that, it was thought, people
could gain control of new languages only by ‘learning’ them. In this special technical
sense, ‘learning’ is what we do in classrooms, with a textbook, focusing on one thing
at a time under the guidance of a teacher. More recently, we have begun to change
that view. It is still true that small children cannot learn from textbooks, of course.
But we are discovering that, to a greater or smaller extent, every adult can not only
‘learn,’ but also ‘acquire’ language.
In this sense, ‘acquiring’ a language means taking in sounds and experiences, and
then organizing them unconsciously. If that is true, then good acquirers ought to be
people who are particularly adept at taking in speech sounds, and at taking in
various things from their experiences, and at organizing these data, all at the same
time. In what she was saying about her ‘ear’ for sounds, Ann sounded like someone
who was remarkable at least in the first of these ways. But in order to hold on to
nuances of pronunciation (a kind of verbal data), connect them with where she knew
people were from (one variety of nonverbal data) and then use that information with
new people, she would have to be good in all three respects. That was what I was
thinking about as I spoke to Ann at the end of this segment.
Working with the ideas
Are you sometimes able to identify where people are from by the way
talk?
they
Which cities or parts of the country do you find it easiest to identify?
What characteristics of speech help you to identify them?
Do you know anyone who is good at mimicking the way other people talk?
How good a mimic are you yourself?
In your experience, how do people seem to react to someone who is good at
mimicry?
Why do you think they react in this way?

The second property is that without anyone telling us how to do so, we organize all these data that we have taken in. Even when someone tries to teach us something, the sense that we make of it may not be the sense that they intended. Yet all this somehow gets organized in - or by! - our minds. And so, within a few years, we become able to understand and then to speak is what those specialists mean by ‘acquiring’ a language.” 这第二个属性是,没有任何人告诉我们如何去这么做,我们费尽心思,采取所有的可能的办法和措施,就是不知道怎样将这些数据组织起来为我们所用。说起来容易做,做起来难。甚至当一些人试图教会我们一些东西,这种感觉,就像根本就不可能的空有美好的设想和他们预期的愿望而已。然而,所有这些做法,却得到一些组织机构蜂拥而上,人云亦云,就像真的要进入我们到大脑里面看个究竟,看看究竟大脑里面是不是真的有这么一些结构和装置,神经系统的功能之类的。只要大家采取习得的方式,只管静心去听,不管是否可以理解,几年以后,你就自然可以消化吸收、理解变成自己的东西,也就自己功到自然成,学会说英语,说外语了。这就是一些专家对于习得和获得的的意思。
    一些说不清楚的事情,大家就是喜欢人云亦云,我开始学习千万法的时候,是第一次得到郑赞荣老师这样的说法的,大家都是非常赞同,进入了习得的实践之中,可是大部分人的希望是落空了,因为他们就是以为自己大脑里面有一个外语的装置在哪里可以自然接受语言信息的,理解不理解没有关系,我是第一人发现英语和汉语之间理解不能融合的,当我提出英语的亲和力问题的时候没有引起任何人关注,也没有任何人有就办法解决。因为我的第一阶段基本功下的扎实,听清不是感觉可以听到就以为听清了,我是在3天的野三坡的洞里面,一回头的时候突然想到,听清是不是就是听到的可以回想出来,一旦看是回想,每个句子都辨别的极其清楚,一个句子一个句子都做到了压码心中会现出来
   而第二阶段练习压码听写在第四天回来,就异常兴奋告诉我正在上大学的侄子让他练习千万法,可是我自己并没有打算自己练习,因为我一个单词都不会是听写不出来的,我只是向教会他练习千万法,就自己利用每个句子的复制几遍来降低速度,同步看着文本进行压码抄写,这样压码抄写代替一个句子一个句子暂停的听写方法就产生了,由于我的听写是看着文本进行的,语音和文本就紧密地结合到了一起,跟读模仿起来采用自由英语软件进行,每个语音可以一口气模仿出来一个课文进行,跟着音频图感觉棒极了。
   而自己已经将新概念英语第二册第一盘磁带的语音模仿的滚瓜烂熟了,可是不懂仍然不懂,但是对于任何磁带的听写和连续不停跟读几个小时电视都不在话下。我才练习查字典,可是我记得第一次查字典是一个私人的对话的这单词,几个单词竟然有100个不懂得单词,经过几个月练习我已经可以猜出了四个单词的意思,这样不会的单词我有查科林斯字典仍然有100多个不会的单词,我练习了一个小时不到就想出了办法,不能这样横向练习,必须进行纵向查找,这是我的压码抄写是起到了巨大作用,每个句子科林斯字典最多的有50个单词的长句子,我可以将它拆成7短进行连环朗读一遍就记住语音,自己听写自己朗读的读音,朗读和听写同步进行,我一个单词的单词页一般1-2分钟就可以抄写下来基本就可以记住语音了。我并不知道千万法系习得练习多数人是是否理解不理解都无所谓的大众心理。我连连环朗读者听写字典都感觉这样理解速度太慢,我连续进行朗读而不听写和抄写字典了,当自己纵向朗读了20多个层次单词的时候,一下子就理解了一个单词的解释页,一个小时就可以完全返回全部单词了。我看到一些人老是说查字典多么难,我实在控制不住,就写下来第一个帖子一个小时学会纵向法查字典的方法。
   我理解的千万法是听到的听清,听清的写下来,写下来的读出来,读出来的读懂,读懂的自己脱离课文说出来,而其他一起学习的学员已经半年了,还是停留在什么叫听清,听写不出来的随便写一个代替就可以了,听清不需要听懂等等所谓的习得英语的争论上。何止是几个月不能听懂,有的学员几年下来,竟然有长期不能听懂的问题,天天听那些不能理解的磁带,以为不知哪天就可以突然的理解了。
   更为可笑的是一些反对千万法的人,批评千万法不能听懂,一些赞成千万法的竟然说千万法就是只要听清不需要听懂的,原来支持者和反对者完全是一样的观点,竟然天天正的面红耳赤。
  其实,压码听清的深度听清,就可以做到压码听懂,我们在后来辅导学员时候,学员压码清以后,就可以一边讲解,一边练习呼气压码一个句子,多重压码几遍每个连续的句子,吸气压码一个句子,以控制吸气的时间来决定压码多个句子,以保持一定距离的长度连续压码长句子,一边每个句子心中会想几遍,三个句子都多重压码回想,回想后在将前面三个句子一起回想一遍,这样多重压码听清和压码多个句子结合,连环压码听清,如果多少有点基础的学员,深度听清了就自然听懂了。我们练习这些深度听清,基本只是一边3分钟就增加一个新的练习。听清了就能通过深度听清达到听懂。所以支持千万法和反对千万法的人都是错误的,你认为千万法习得英语只能听清,不能听懂是错误的,你认为千万法只要习得听清,不需要听懂这样支持更是错误的,你们都认为千万法是不能听懂的,你们观点是一致的,争论个什么劲头。
   什么是真正的习得英语,就是只要训练,就可以一次听清,打通耳朵关,并且只要压码语音好文本,将二者联系起来就可以自然理解,这样就可以自然消化吸收英语了。而那些天天只是听英语磁带,不管学习效果的,几年还不能听懂,本身就说明自己的习得有问题。
    Until a few years ago, people assumed that this natural ability to ‘acquire’ a language died out at about the age of puberty. After that, it was thought, people could gain control of new languages only by ‘learning’ them. In this special technical sense, ‘learning’ is what we do in classrooms, with a textbook, focusing on one thing at a time under the guidance of a teacher. More recently, we have begun to change that view. It is still true that small children cannot learn from textbooks, of course. But we are discovering that, to a greater or smaller extent, every adult can not only ‘learn,’ but also ‘acquire’ language.  直到几年前,人们认为人类这种自然获得语言的能力在青春期的时候,就已经消失了,我们从这个特殊技术的感觉上来体验的,只是在教室里面怎样做,拿着一本书进行练习,重点地是指的是这样的事情,就是在老师指导下进行练习的改革上。最近,我开始改变这种想法,习得学习仍然是事实,小孩子不能拿着书本去习得,这是理所当然的,但是,我们讨论的结果是,我们仍然承认这样一个事实,就是成年人都可以或多或少地进行习得训练,并且有可能消化吸收“获得”一种语言的基本技能。
In this sense, ‘acquiring’ a language means taking in sounds and experiences, and then organizing them unconsciously. If that is true, then good acquirers ought to be people who are particularly adept at taking in speech sounds, and at taking in various things from their experiences, and at organizing these data, all at the same time. In what she was saying about her ‘ear’ for sounds, Ann sounded like someone who was remarkable at least in the first of these ways. But in order to hold on to nuances of pronunciation (a kind of verbal data), connect them with where she knew people were from (one variety of nonverbal data) and then use that information with new people, she would have to be good in all three respects. That was what I was
thinking about as I spoke to Ann at the end of this segment.  从这个意义上说,获得一门语言的意思,获得一种语言,就是耳朵进入这种语音,并进行悉心地体验,就会不自觉地组织语言的获得这种能力。如果这是真的话,一个最好的可能就是消化吸收语言,人们特别是将说话的语音达到熟练地程度,并且积累对不同声音的经验,然后再去组织语言的这些语音的数据,并且在同一时间内同步进行,通自己耳朵听到的声音去说,一边听一边说。真实太笨了,一边听一边说,同步进行就是压码心中会想耳朵听到的声音。他的耳朵对着他听到的声音去说,就像我们在第一个故事里面提到的安女士就是最出色的一位例子,她就是使用这个方法的人。至少他做到了这些方面,一是她可以在耳朵里面留住声音的细微差别,相对于声音数据来说,和那些具体的人相联系起来,知道这些人是从来里来的,这就是非语音的数据,比如音质音色气味等语音特征,然后利用这些信息知道一些新人是哪里的人,这三个方面必须都做得很好。这是我在本段结束时候对安发表的个人见解。
Working with the ideas  工作与思考
Are you sometimes able to identify where people are from by the way talk? 你能通过对话有时可以识别人名来自哪里吗?
they Which cities or parts of the country do you find it easiest to identify?你能发现并识别 哪一个城市或者国家的组成部分?
What characteristics of speech help you to identify them? 什么养的语音特色帮助你识别它们的?
Do you know anyone who is good at mimicking the way other people talk? 你知道谁善于模仿别人说话的方式?
How good a mimic are you yourself? 你自己模仿的有多么好?
In your experience, how do people seem to react to someone who is good at mimicry? 以你的经历和阅历,什么样的人的反应是最好模仿的?
Why do you think they react in this way?为什么你会认为他们会有这样的反应?

思考题是最好的口语练习到形式,也是英语思维的过程和基本方式,内容是次要的重要的是要学会这样的思考,进行提问和回答。

只看该作者 16 发表于: 2010-05-24
1.1.3 Transcribing what has been heard
m The emotional side of mimicry.
H The value of using one’s own mental imagery.
An Intuitive Learner: Ann 5
I was interested in how Ann went about learning pronunciation.
‘First of all, whenever somebody corrects me, I repeat. It doesn’t bother me. In
fact, I’m grateful. And if I don’t get it right, I’ll say it again. I keep on until I get a
look of affirmation from the person.’
‘But in a classroom, with other students, you can’t always do that.’
‘No, that’s right. So what I do in Norwegian, where the spelling is irregular, I
make marks on the pages of the book. If the letter i is pronounced [I] instead of , I
just put a little check above it. Or if a consonant letter isn’t pronounced at all, I
draw a circle around it. That kind of thing.’
At this point my colleague, who was listening to the conversation, came in with a
question. ‘I’m very curious about that,’ he said. ‘The textbook we use for Norwegian
has a phonetic transcription for every dialog. I wonder why you developed your own
system for doing this when the phonetic version of the same thing was already
available to you.’
‘Because then I’d have to learn another language!’ was her immediate reply. ‘I
know there’s an international phonetic alphabet, but I didn’t have time, in starting
to learn Norwegian. to learn that first. because that would be a third language! It
would be additional!’
‘From your point of view,’ I interrupted, ‘the marks you use are something that’s
part of you, and therefore they’re not alien. Therefore they don’t . . .’
‘Yes. I don’t have to learn something new in order to do that.’
‘And because this system of marks comes out of you, it fits you. So it doesn’t
distract your eye.’
‘That’s right.’
Comments
William G. Moulton’s 1966 guidebook for language learners contains many helpful
suggestions.’ In the chapter on sounds, he reassured his readers that most people
can actually do a pretty fair job of imitating foreign sounds - if they try. What keeps
many people from really trying, he said, is that they do not like to hear themselves
sounding foreign. How can such people overcome this inhibition? Moulton advised
them to pretend that they are ‘making a hilariously funny imitation’ of the foreign
speaker. He said that the result of this approach would be a pronunciation that
would delight one’s hearers.
I am not sure I would give this advice to anyone. My reasons are based largely on
my own experience. I am a fairly good mimic, and my pronunciation of foreign
languages has always been considered very good or even near-native. Yet I have
never used Moulton’s trick of pretending I am making fun of someone. In all my
years of dealing with students of many languages, I have never heard one say he or
she had used Moulton’s trick, either. My own pronunciation is at its best, in fact,
when I am trying to feel myself like someone that I respect. So I was interested in
Ann’s remark in 1.1.2, that she never used her mimicry ability ‘in a comic sense.’
Professional linguists of twenty years ago also emphasized the importance of
getting native speakers to correct one’s pronunciation as closely and as often as
possible. Now here is Ann, a certified successful language learner, telling us that she

1.1.3 Transcribing what has been heard  转录你听到的
            1  The emotional side of mimicry.在模仿情感方面
            2   The value of using one’s own mental imagery. 应用自己精神想象的价值
An Intuitive Learner: Ann 5  直接的习得:安的第五部分
I was interested in how Ann went about learning pronunciation.‘First of all, whenever somebody corrects me, I repeat. It doesn’t bother me. In fact, I’m grateful. And if I don’t get it right, I’ll say it again. I keep on until I get a look of affirmation from the person.’ ‘But in a classroom, with other students, you can’t always do that.’ ‘No, that’s right. So what I do in Norwegian, where the spelling is irregular, I make marks on the pages of the book. If the letter i is pronounced [I] instead of , I  just put a little check above it. Or if a consonant letter isn’t pronounced at all, I
draw a circle around it. That kind of thing.’我最感兴趣的是,安是如何通过发音来习得语言的,首先,每当有人纠正我的时候,我再说一遍,他没有打扰我,实际上反而我很感激他。如果我没有得到这样的机会,我就会再说一遍,我继续不停地重复,直到我得到一个人看到,但是你在一个教室里面,与其他同学在一起的时候,你不能总是这样做。不会这样,这是对的,因此,我在挪威的时候,我会怎么做,因为那里的拼写很不规则,我就在书的页码上做标记,如果字母i的发音是一音而不是 I 音,我就在书上做一个标记,或者如果一个辅音如果不发音,我就在周围画一个圆圈,这一类的东西。
    看一段内容,一定是作者在抄袭我的压码听清和压码注音的学习方法的内容了,听到一句,在心中回想一遍是压码听清,听到一个句子的语音在上面做标记,而且标记的符号都一样,不发音符号用一个圆圈来标示。可惜,你无论是来到过我们压码论坛,对我们的压码学习法进行模仿,进行翻译,你一时半时还学不到我的真传,要想真正学好压码法,你就要放下自己的架子,敢当一位压码学员。
  压码注音的速度是和阅读同步进行的,我敢说我只要对你的文章进行压码注音,就能保证注音和你说的一样,你是否也有这个胆量说这样的话。以后再说这样的学员,不如干脆说压码论坛的真名学员好了。
   不过,你翻译我的压码论坛的内容的英语写的好是很直白的,我承认你的描写值得学习,但是你不要在谈什么你的论坛的内容不得进行复制之类的话了,因为你自己本身还不会压码。

At this point my colleague, who was listening to the conversation, came in with a question. ‘I’m very curious about that,’ he said. ‘The textbook we use for Norwegian has a phonetic transcription for every dialog. I wonder why you developed your own system for doing this when the phonetic version of the same thing was already  available to you.’  用我的一位同事的话来说,他听一个对话,就提一个问题,我对此非常感到惊奇,我们使用的挪威教科书上面,每个句子都有一个对话框,你不知道你自己开发这样的系统的时候,一个拼音的版本已经提供给你。
    告诉你,这就是我们呀码论坛的压码注音范例,如果你需要的话,我会专门给你做你需要的任何版本,不需要你做什么惊讶的事情,你自己可以自学学会压码注音,打字发送到到论坛,让我来给你进行纠正,就像我在你的文章里面进行注音一样,需要的话,你最好好好学习一下你好美国第五次第十二课我写的压码注音范例讲解。压码学员是不分国界的。
‘Because then I’d have to learn another language!’ was her immediate reply. ‘I know there’s an international phonetic alphabet, but I didn’t have time, in starting to learn Norwegian. to learn that first. because that would be a third language! It would be additional!’  因为我必须学习其他的语言,他立即回答说,我知道这里有一个国际拼音字母符号,但是我没有时间学习,在我学习挪威语的时候,首先想的的是如何习得,因为这是我的第三国语言,他还会有更多的外语习得。
   ‘From your point of view,’ I interrupted, ‘the marks you use are something that’s part of you, and therefore they’re not alien. Therefore they don’t . . .’ ‘Yes. I don’t have to learn something new in order to do that.’ ‘And because this system of marks comes out of you, it fits you. So it doesn’t distract your eye.’ ‘That’s right.’ 从你的观点来看,我打断他的说话,你正子时用的而这些标志,是你自己的一部分,因此,他们不是鲜活的,因此他们不是。。。是的,我没有学到新的东西,因为这些系统很适合你所以并不分散你的眼睛的注意力,这是对的。
  Comments 评论
William G. Moulton’s 1966 guidebook for language learners contains many helpful suggestions.’ In the chapter on sounds, he reassured his readers that most people can actually do a pretty fair job of imitating foreign sounds - if they try. What keeps many people from really trying, he said, is that they do not like to hear themselves sounding foreign. How can such people overcome this inhibition? Moulton advised them to pretend that they are ‘making a hilariously funny imitation’ of the foreign speaker. He said that the result of this approach would be a pronunciation that would delight one’s hearers. 威廉科莫尔在1966年语言习得指南一书的内容里面,有一些有用的建议,在语音章节里,他向他的读者介绍,大部分人可以模仿外国人的读音非常美妙微肖的程度,如果你想试验一下的话,许多人可能真的想这样尝试一下。他们自己并不想听到自己这些冠冕堂皇的外国话,怎样才能克服这种抑制自己听力的作用呢?莫尔顿建议大家,假装自己做了一个滑稽的事情,就是听了外国人说话很荒唐可笑,由此带来了一些快乐,他说这样将是一个人的发音变的成为一个快乐的外国听众。
   I am not sure I would give this advice to anyone. My reasons are based largely on my own experience. I am a fairly good mimic, and my pronunciation of foreign languages has always been considered very good or even near-native. Yet I have never used Moulton’s trick of pretending I am making fun of someone. In all my years of dealing with students of many languages, I have never heard one say he or she had used Moulton’s trick, either. My own pronunciation is at its best, in fact,when I am trying to feel myself like someone that I respect. So I was interested in Ann’s remark in 1.1.2, that she never used her mimicry ability ‘in a comic sense.’  我不能确定我的建议可以提供给任何人,我的理由主要是基于我自己大量的经验,我有一个极好的模仿,我的发音和外语一直被大家称为是很好听的那种人,甚至接近母语的程度,然而,我从没有用过莫尔顿那种被别人感觉很快乐的那种方法暗示自己,在我所有的外语与学生打交道的时候,我从来都没有听到这样说,他们使用过莫尔顿的技巧,无论什么时候都是这样,我自己的发音是最好的,事实上,当我试图喜欢一个人的时候,我自己首先对是需要尊重自己。所以我非常感兴趣的是,安在1,12章节中采用哪种标记的办法,他从来没有使用自己的模仿能力,形成一种漫画的感觉。

只看该作者 17 发表于: 2010-05-24
6 Success with Foreign Languages
does just that. Again, however, I think this is advice that must be handled with care.
I say so for two reasons:
1. Correcting other people’s pronunciation is not something that is normally done
in everyday social relations. It may therefore quickly become confusing, tiring,
even annoying to the speakers of the language. Anyone who asks for
corrections must be sensitive to this possibility.
2. A learner who does too much of this may find it confusing, tiring, and
discouraging for him or herself.
I suspect that the value Ann received from soliciting corrections came only partly
from the corrections themselves. Even more helpful may have been her open,
nondefensive attitude. Such an attitude would, I think, help her with all aspects of
the language, not just with pronunciation.
Both her supervisor and I learned something from Ann’s reaction to his question
about the phonetic transcription. It reminded me of a number of experiments on the
use of mental images in learning pairs of words.’ Subjects in the experiments were
asked to learn lists of pairs of words such as flower-pen. Later they were given one
word from each pair, and were asked to come back with the other. This was a fairly
hard task. It was made easier if the experimenter suggested an image, such as a
flower with its stem in the cap of a fountain pen. But it was much easier still if the
subjects made up their own images. I suspect that Ann had an intuitive awareness of
this principle when she chose to ‘go to the trouble’ of making up her own symbols
rather than accepting the ready-made ones in the book.
Working with the ideas
1. Can you think of any other reasons that might account for Ann’s preferring her
own phonetic marks?
2. When you hear a new name or other word, and want to remember its
pronunciation, what marks or respellings do you find yourself using for the
purpose?
6 Success with Foreign Languages  6 成功外语学习

Professional linguists of twenty years ago also emphasized the importance of  getting native speakers to correct one’s pronunciation as closely and as often as possible. Now here isn, acertified successful language learner, telling us that she does just that. Again, however, I think this is advice that must be handled with care. I say so for two reasons:  20年前一位职业语言学家强调说,利用母语来纠正语音达到非常接近的可能性。现在的安,一个外语成功学习者,他告诉我们的就是这样做的的一个很好的证明。不过,这只是我自己的意见,必须慎重处理,主要基于两点原因:
  1. Correcting other people’s pronunciation is not something that is normally done in everyday social relations. It may therefore quickly become confusing, tiring, even annoying to the speakers of the language. Anyone who asks for corrections must be sensitive to this possibility.纠正别人的发音,不是通常的依靠社会关系的每一天进行的,因为纠正别人的发音,可能很快就变得非常迷惑,很累,有时甚至对于一些人说的口语变的很烦恼。任何人要求纠正的时候,必须注意这一点的可能性。
   2. A learner who does too much of this may find it confusing, tiring, and discouraging for him or herself. 一位学习者,这样做可能发现很困惑不解,劳累,使得自己变的很沮丧。
I suspect that the value Ann received from soliciting corrections came only partly from the corrections themselves. Even more helpful may have been her open, nondefensive attitude. Such an attitude would, I think, help her with all aspects of the language, not just with pronunciation.  我怀疑安这样做的价值,她接受别人的请求纠正发音可能只是她身获得一部分,而更多的时候可能是一种自我纠正发音的过程。甚至更有用的帮助已经打开,就是非防御性的态度,如果是这样的话,如果是具有这样的态度的话,可能会帮助所有的方面,而不仅仅是发音方面。
   Both her supervisor and I learned something from Ann’s reaction to his question about the phonetic transcription. It reminded me of a number of experiments on the use of mental images in learning pairs of words.’ Subjects in the experiments were asked to learn lists of pairs of words such as flower-pen. Later they were given one word from each pair, and were asked to come back with the other. This was a fairly hard task.  她的上司和我都从安哪里学到了很多东西,他所反映出来的关于拼音问题方面就是值得学习的。他提醒我,在使用单词对的时候,利用心理回想的图像,可以更好地记住我的实验室的成员,我要求实验对象学习单词对,比如花笔,后来我要求给予一个单词,找回对应的另外一个单词,这是一个相当艰巨的任务。
It was made easier if the experimenter suggested an image, such as a flower with its stem in the cap of a fountain pen. But it was much easier still if the subjects made up their own ims. I suspect that Ann had an intuitive awareness of this principle when she chose to ‘go to the trouble’ of making up her own symbols rather than accepting the ready-made ones in the book.
我想这是比较容易做到的,如果一个实验者建议,比如花在钢笔的笔杆的笔帽上,这仍然是比较容易做到的,如果将你需要的对象形象出来他的图像的话,我怀疑安对于直接学习这一原则的认识上,安选择去掉了运用自己符号系统的烦恼,而不是停留到相信书的说法。

Working with the ideas  工作于思考
1. Can you think of any other reasons that might account for Ann’s preferring her own phonetic marks?你能想出安在引用她自己的拼音标记的时候的其他原因没有?
2. When you hear a new name or other word, and want to remember its pronunciation, what marks or respellings do you find yourself using for the purpose?当你听到一个新名字或者单词的时候,你想记住他的声音,采用什么样的标记和拼写形式比较好,你发现这样做的目的是什么?

只看该作者 18 发表于: 2010-05-24
1.1.4 Staying afloat in a ‘torrent of sound’
n Fundamental ideas of the Natural Approach.
~~~ I
As an example of ‘learning through her ears,’ Ann mentioned an anthropology
course she had taken. ‘Most people had to read the textbook over and over,’ she
remembered, ‘but if I heard something in a lecture, afterwards I could reproduce it -
though not word-for-word - and it’s very easy for me to do this. I think I have an
An Intuitive Learner: Ann 7
aural memory. It’s the same in English or Italian or Greek: whatever the language, I
can reproduce the ideas.’
‘These are all languages that you understand?’
‘Yes,’ she replied, ‘but if it’s a language I don’t understand, I still search. Other
people - I remember once in a hotel in India where nobody happened to speak
English, some people just stood there passively and waited. Not me! I was there
listening. So one thing I do is, I give my full attention to what is going on.’
Did she mean full attention just to the sounds, or also to the meanings? I asked
her.
‘I heard a whole torrent of sound,’ she replied, ‘but then, for instance, when I
kept hearing “Sahib this” or “Sahib that,” I realized that means “Sir,” and they were
talking about my husband.’
‘And you asked yourself, “What meanings could they possibly be associating with
my husband?” '
‘Mhm. Mhm. Part of it is intuition.’
Comments
Would it not be a good idea to give learners simultaneously the words and the things
the words stand for? That way, the Language Acquisition Device would have both
of the kinds of material it needs.
As a matter of fact, a number of methods make use of exactly this principle.
Students look at carefully designed pictures, or watch the teacher perform actions,
or they perform actions themselves. As they do so, they hear or repeat words and
sentences that are consistent with those pictures or actions: ‘This is a pencil,’ ‘I am
going to the board, I am picking up the chalk, ’ ‘Point to the girl with the yellow
sandals,’ and the like. For these methods to succeed, the teacher must be sure of two
things. One is that the words themselves are clear. The other is that the point of
each picture or each action is sharply defined. If the teacher controls the words and
the meanings skillfully, nearly any student can follow this kind of lesson and profit
from it.
But Ann is not just any student. At the hotel she is inundated by what she calls a
‘torrent’ of speech sounds. These are sounds that have not been planned by any
teacher. At the same time, she is hit by second ‘torrent’: all of the actions, gestures,
facial expressions, tones of voice, and so forth that are going on around her. These
data illustrate no clear series of points. Unlike many learners, however, Ann does
not just let herself float helplessly in these two ‘torrents.’ She is scanning both of
them actively, and managing to pull a few useful things out of them. As a result, her
LAD (see 1.1.2) is receiving data that are more numerous and more subtle than
most people’s would be receiving at the hotel. What is more, she actually seems to
find the activity invigorating rather than overwhelming!
This experience of Ann’s is an embryonic example of a widely discussed theory of
adult learning called the ‘Natural Approach.’ According to the Natural Approach,
adults acquire a language in much the same way as infants do.’ That is to say, they
acquire it through exposure to sounds of the language and, simultaneously, to the

1.1.4 Staying afloat in a ‘torrent of sound’     保持漂浮在声音上的洪流
        Fundamental ideas of the Natural Approach.   自然教学法的基本思路
As an example of ‘learning through her ears,’ Ann mentioned an anthropology course she had taken. ‘Most people had to read the textbook over and over,’ she remembered, ‘but if I heard something in a lecture, afterwards I could reproduce it - though not word-for-word - and it’s very easy for me to do this. I think I have an An Intuitive Learner: Ann 7 aural memory. It’s the same in English or Italian or Greek: whatever the language, I can reproduce the ideas.’  作为打通耳朵的习得训练的例子,安将这个练习课程提高到人类学的高度,这是她已经采取的行动,大多数人不得不一遍又一遍阅读课本,她记住了,但是如果我听完一个演讲的的东西,我能重现他,通过没有文字的文字,我能够非常容易地做到这一点,我想,大概我有一个自然直观习得,安7听觉记忆,在学习英语、意大利语、希腊语的时候,都一样可以一遍记忆,无论什么语言,我都能做到听完一遍重现他的意思和思路。
    这个安有点像我的翻版,保持跟随一个语流的学习,作为一个自然教学法的思路专家们提出来了,目前他们还只是停留在设想的阶段,实际上在我的压码论坛各种配套方法的细节已经及其完善和有效了,这也是我为什么选择七个成功者来赏析这本书的意思,打通耳朵关的例子,在压码论坛扶手可得,绝不是只有一位安女士专家们就震惊不已欢呼雀跃了,我现在已经将压码法形成了人类赖以传播信息的一个新的传播媒介,甚至不看文字闭眼看到自己需要的网络,看到里面的信息内容,闭眼查字典已经是很多年的情况了,那是还不能有效地控制,现在已经有了很多的调用的渠道。
   压码的任何方法最大的特点是,连续不停一遍完成,教给大家怎样压住码,就是一遍记住,这从压码第一个方法压码听清开始,就是这样的,一些人学习总是重复不断,逆向法是一个句子一个句子的暂停和复读,千万法也是一个句子停下来进行听写,专家将重复、重复再重复已经上升到英语学习的法则的高度,但是没有人可以将一遍学会语音记住重现作为学习者必备的基本素质来加以肯定,这些基本技能的获得,每个方法都可以采用一个晚上辅导学员实现,彻底改变那些一些英语学习者一遍不能记忆反复重复的陋习。
    当你听完一个演讲的时候能否再现他,这需要深度听清的连环压码就可以了,我不得不多说两句,因为你就是可以压码听清,连续不停地听完一句,压码回想出来一句,实现语音再现,当听完整个磁带的时候,你还会忘记前面的内容,因为你只是具备了压码一个句子的能力,就是落后一个句子进行跟随,跟随一个语流,这样还是不够的,如果你想要进行段落压码一遍记住你必须进行连环压码,就是连续不停磁带听音,每个句子心中会想3遍,然后将句子的语音多重压码记住,记住的标志就是三个句子播放结束,继续播放第四个句子的时候,你可以凭借记忆会想出来前面三个句子,而不影响第四个句子的压码听清。这样一盘磁带螺旋式循环前进,一盘磁带听完的时候,你就全部记住了语音,理解了意思,实现了语音再现,因为直接的压码深度听清训练可以实现直接的压码听懂,所以我们将深度听清连环压码独立出来作为一个压码听懂训练法,论坛里面有大量的范例,就是教你怎样从整理文本、基本句式,怎样听清语音,看清文本精确到字母细节,理解意思,段落记忆,口语复述,变换,到英语写作的完整训练方式的讲解和示范过程。
    压码语音听完一盘磁带进行压码注音到论坛,变****人都可以检验看的出来听清精确记忆能力的压码注音文本,我可以做到一遍连续不停听完一盘磁带至少记忆2天时间不会忘记,练习过的语音2年以后不再复习的情况下,仍然可以精确地不听语音进行直接在文本上注音准确,只要任何英语文本上来我就能注音准确,发送到论坛上让大家学习。
   而英语的再现能力,体现在压码朗读拓展训练练习上,就是进行连续不停磁带变速压码抄写,自己听写自己跟随磁带压码跟读的语音理解记忆文本,看着文本3人进行角色扮演对话内容,交替变化扮演的角色,进行一个学员连续不停提问每个句子内容,一个学员连续不停回答磁带每个句子内容,脱离课文,将熟练语言变成提问回答的口头语言,将对话语言用英语写作出来书面语言,将听完的语音进行完整服输口头练习,使得任何学员第一次练习,就能连续不停5个小时说口语,不但可以几人互动口语练习,自己没有同伴的时候,你可以自己录制到cool编辑软件的124个音轨上每遍跟听磁带连续不停说自己理解口语的录音,再听自己口语录音继续口语拓展训练。
   看****连环跟读练习,可以111,222,333,123,444,234。。。一直不停压码连环跟读理解记忆,通过课后口语练习进行口语提问回答看过****的详细内容的检验,可以看着****说口语,连续不停地将当时现场看懂的****用自己的语言同步说出来,实现语音理解记忆的再现,我甚至在论坛上面提供了一些英语磁带、****、报纸的一遍理解记忆训练的构想和范例。大家设想一下:如果有人用英语讲半个小时的口语,你只能听一遍,然后你将听完的语音进行复述故事情节,要表达完整信息内容,但是不能采用原来的英语句子,这些电视台上的英语口语复述训练的竞赛方式,就是一遍听完再现的训练模式。
   我们提供了5000多篇英语报纸新闻文本练习压码看报纸,也是连环朗读训练,当你看到报纸的时候,本来是没有语音的文本,你可以采用文本朗读软件进行播放报纸文本,你采用150、200速度在开始训练的时候瞬间将自己的听力提高到4倍速,然后再听3倍速、2倍速语音,就和常速一样的效果,你用70%速度进行训练连续不停压码理解报纸训练,里面不管有多少生词,都不会影响你直接朗读理解记忆的能力,你连环朗读进行每个句子读三遍,而软件连续不停70%速度播放一遍,你听完连环循环朗读结束就全部理解记忆了报纸的内容。我们还提供了每日及时世界新闻网站链接的报纸朗读软件,在软件上每天上千篇报纸文章分门别类的题目可以选择点击,然后就会出现文章的网页文本,一边听语音,一边看文本,进行压码朗读报纸,每个文章一遍完成理解记忆全过程。联系的结果就是可以形成大量的英语意识流,就是你的大脑里面会超音速浮现大量的英语思维的过程信息。
       ‘These are all languages that you understand?’ ‘Yes,’ she replied, ‘but if it’s a language I don’t understand, I still search. Other people - I remember once in a hotel in India where nobody happened to speak English, some people just stood there passively and waited. Not me! I was ther listening. So one thing I do is, I give my full attention to what is going on.’ Did she mean full attention just to the sounds, or also to the meanings? I asked her.  这些所有的语言你都能理解吗?使得,她回答,但是如果一个语言不能理解的时候,我仍然在搜索,而其他的人们,我记得一次在印度酒店,哪里没有人在说英语,一些人只是站在那里消极的等待,而我不是这样,我是在认真地听,所以我就是这样做一些事,我将充分注意给自己持续进行,那她是充分注意到这些声音,还包括意思吗?我问她。

‘I heard a whole torrent of sound,’ she replied, ‘but then, for instance, when I kept hearing “Sahib this” or “Sahib that,” I realized that means “Sir,” and they were talking about my husband.’ ‘And you asked yourself, “What meanings could they possibly be associating with my husband?” ' ‘Mhm. Mhm. Part of it is intuition.’  我听到一个完整的声音的语流,我回答道,但是,然后,当我听到萨赫比这个,萨赫比那个的时候,我认为他的意思是先生,并告诉我丈夫,你问你丈夫吗?我的丈夫将会赞成我可能会是什么意思的说法。吗呀,这就是我丈夫的一部分态度的流露。

Comments 评论
Would it not be a good idea to give learners simultaneously the words and the things the words stand for? That way, the Language Acquisition Device would have both of the kinds of material it needs.  这是一个好主意,同时告诉同学这些单词是什么意思,用这个方法,英语获得装置,将会包括所有需要的材料。
As a matter of fact, a number of methods make use of exactly this principle. Students look at carefully designed pictures, or watch the teacher perform actions, or they perform actions the elves. As they do so, they hear or repeat words and sentences that are consistent with those pictures or actions: ‘This is a pencil,’ ‘I am going to the board, I am picking up the chalk, ’ ‘Point to the girl with the yellow sandals,’ and the like. For these methods to succeed, the teacher must be sure of two things. One is that the words themselves are clear. The other is that the point of each picture or each action is sharply defined. If the teacher controls the words and the meanings skillfully, nearly any student can follow this kind of lesson and profit from it. 作为一个实际的问题,一个方法的成员已经作为广泛使用的好原则,学生看着这些精心设计的****,看着老师操作的动作,他们也会这样做,他们听着并重复这单词和句子,考虑着这些****的具体动作:这是一支笔,我将要走上讲台,捡起一个粉笔,点在一个女孩的****凉鞋上,或者类似的做法等等,为了使得这些方法能够成功,老师必须确信两件事情:一是单词本身是清晰的,另外点出每个****和每个行动是分明确定的,如果老师能够控制好,这些单词和意思,能够熟练地,巧妙地搭配,接近任何学生可以跟上节奏,揭阳的课程就会获益很多。
But Ann is not just any student. At the hotel she is inundated by what she calls a ‘torrent’ of speech sounds. These are sounds that have not been planned by any eacher. At the same time, she is hit by second ‘torrent’: all of the actions, gestures, facial expressions, tones of voice, and so forth that are going on around her. These data illustrate no clear series of points. Unlike many learners, however, Ann does not just let herself float helplessly in these two ‘torrents.’ She is scanning both of them actively, and managing to pull a few useful things out of them. As a result, her LAD (see 1.1.2) is receiving data that are more numerous and more subtle than most people’s would be receiving at the hotel. What is more, she actually seems to find the activity invigorating rather than overwhelming!  但是,安就不是其他学生一样的,在酒店里,淹没在说话声音的语流里,这些声音是没有计划的,任何老师都没有交给他这样做,与此同时,他们是第二种语流:所用的动作,手势,面部表情,语音的语调,这四种非语言的信息都围绕着她。这些数据信息没有说明一系列问题,不像许多学习者,然而,她并不只是网自己漂浮在两个无奈的语流上,她是扫描人们的行动,然后管理抽取出来一些有用的信息,作为结果,在LAD(见1.1.2),她接受的信息更广泛,更微妙,和这些酒店的人们相比,更重要的是,她发现动作更活跃,比那些匆匆过客。
   This experience of Ann’s is an embryonic example of a widely discussed theory of adult learning called the ‘Natural Approach.’ According to the Natural Approach, adults acquire a language in much the same way as infants do.’ That is to say, they acquire it through exposure to sounds of the language and, simultaneously, to the meanings that go with those sounds. During this period of exposure: 这是安的经历,是一个理论界广泛讨论的一个话题,称作“自然教学法”的雏形的例子,根据这些自然教学法,成年人获得习得语言多数就像儿童一样的方法,就是说,他们通过接触语言的语音,同时到与语音联系的意思,在这期间都被暴露无疑。
只看该作者 19 发表于: 2010-05-24
8 Success with Foreign Languages
meanings that go with those sounds. During this period of exposure:
H The Language Acquisition Device sorts things out from all of the data,
linguistic and nonlinguistic, that the person’s mind takes in.
n This sorting-out process gives rise to ‘acquired competence.’
n Insofar as he or she is ‘acquiring’ and not ‘learning’ (see 1.1.2), the adult
produces language only on the basis of this acquired competence.
n There is consequently a certain silent period between the time of first exposure
and the time when the acquirer begins to produce anything in the language.
H But acquired competence develops only gradually.
H At first, therefore, the acquirer’s attempts in the language are just a rough
approximation of how the mature speakers talk.
H As acquired competence develops over time, however, production becomes
more and more consistent with the usage of the speech community as a whole.
n The acquisition process moves faster when the acquirer is free from
unnecessary anxieties or distractions.
n Acquisition by adults is most efficient when they are exposed to language which
they can comprehend, but which is just a little beyond what they are already
able to produce.
n Learning rules or vocabulary lists, or otherwise trying to focus on just one point
at a time (that is to say, ‘learning’) is unnecessary. It may even be
counterproductive. In any case, it does not lead to acquired competence, the
only source for spontaneous production of the language.
Of course Ann had not yet developed any acquired competence in the language she
was hearing in the hotel. But we do see her listening silently, taking data in without
anxiety, and reacting to at least one correspondence between words and the real
world. The acquisition process that we outlined above had apparently begun.
Working with the ideas
1. Do you take notes at lectures? If you do, what use do you make of your notes
after the lecture is finished? Do you read them silently, read them aloud, or
copy them in written form? Do you discard them? What seems to be the
reason for your choice in this matter?
2. If you have access to television, videotapes, or movies in a language you do
not know. watch five minutes of one. If none of these is available. use a book
or a newspaper. Try to give it the kind of ‘active attention’ that Ann is talking
about. What words or longer expressions seem to have come up more than
once?

1 The Language Acquisition Device sorts things out from all of the data, linguistic and nonlinguistic, that the person’s mind takes in.这些各式各样的语言习得装置,从各个数据信息的获得,有语言的和非语言的数据信息,那是人们的心灵的体验。
2  This sorting-out process gives rise to ‘acquired competence.’ 这些各种整理出来的过程,就会产生自然吸收消化获得的能力。
3  In sofar as he or she is ‘acquiring’ and not ‘learning’ (see 1.1.2), the adult produces language only on the basis of this acquired competence. 就因为他或者她是习得而非学习(见1.1.2),成年人产生的语言能力只是基于这种习得获取自然消化吸收外语的能力。
4 But acquired competence develops only gradually. 但是这后天习得获取的能力是逐步发展起来的。
5  At first, therefore, the acquirer’s attempts in the language are just a rough approximation of how the mature speakers talk.  首先,因此,这些语言习得的意图,只是大略接近自然学习者说话。
6  As acquired competence develops over time, however, production becomes more and more consistent with the usage of the speech community as a whole. 作为习得能力的发展需要一定的时间,但是,他会产生越来越多的考虑,变成作为符合社会活动公共交流说话的一个整体。

6 The acquisition process moves faster when the acquirer is free from unnecessary anxieties or distractions. 这些习得获取过程是快速转化的,当你习得外语的时候,不要感到焦虑和不安。
7  Acquisition by adults is most efficient when they are exposed to language which they can comprehend, but which is just a little beyond what they are already able to produce.成年人习得语言,大多数是有效的,当他们接触语言可以理解,但是只是较少地超过他们已经具有的能力去产生
8  Learning rules or vocabulary lists, or otherwise trying to focus on just one point at a time (that is to say, ‘learning’) is unnecessary. It may even be counterproductive. In any case,   it does not lead to acquired competence, the only source for spontaneous production of the language.习得规则或者词汇列表,或者其他试图集中在一点时间,就是说习得方式,是不必要的。甚至可能适得其反,在任何情况下,他不能导致获取习得能力,唯一来源于语言的自发的获取。

Of course Ann had not yet developed any acquired competence in the language she was hearing in the hotel. But we do see her listening silently, taking data in without anxiety, and reacting to at least one correspondence between words and the real world. The acquisition process that we outlined above had apparently begun.  当然,还没有开发出任何语言的习得能力,她在酒店的听力方面,但是我们看到她静静地听着,同时没有任何焦虑的说话信息,反应到至少是真实的单词世界,在这次习得获取过程中,上述的行动至少已经开始了。

1 The Language Acquisition Device sorts things out from all of the data, linguistic and nonlinguistic, that the person’s mind takes in.这些各式各样的语言习得装置,从各个数据信息的获得,有语言的和非语言的数据信息,那是人们的心灵的体验。
2  This sorting-out process gives rise to ‘acquired competence.’ 这些各种整理出来的过程,就会产生自然吸收消化获得的能力。
3  In sofar as he or she is ‘acquiring’ and not ‘learning’ (see 1.1.2), the adult produces language only on the basis of this acquired competence. 就因为他或者她是习得而非学习(见1.1.2),成年人产生的语言能力只是基于这种习得获取自然消化吸收外语的能力。
4 But acquired competence develops only gradually. 但是这后天习得获取的能力是逐步发展起来的。
5  At first, therefore, the acquirer’s attempts in the language are just a rough approximation of how the mature speakers talk.  首先,因此,这些语言习得的意图,只是大略接近自然学习者说话。
6  As acquired competence develops over time, however, production becomes more and more consistent with the usage of the speech community as a whole. 作为习得能力的发展需要一定的时间,但是,他会产生越来越多的考虑,变成作为符合社会活动公共交流说话的一个整体。

6 The acquisition process moves faster when the acquirer is free from unnecessary anxieties or distractions. 这些习得获取过程是快速转化的,当你习得外语的时候,不要感到焦虑和不安。
7  Acquisition by adults is most efficient when they are exposed to language which they can comprehend, but which is just a little beyond what they are already able to produce.成年人习得语言,大多数是有效的,当他们接触语言可以理解,但是只是较少地超过他们已经具有的能力去产生
8  Learning rules or vocabulary lists, or otherwise trying to focus on just one point at a time (that is to say, ‘learning’) is unnecessary. It may even be counterproductive. In any case,   it does not lead to acquired competence, the only source for spontaneous production of the language.习得规则或者词汇列表,或者其他试图集中在一点时间,就是说习得方式,是不必要的。甚至可能适得其反,在任何情况下,他不能导致获取习得能力,唯一来源于语言的自发的获取。

Of course Ann had not yet developed any acquired competence in the language she was hearing in the hotel. But we do see her listening silently, taking data in without anxiety, and reacting to at least one correspondence between words and the real world. The acquisition process that we outlined above had apparently begun.  当然,还没有开发出任何语言的习得能力,她在酒店的听力方面,但是我们看到她静静地听着,同时没有任何焦虑的说话信息,反应到至少是真实的单词世界,在这次习得获取过程中,上述的行动至少已经开始了。

Working with the ideas  工作于思考
1. Do you take notes at lectures? If you do, what use do you make of your notes after the lecture is finished? Do you read them silently, read them aloud, or copy them in written form? Do you discard them? What seems to be the reason for your choice in this matter?  你在听讲座的时候做笔记吗?如果你做的话,你做些什么笔记,在听完讲座以后?你是静静地阅读,朗读,或者是复制他们用书面形式,你会丢弃它们,视乎在你选择这些问题答案的是什么原因。
2  If you have access to television, videotapes, or movies in a language you do not know. watch five minutes of one. If none of these is available. use a book or a newspaper. Try to give it the kind of ‘active attention’ that Ann is talking about. What words or longer expressions seem to have come up more than once?  如果您想拥有自然吸收语言的尝试,你可以使用电视,录像带,或电影,你如果不知道该怎样做,你可以一次只看5分钟节目,如果没有这些学习资源可用,你也可以使用一本书或一张报纸,尝试着给于它积极的关注,就像安的谈话,告诉你关于什么单词和更长的经验来积极关注一下各种非语言的动作,你是否这样做过似乎已远远超过了一次?
    实际上对于安这样的做法,压码论坛的做法,何止是做过一次,几乎遍布任何学习材料,大家最熟悉的压码看电影写汉语日记就是这样,在开始第一次大家就看着画面的故事情节写自己理解的故事情节,我告诉大家任何人任何语言的画面都是可以理解的,你理解到就是非语言的东西,你看到电影出现一个人,看看是男的还是女的,你就可以写自己看到的人在做什么,你可能还不知道他的名字,等后面对话中出现了人名的时候再加上人名就可以了,你不需要听懂语音句子的内容看画面就能理解视频的故事情节在干什么,这是任何人都能第一次就做到的。这一条极其重要,实际上200多个国家的常用语言,只要有电影,你就可以看懂画面,看懂的就可以通过汉语日记写下故事情节,你没有任何的外语基础,就可以连续不停的写各种外语电影的汉语日记,你会通过电影画面学会怎样认人,只要有了人名,你就可以将听到的人名的声音用汉语的语音写下人名,至于汉语音译的是否对都无关紧要,有了人名就可以记住故事情节的细节,没有人名你看到什么的故事情节都是模糊不清的,这样你对看懂的画面的故事情节。人与人之间的相互关系都通过汉语日记弄清楚了,如果你不写汉语日记,一个小时看完以后的内容你就全部顽疾了,可是当你写完汉语日记,就故事情节写下来以后,你整个电影的内容不单理解了而且你可以记住了。这就是一个了不起的自然消化吸收外语的学习习得过程。你将要远远超过安只是对动作语言洪流的关注,你这是直接全面理解了意思,而不是她那样的猜测出来一个单词,或者句子的意思,你是可以理解任何语言的任何电影,看几个小时就理解几个小时,而且理解几个小时,就记住几个小时的故事情节。这样说压码汉语日记在世界上还是第一次告诉大家任何外语都是可以这样直接理解记忆的。那些专家所探讨的直观学习法实际上只是一个概念,安的学习其实并没有达到我们关注的深度和广度,特别是没有能够连续不停的一天几个小时都看懂,都记住,所以压码看电影只要看过一边谢谢汉语日记就可以了,不用复习,一个月以后你看自己的汉语日记仍然是可以回想起来故事情节的。
   不单你可以写画面的故事情节,你还可以压码回想英语字幕,汉语字幕,英语对话的语音,做到语音和英语文本对应起来,汉语字幕和英语字幕对应起来,综合进行理解,压码记忆,你不单可以漂浮在说话人的语流上面,而且你通过压码看清英语字幕的每个字母的读音,可以深入到语音特征的细节进行深度听清记住语音和文本的细节,你好记性不如赖笔头,你的理解就会源源不断产生出来,如果你不写汉语日记,一些怪想法就转瞬即逝消失了,可是你一旦学会随时记录下来,一边看一边写,你就会将当时的任何反应连续不停地记录下来,你可以做到看电影画面,听语音、看文本字幕、写故事情节的汉语日记同时同步完成,电影画面和论坛发帖的窗口,只要点击一个窗口,就可以实现切换,你就可以学会一心多用了。
   不单你可以看着电影字幕进行压码看清文本的字母读音,如果你自己进行检验一下,看完一部电影,自己感觉全部看懂理解了,可是看完以后,自己又不能会想出来多少,你可以通过射手网等字幕下载下来,按照各个电影、电视连续剧的每季每集的顺序整理好目录和文本序号,将下载文本复制粘贴到英文通软件里面,英语文本和汉语文本都可以整理好,你可以不看电影,只看英文通里面下载了的文本,在写过电影汉语故事情节汉语日记后,根据自己对每个场景的记忆,来理解每个语音的句子,你也可以同时放缩小的电影窗口,你原来理解到电影,有的句子看着好像没有了将印象,这就说明你是假听懂的句子,你只要眼睛跟上语音句子就可以了,播音那个句子,你就看那个句子的文本,你发现开始可能一会眼睛就跟丢了文本,找不到句子你可以凭感觉跟上,如果不能跟上的时候,你可以直接看看播放电影的文本时间和下载字幕句子标记的时间,直接就找到播放到了那个句子,你就能顺利跟上整个电影的文本。你眼睛能够跟上电影语音对应的文本以后,你听完每个句子,压码看这个句子的文本,你就可以看到文本的每个句子排列的字母顺序,将连读、变音的每个读音记住一个首个字母,就可以做到压码看清,实际上就是压码注音的心里面的注音,是全面的压码抄写的心里的回想文本,因为压码抄写常速你跟不上,但是压码在心理面每个读音只会想读音的声母,你就可以完全跟上电影播放的常速。这样你就将语音和文本紧紧地联系到了一起。慢慢你可以体验到英语读音和汉语读音的一样的地方,实现外语语音的直译。你看下载文本字幕的时候,由于电影还没有播放到哪里,你就可以提前用眼睛看到,等播放的时候,语音速度快,你眼睛看到每个句子的字母语音细节速度慢,你看完一句听完一句,可以凭对语音的记忆心中会想一遍句子的读音,也会想出来了句子的文本。如果继续练习你还可能同时将英语语音回想着语音看完汉语的字幕,不会的单词就自然理解记住了,你记忆的只是英语的语音而已。
    你还可以一遍看电影,一边将电影中的基本句式表达方式进行关注,你只关注那些简单的你可以直接理解的句子就可以了,这样的句子表达方式你可以直接将文本复制出来,将句子之间的段落之间的连接词复制下来,你可以用自己可以说出英语口语的汉语语言写下来思维过程的汉语日记,一边看电影一边写电影的基本句式、连接词,将连接词融汇到简单英语口语的思维过程的汉语日记里面,这样你看一个小时电影,你的大脑就会快速随着电影故事情节活跃的思维一个小时,你看完电影可以写下大量自己英语思维过程的汉语文字,你整个电影内容和句式以及思维如何说话就都储存在你打大脑里面不会忘记了,你在看完电影以后,什么时候只要看着自己的压码看电影英语思维汉语日记,就可以用英语说下整部电影内容的英语口语。这样你不单看完一个小时电影,记住一个小时的故事情节,你还记住了一个小时的英语句式表达方式,只有连接词才是最有用的,这些碎句子就是英语口语的必备形式,你就可以说个没完没了。没有多少人看完一个小时英语电影,说出电影里面基本表达方式的内容的,但是我们的压马看电影方法可以,这不是一般的直观教学法,而是精细的只管理解记忆教学法。而且这个方法,不需要任何的辅导,大家看完的介绍,自己也不要下载电影,有下载的时间一部电影已经看完了,你直接在线看电影即可,直接在压码论坛开贴,某某的看电影压码汉语日记,写上什么语言、什么电影的集就可以开始你的汉语日记看电影的旅行了。
   压码法的直观教学最直观,最简单地将自己多年来的直接吸收英语,直接理解压码记忆的以简单有效的途径教给你。压码看电影看电视,还可以具体教会你产生图像思维的能力,只要试验几个小时就可以做到,你知道很多气功的图像思维是这样产生的,你放松,头部放松,颈部放松,两只放松,全身的肌肉放松,你感觉你的肌肉下沉,下沉到地板里面去了,你感激越来越放松,越来越无力,你进入到花园里面去了,这里有清澈的小河,蔚蓝的天空,你将你一天的烦劳都忘记了,你感到无比的放松和愉悦。你在想自己心中有个太阳,在你的肚脐下方转动,你感觉天空布满了星星,你感觉到处充满了鲜花,你可以尽情地展开你的想象的翅膀,去享受生活吧。。。所有这一切,你如果通过电影和电视的画面进行练习,见效就更加快。你可以看到电视画面的介绍,比如是一个拍摄电影实地的飞机空中摄像的电视片,你跟随电视镜头可以飞过那些拍摄电影的景点,你自己想象通过了一座大山,你听着英语的介绍,看一眼电视的画面,自己闭眼想象一下场景,你自己会发现自己想想的画面会远远比电视的画面更好看,尽管画面的图像和电视是不一样的,但是你可以迷糊着眼睛,似闭非闭状态,既可以看到电视画面,有可以自己想想画面,通过英语语音的引导,就像通过催眠引导一样,你就很快进入了状态,你自己的心中就是一些海事神楼,你可以想象出来天上的所有仙境,你可以想象鲜花的各种颜色,你可以借助电视画面的颜色进行亮眼的余光扫视,形成的就是光的颜色,这个会远远比电视的实际颜色鲜艳的多,你开始不懂电视的英语语音句子,但是用不了半小时时间,你在英语语音引导下,在电视画面引导下,自己根据语音进行想象,被那些光怪离奇的画面的情节所吸引,你不单融入了电视故事情节,你甚至被自己闭眼看到的画面所打动,你已经顽疾了自己是在看英语的电视节目,你自己感觉就是汉语的采访镜头,你自己闭眼看电视,闭眼看文字,闭眼听声音的能力,不到一个小时就全部开发出来了,以后你看完一个小时电影自己休息的时候i,就可以将自己看过的电影通过闭眼过电影,你可以看到任何你自己需要的内容,汉语的英语的你想想什么就有什么,想象的是文字就有文字字幕,想象的是网页就能闭眼看网页,你可以闭眼任意地实现网上搜索,搜索速度远远高于任何网络的速度,你要什么就有什么,甚至你实际到网上搜索一下就真的有这样的内容,甚至网上没有的内容你都可以通过闭眼找到自己需要的信息,你可以解决任何问题。
     压码论坛还有看英语讲座的范例,有网上各种电视软件可以看到的国外大学的课程教学读书笔记的学习系列帖子,你都可以借鉴。你在看高等数学,高等物理、分析化学、电脑软件、信息工程、医学教学等等任何大学电视讲座,都可以按照电视的字幕的内容提要进行压码快速抄写读书笔记,你可以利用英语连接词,自己的英语思维过程写在压码读书笔记里面,这里有取之不尽的教学电视片供你利用。这样,你如果到国外留学的话,大学教授的英语授课对于你来说,就没有任何问题了。你还可以专门看一些电视访谈的节目,这里英语口语讨论的专题采访,可以锻炼你的英语口语能力。
   在压码看电视跟读练习上,你可以开始先压码听清,听到一个句子回想一个句子的语音,连续不停地看电视跟读实况英语或者其他外语的语音,你接着就可以光张口不出声,我们乘坐气萨音,无声跟读,你接着小声跟读,逐渐大声跟读电视,5-10分钟你就可以压码跟读上电视的语音了,你继续练习压码跟读,你可以听到一个句子多重压码,快速跟读三遍,听到第二个句子再快速跟读三遍,跟读三个句子以后自己快速加上前面三个句子连续回想一遍,做到理解记忆,这样一直不停地连环跟读电视,如果不这样练习你可能是不会理解电视的,因为电视里面可能很多画面没有故事情节,只是几个人在哪里说口语进行新闻评述,进行专题访谈等节目,你可能不会理解,但是只要你可以多重压吗,每个句子快速跟读几遍,连环跟读你就可以听到一个句子理解一个句子,只要你记住了语音你就实现了理解句子,这一点任何人都不可思议的就这样实现了全面理解和记忆,你可以在已经理解是基础上,你可以试着对看懂的电视自己跟着说口语,你遇到一些很长的句子,你只要共分成几段,每段进行跟读几遍就可以了,凡是你感到速度太快不能一个句子跟读几遍的就都可以跟上了,你可能不能理解一个长句子,但是你可以理解自己分拆凯蒂短句子,你理解以后你就可以同你理解的英语快速说出来,开始不管说得对不对,但是通过你自己的口语跟说,已经和电视内容的语音句子不一样了,你是复述电视,你是自己想说什么就说什么,这一说不要紧,你后面的电视内容,就全部随着你自己的口语理解了。你会感到从没有的激动不已,电视口语是比电影更难理解的内容,都一下子被你攻克了,你可以跟读,连环跟读,分拆句子理解,自己说口语跟说交叉进行,累了就可以减少一些难度,你发现自己即使不采取这些高难度的跟读电视也可以理解了,特别是可以自己说话。就会非感到常低刺激。这样练习是高强度的,在压码看电影的时候任何学员一个小时都难看懂任何电影,就是这样个原因。当然你还可以进行压码汉语日记之类的练习,将自己理解的内容记忆下来。你还可以用cool编辑软件自己进行电视节目播音的录制,天天自己进行电视播音,你甚至可以自己制作电视台播音节目,在一些视频节目的房间进行实况播放,从而吸引更多的学友加入到你队伍来。
   语音的,视频的,文本的节目都是一样的,你压码查字典也是同样的可以纵向法查找朗读,全部一次朗读理解返回全部单词页,实现对基本单词的一次英语解释英语的全面理解,你也可以进行自然断句,将一个长句子分段,进行连环朗读,这里连环朗读的是1,12,123,1234,12345,123456,1234567个分段的句子,一边看着单词解释的句子进行朗读,一边进行压码抄写,听写出来自己朗读的读音段落,当你到达几个段落断句的时候,你可以凭自己语音朗读声音记忆,将几个句子一起在跟读自己语音一遍,这样一个长句子50个单词的,你抄写一遍,自己听写自己朗读的,你一遍就可以流利脱口而出特别长的字典解释的句子,你抄写完一个句子你就能自己用英语不看字典写下一个长句子,对于提高你的英语口语和写作能力是极大地,你这样压码抄写字典的速度是很快的,一天抄写一百页都有可能,所以听说读写理解记忆能力都是综合提高的。你还可以将一篇课文的文章的生词写下来,全部进行简单的查找字典解释页进行朗读理解复述课文,你将第一个解释朗读一遍,不用对不会的单词继续纵向法查找朗读理解,你直接对你理解的部分进行用基本简单的句式进行复述解释句子,全部假如有9条解释句子你都逐条进行英语口复述出来了,你这是可以对一个单词页全部的解释连起来英语进行综合的介绍,你的英语口语能力就可以实现连续几分钟地说口语了。而且可以和课文场景的句子结合起来应用。这样一天练习的课文生词由于每个生词只要第一层次,练习的进度就大大加快了,一本书的生词很快就能查完,并且可以用口语进行应用。这样练习以后,你也可以自己试着英语进行写作练习,将自己压码抄写、压码朗读理解的单词进行复述写作练习都可以根据自己的能力而定,他实现的不但是英语思维能力的提高,因为你理解了以后用自己的口语才说出来,你也练习提高了英语写作的能力。
   压码看报纸的方法已经介绍过了,你可以连环压码跟读报纸,实现不论有多少生词情况下,一遍朗读理解一篇课文,我们的成功学员辅导学员的时候都能一个晚上辅导其他新学员30-50篇5000千单词左右的长文章,你自己用文本网上朗读软件同样都可以练习,所以这才是真正的直接吸收获得习得英语的学习方法,他不是单一的一个方面的关注,而是全面的理解记忆,特别是练习一个小时以后的全面英语再现能力的培养方面尤其重要。视频的音频的文本的语音的学习材料,就是这么四种,任何外语的实现机制都是这样可以直接理解记忆的。只有记忆的才能更好地说口语和实现英语写作,这是听说读写全面提高的练习方法。
   对于单一的语音自然吸收,你可以听一个新的磁带,将一个报纸文章进行了能够朗读,将听到的磁带盒报纸内容完全不一样的语音消化吸收到这个报纸里面,再听一盘新磁带进行压码跟读,在朗读语音特征到这个报纸文章的语言色彩上,你可以将一个报纸文章用很多的英语读音朗读出来。朗读的英语直读能力就大大提高了,你可以对任何英语文章第一次就能不听磁带进行压码注音,速度也是极快的,因为你已经记住了各种变音连读的实况英语的语音,注音起来就会得心应手。
描述
快速回复

您目前还是游客,请 登录注册